Author Topic: Recent Legacy Purchases  (Read 193132 times)

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
Re: Recent Legacy Purchases
« Reply #480 on: June 30, 2009, 05:55 PM »
Is the paint job the same too? Or is he painted in the regular non sandy colors?

From what I've seen and read, it's virtually a straight repack with very minor detailing changes.  :-\
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #481 on: June 30, 2009, 06:01 PM »
Is the paint job the same too? Or is he painted in the regular non sandy colors?

From what I've seen and read, it's virtually a straight repack with very minor detailing changes.  :-\

Thanks, I will have to see this in person. If he is painted different I will gt him, otherwise it's a pass.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: July 1, 2009, 09:45 PM »
Found a Palpatine and Ugnaught at WM, finishing Wave 6 for me until the two variants hit.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: July 2, 2009, 03:02 AM »
And a late night trip to Wal-Mart results in me snagging a case of the AOTC wave. I've never been this caught up before... feels kinda weird.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline King_Maul

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: July 2, 2009, 08:10 PM »
I saw part of the AOTC wave at Target this afternoon.  I picked up Captain Typho, Clone Pilot, Owen Lars, and Beru Whitesun.

Offline Matt R.

• Jedi Padawan
  • I got nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: July 10, 2009, 03:41 AM »
Received sw double peg stands yesterday.  I prefer double pegs over single. I liked it when GI joes when to double pegs.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #486 on: July 10, 2009, 03:11 PM »
I've actually managed to get most of AOTC Wave completed plus an army builder with the last HK-47 BAD part I needed.

I've also seen the Republic Tank once...  It looked nice but at $24.50 or whatever it is at WM, I passed for now.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #487 on: July 10, 2009, 09:54 PM »
I got most of wave 7 today from HTS.  All I'm missing is the Anakin with the HK-47 right arm.

I made up for it with 5 Obi-Wans!
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #488 on: July 13, 2009, 12:15 PM »
Found some w7 at an out-of-town Target on Saturday. I picked up Obi-Wan, Concept Anakin, and the Hoth Soldier, who comes with the same HK-47 piece as Concept Anakin. I'll be happy to part with this extra piece for the droid piece that the Hoth Soldier came with in w6.  :)
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: July 17, 2009, 01:19 PM »
Got my Jedi Training Academy sets the other day. My wife's oldest son and his girlfriend were down in Orlando for the past week and he brought me back two of them, not overly thrilled with the set, but glad that I have it in the collection...
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: July 18, 2009, 06:46 PM »
Just found Han and Chewbacca at Target with all their mynock huntin' gear.

David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #491 on: July 18, 2009, 10:02 PM »
Wow.  That Han Solo is is on ebay for 2.99...
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: July 19, 2009, 11:01 AM »
But now he comes with a gas mask! 

::)
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: July 20, 2009, 02:37 PM »
Well I got plenty of stuff this weekend on a road trip to my mother-in-laws.

One each of the AOTC wave except Anakin (didn't find him), plus an extra Obi. Man, that fig is great and SO long overdue. Glad to finally have him in SA format.
X2 Stormtrooper/Rebel Fleet Trooper (Galactic Heroes)
X2 AT-TE (for the TRU sale of $50 each)
X2 TX 130 Saber Tank!!! This thing is sweet! I'm SO happy Hasbro made this. A smidge disappointed the outrigger wings don't pivot, but I'll deal with it.
Titanium Clone Wars Era Y-wing
Titanium Y-wing (Pops-can't recall his name though) This one looks just like a normal Y-wing except the color rings around the nacelles is brownish in color.
Cad Bane's modified P-38 (can't recall the name-very funky deco on this one. Very unique.)
Hyena Bomber - I didn't expect the wings to be that much different from a regular droid starfighter but they are. They are clipped in the upper rear, IIRC.

I did see two podracers but passed on them. Just don't like them in titanium format. I'm thinking I bought one other Titanium, but I can't recall. I'll check tonight and report back tomorrow if there are any additional purchases not listed in my post.

Saw most of the Hoth wave except the Hoth Rebel Trooper (rolls eyes). I passed on this wave as I already have it from HTS and just Friday received the Emperor from this wave from HTS. So I'm down to only needing the Hoth Rebel Trooper.

Saw but passed on Transformers Leader class Jetfire. I do want it, just short on funds after some of the other purchases this weekend.

It was a good weekend for toys. But then again, it was a 4 hour road trip to my mother in law's. So I took advantage of stopping at every Wal*Mart along the way and then a TRU on the way back. Otherwise, none of this stuff was local to me.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: July 21, 2009, 10:08 AM »
I finally picked up an RC Astromech droid, the R5 X2, on clearance. Great family toy as my kids love it.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."