Author Topic: Recent Legacy Purchases  (Read 190800 times)

Offline Theta 288

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: Recent Legacy Purchases
« Reply #360 on: March 6, 2009, 12:03 AM »
Bought again another entire wave 5, & two Mighty Muggs  Darth Revan.

................OOPS
« Last Edit: March 6, 2009, 01:21 PM by Theta 288 »

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: March 6, 2009, 09:12 AM »
Bought again another entire wave 5, & two Mighty Muggs  Darth Revan, but was just to sell them along with other SW lot for a little more at Ebay, cuz I have to pay a big contract bill from Empire that expire in April, new carpets in tha house  :)

Bad idea to admit that. People don't condone that around here.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Keonobi

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: March 6, 2009, 10:21 AM »
Found the Stormtrooper Han, Jawa, Ben and the Cantina aliens at Walmart last night.  They had doubles of Han and the Spacetrooper, which is odd, I'd expect the Spacetrooper to be most popular...  But no Luke. He's the only one I still need from the ANH wave.
I am not the Stig

Offline Theta 288

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: March 6, 2009, 11:37 AM »
Thanks Anton for the advise.  I maight not do that cuz I have other valuable stuff to back me up & most of the money.  Just not thinking straight at the moment  :)

Edited: Actualy I found a guy in the mall selling his new huge SW collection, I will try to trade with him & my extra Wave 5 goes to him  :)
« Last Edit: March 7, 2009, 01:25 PM by Theta 288 »

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: March 8, 2009, 12:59 PM »
On Friday I scored a set of the new general release EU Comic 2-packs (Luke/Deena, Wedge/Bothan, Mundi/Hett).
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: March 8, 2009, 01:28 PM »
Scored two Spacetroopers and Luke and Han Stormies on a late night toy run last night. Wave 5 = finished. :)
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: March 8, 2009, 02:49 PM »
Unexpectedly came across the Wedge/Bothan 2-pack today.

The Bothan is really really nice, and I would army build, if it weren't for the piece of crud that is the Wedge figure packed in with it.  Wedge's legs aren't even, and the lack of ankle articulation makes it impossible to correct.

Man if this were a Bothan 2 pack, I'd go nuts.  Like with the Amanin pack  :D
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: March 12, 2009, 12:05 PM »
Finally found the new Luke/Deena Comic pack, at Target, and received my Joker Squad set.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #368 on: March 12, 2009, 12:13 PM »
Wedge's legs aren't even, and the lack of ankle articulation makes it impossible to correct.

Didn't someone say that the Wedge legs were the sucky "Training Clone" legs again?  If so, someone really has to go over to china and smash that mold so they can't use those legs again to ruin more figures in the future...  :P
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: March 12, 2009, 12:24 PM »
Wedge's legs aren't even, and the lack of ankle articulation makes it impossible to correct.

Didn't someone say that the Wedge legs were the sucky "Training Clone" legs again?  If so, someone really has to go over to china and smash that mold so they can't use those legs again to ruin more figures in the future...  :P

Ridiculous. Why are they so in love with that mold?!!? >:(
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #370 on: March 12, 2009, 02:57 PM »
I'm not surprised if they had it dusted off to use for that multi-pack, but I agree it's a horrid choice and Hasbro needs to abandon those horrific legs.

For me, the Wedge is boring though anyway.  The Bothan's the prize of the set...  Those uniforms RS wore in the comic were hideous to begin with.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline EpicGon

• Jedi Padawan
  • The life so short, the craft so large to learn.
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: March 13, 2009, 02:04 AM »
picked up TLC Imperial Evo Trooper, so I built R4-D6

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: March 14, 2009, 06:27 PM »
For me, the Wedge is boring though anyway.  The Bothan's the prize of the set...  Those uniforms RS wore in the comic were hideous to begin with.

Agreed - almost like they were going for something along the lines of the Star Trek-ification of Star Wars - sorry, I know that's a horrible way to describe it. I always thought it was ridiculous for Rogue Squadron to even have "dress" uniforms. The Star Wars universe strikes me as the kind of place that really doesn't give a **** what a pilot wears when he's not protecting your ass.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: March 16, 2009, 09:13 AM »
We stopped by the "across town" Wal-Mart this weekend, and it was overflowing with the exclusive comic packs (while our closest store has none currently).  Anyways, I picked up the Ewok 3 pack and the Amanin pack, and hope to go back to get the pilots set eventually if possible.  They did seem to have plenty of all three, at $12.88 each.

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: March 21, 2009, 12:03 AM »
I finally found Obi-Wan and the Jawa at TRU today. Obi-Wan is easily within the best five figures ever made, and I always love the Jawas, even when its gun accessory thingy looks a little weird.
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!