Author Topic: Recent Legacy Purchases  (Read 192495 times)

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
Re: Recent Legacy Purchases
« Reply #540 on: August 10, 2009, 10:24 AM »
Bought ... a couple more bearded Hoth Rebels (one with skirt, one without).

I found the exact same thing Saturday morning, wave 6 is still coming in pretty regularly.  Mine came from Walmart.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #541 on: August 10, 2009, 11:00 AM »
Picked up the Snail Tank at Target, store are restocking but no sign of the Beardless HRT.
I just missed the new comic packs as I found the remnants of the case.

I went to the worst ever Chicago Wizard World/Comic Con and the show did not even have anything brand spanking new or beardless Rebel which was not a good sign.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: August 10, 2009, 11:08 AM »
Found some clearanced figures at WM. Picked up a few Imperial types, $3 each.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Greedo The Green Menace

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: August 10, 2009, 05:49 PM »
I finally got sick of waiting for Wave 6 to show up so I ordered a set. Very cool figures, way better than I was expecting, since I was kind of ho-hum about this wave when I saw it. The Hoth Rebel is excellent, as is the Ugnaught and Needa. The emporer turned out a lot better thn I was expecting as well, I currently have him standing in as my definitive ROTJ Emperor. The Luke and Leia are well made if not a little boring. And U-3PO is fantastic. I sooooo want this guy re-released as C-3PO, he's just perfect, the poses you can put him in have a ton of personality.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: August 10, 2009, 08:08 PM »
I found at least one case of the TLC BLUE wave 7 revision case today.  The Hoth Rebel Trooper was in there with HK-47 parts, but it was still the bearded version.  This and other recent sightings give me more confidence that just MAYBE the beardless HRT is going to show up at some point.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: August 10, 2009, 08:31 PM »
This and other recent sightings give me more confidence that just MAYBE the beardless HRT is going to show up at some point.

Are there any reports of this figure actually being found at retail - or anywhere?  I know Hasbro said it's a limited release, but so far? 
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: August 10, 2009, 08:55 PM »
Haven't seen a sighting yet.  But the fact that waves 6 & 7 are still shipping leaves some hope that there are still some cases with the second HRT out there.  I'm sure that when they surface some will pop up online and there will be a feeding frenzy.

Feedback

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: August 11, 2009, 10:58 AM »
I don't think the clean shaven Trooper is coming out on the blue card at all. I could be another Black pauldron Sandtrooper situation where Hasbro is giving the factory a specific instruction that isn't being carried out.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: August 12, 2009, 01:30 PM »
Bought ... a couple more bearded Hoth Rebels (one with skirt, one without).

I found the exact same thing Saturday morning, wave 6 is still coming in pretty regularly.  Mine came from Walmart.

So far I have found it impossibel to find a skirtless Hoth Rebel trooper!  ??? Where have you found these. All aside, Target is doing pretty well with the Legacy Collection, and there has been no short supply of the AOTC wave. Even now they're still re-stocking that wave, even when the new red/white packaging is about to hit. I already got Obi-Wan and Tarados Gon. There's no need for the Greatest Hits wave for me, as I already have the AOTC Anakin from the Evolution set, and Jango Fett is still going to come a few times more.
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: August 15, 2009, 11:02 AM »
Found the remnants of a Red/White Comic 2-packs case. Only new set left was Lumiya vs. Luke Skywalker which I gladly picked up.

As a kid when I first read the Shia Brie/Lumiya stories, I have long hoped for figures of this character.

While I would have loved for them to put ankle articulation in with the figure, I think Lumiya turned out great. I'm tempted to get a second set just so I can display the figure with both head sculpts.

The Luke is "meh", but a nice effort. I wish they wouldn't put those clear rubber bands on the hands so tightly - they distort the hands and now my Luke won't hold either lightsaber.  ::)

Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #550 on: August 21, 2009, 07:08 PM »
I picked up:

x2 Braniacs (Need the table to finish my 1:1 scale cantina dio)
Jedi vs. Sidious BP (for custom fodder)
and the best find was the three new comic packs. I have to say I like every figure. Home run for all of these sets! My only complaint is the rubber bands on Luke and the Imperial Knight's hands were too tight thus warping them.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline I Just Sithed My Pants

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: August 21, 2009, 07:49 PM »
picked up the new saga legends han solo and chewie. really liking them considering they're based on ESB versions.  Also picked up the new waves of clone wars, including the TRU exclusive Commander Ponds

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: August 22, 2009, 12:30 AM »
EE is having a sale this weekend, so I finally decided to buy the Ecliptic Evader TIE Fighter and the Joker Squad multipack.  Not bad for $67 shipped.

Feedback

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: August 22, 2009, 09:41 PM »
Scored the Droid Factory 2-packs this morning.  And it looks like Corran Horn might be the pick of the set.  Because I only found one Corran Horn set, but multiples of every other set.

Feedback

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: August 23, 2009, 01:52 AM »
Picked up the following recently:

Ashoka Tano's Jedi Starfighter
Alliance Tank Droid
Ambush on the Vulture's Claw BP (to open)
Gunship Gunpod BP (to open)
Kyle Katarn vs. Vong Comic 2pack

Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!