Author Topic: Recent Legacy Purchases  (Read 191456 times)

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Recent Legacy Purchases
« Reply #465 on: June 22, 2009, 11:12 AM »
Not sure why most of you guys are having such a hard time with w6, but hopefully you'll find it before w7 shows up.  I think I finished off w6 like two months ago.

Been finding the new red/white Legends, but only at WM so far - and no I didn't buy any.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #466 on: June 22, 2009, 04:40 PM »
Probably because you live where Target is headquartered, and that's generally always a bonus to finding things since their distribution there is better overall it seems.

Branching out to the rest of the country, and it's nowhere near as good.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: June 22, 2009, 04:48 PM »
Probably because you live where Target is headquartered, and that's generally always a bonus to finding things since their distribution there is better overall it seems.

True, but w6 is also smattered at all of my local WMs as well, and they usually just plain suck.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: June 22, 2009, 05:37 PM »
Thankfully MN isn't anywhere near as bad as apparently Pitt is, but California gets stuff before we do 9 times out of 10 regarldless of the fact that Target HQ is here.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #469 on: June 22, 2009, 06:04 PM »
That's becaues of shipping though, generally...  Usually where a coroporation is headquartered though, there is some "bonus" to the distribution system.  If you look around it's not just Pittsburgh having trouble finding Wave 6 in any kind of quantity...  It's a lot of places.  The West Coast got them first, which is pretty routine...  They haven't hit every area in any abundance though since, but rather it's been spotty where some areas get a lot and others are getting little...  It seems like the places with the bigger distribution hubs seem to have gotten them in abundance (The midwest?).

The rest of the country where the hubs are more spread out seem to be shorted...  I have a couple friends in the Florida area that haven't gotten them in any quantity, friends in Ohio, etc.  It just happens like that sometimes.  Us on the East Coast tend to know that all too well.

However that's also why it's frustrating to hear someone in Phoenix or something telling you you're just not looking hard enough, when they can find it and you can't. ;)  That seems to be something people don't understand I've found over the years with the hobby.  Distribution can stagnate like it currently has.  I remember that happening with the original Target Y-Wing...  "You just aren't looking hard enough", when in reality our stores literally got one case per store, and sold out immediately. 

I figure Wave 6 will break through at some point, but I've found card transitions, which we're in the middle of, tend to be the back-up point for the line in the areas where distribution centers are maybe a bit more spread out to their limits.  So far though, only two WM's around Pittsburgh have gotten them in as near as anyone can tell.  No Target stores at all, and none at TRU.  That's why it's ironic that, at times, KM around here can surprise you.  Sometimes they're the only place to get a wave in...  Unfortunately they're also about $10 a figure.   :-\
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #470 on: June 22, 2009, 06:16 PM »
i I picked up more wave 7 AOTC (Minus Anakin/Obi) at Hasbro Toy Shop and used the SW2009 Promo that actually worked. They also have Wave 6 in Stock right now. The Only Figures they did not have was Concept Anakin & the Hoth trooper.

More custom fodder and more HK-47's! My third one!
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #471 on: June 25, 2009, 12:33 AM »
Picked up my first w6 figs, Luke and an Ugnaught. At this rate, it'll be August before w7 hits locally. Which is OK with me, since I have yet to finish this wave.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline EpicGon

• Jedi Padawan
  • The life so short, the craft so large to learn.
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: June 27, 2009, 04:43 PM »
Picked up the Legacy Millennium Falcon!! Ready to make the jump to lightspeed!

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #473 on: June 27, 2009, 09:27 PM »
I still have not found any of wave six except the Ugnaught, and I have been hitting 2 Targets, 3 TRUs and 1 Walmart on a very regular basis.  Nothing. Nada.

I have seen the neat little new cards, but seeing as I don't give a damn about repacks, I haven't bought anything in weeks.
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: June 30, 2009, 12:14 AM »
Got my two cases of the AOTC wave so I  *think* I'm done with the Legacy collection Blue/White figures.

I also picked up the first twelve Saga Legends figures in the 2009 packaging (smaller cards, white/orange design) at a local store.

Does anyone know if the Saga Legends Han Solo and Chewbacca figures were ever released on the Blue/White cardback or are they only coming out in the 2009 packaging?

Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #475 on: June 30, 2009, 10:11 AM »
Does anyone know if the Saga Legends Han Solo and Chewbacca figures were ever released on the Blue/White cardback or are they only coming out in the 2009 packaging?

They were/are only being released on the new card back. There is some speculation that there will be a running change on the Chewbacca as they used the "wrong" head. i would like to see this in person to see if they used the bandaged leg as well. i will be picking that one up just because he is technically a new figure.

Also to get back on topic I picked up some fodder for customs:
Wisolea
Braniac
Captain Needa

I am doing my part ot help the Legacy line by buying multiples ;)

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #476 on: June 30, 2009, 10:14 AM »

They were/are only being released on the new card back. There is some speculation that there will be a running change on the Chewbacca as they used the "wrong" head. i would like to see this in person to see if they used the bandaged leg as well. i will be picking that one up just because he is technically a new figure.

It's not just the wrong head, they used the whole TLC Sandstorm Chewbacca for the Legends figure.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2009, 10:14 AM by Jayson »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: June 30, 2009, 10:27 AM »

It's not just the wrong head, they used the whole TLC Sandstorm Chewbacca for the Legends figure.

That's really disappointing.  Hopefully they do make a "running change" and include the EB or VOTC Chewie at some point instead.  It isn't that the TLC Chewie is necessarily a bad figure, but just horribly inaccurate for the Mynock Hunt Chewie.  I'm sure if asked about it we'll get the "this was the tool available at the time", but I think we'd all rather see the EB or VOTC Chewie used instead.  Heck, that is one of the "big gun" figures that should be available every year in Legends or some sort of release.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: June 30, 2009, 11:17 AM »
I picked up the AOTC wave at Target yesterday.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #479 on: June 30, 2009, 05:47 PM »

Is the paint jobe the same too? Or is he painted in the regular non sandy colors?