Author Topic: Recent Legacy Purchases  (Read 190789 times)

Offline Keonobi

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Recent Legacy Purchases
« Reply #780 on: December 8, 2009, 09:31 AM »
Another frustrating WM note. One of my Locals hasn't put out any Basic Legacy figures period in the new packaging. I asked a new toy manager who looks and acts like he gives a crap about that fact. He scanned the right peg and said that they have 586 pieces in the stock room and offered to get get me a couple of cases. Even asked if I knew the wave numbers and said it could take a while. 20 minutes later, he came back, couldn't find a single SW figure case.

586 pieces * $6 per figure (at the current price) = $3,516 worth of inventory that they can't find. :o  ($4,382 @ normal prices...)
I am not the Stig

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #781 on: December 8, 2009, 09:38 AM »
That's either a lot of theft or a lot of incompetence.  Either way, that's the type of mistake that could/should cost someone a job.

At the beginning of the year my local Walmart was doing inventory.  They hadn't had any 25th GI Joe figures since before Christmas.  Right before the RGIS tags showed up the local employees were doing counts and a tag appeared on the empty pegs saying they had 16 pieces in inventory, 2 cases.  Never had them or they went out the back because our store never had another 25th figure, or any Joe figure, till the movie line hit.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #782 on: December 8, 2009, 01:38 PM »
It could be like the Walmart in my area.  they have containers outside in the back filled with Toys for the holiday season.  Perhaps all the SW figs are back there and the employee doesn't know about it.  I know for a fact that at the WM I am talking about in particular has all of the AT exclusives and Dewbacks out there because they don't have room on the sales floor.

but you would think the "toy manager" would know about that...

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #783 on: December 8, 2009, 02:15 PM »
Supposedly tomorrow according to the tracking info from UPS I will bet getting my toyrocket.com order - though I am still speculative over the whol deal.  According to the UPS tracking info my package weighs 8.6 lbs - here is what I ordered in abbreviated form:

Mon Calamari Warrior, Padme in Ilum Gear, Darth Vader & Grand Moff Trachta, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Darth Vader, Rebel Honor Guard, Death Star Trooper, Han Solo (Bespin Torture Rack), R2-D2 With Cargo Net, R2-B1, Rebel Vanguard Trooper, McQuarrie Concept R2-D2 and C-3PO, Clone Trooper 7th Legion, Pit Droids, 30th Anniversary Collection Droid Factory Complete Action Figure Set, Lt. Jundland (Luke Skywalker) and Deena Shan Action, Borsk Fey'lya and Wedge Antilles, Polis Massan, Ask Aak, Wookiee Heavy Gunner (#68 Corrected Card), Lobot Action Figure, Djas Puhr, Orn Free Taa, Teemto Pagilies, Ellorrs Madak (Duros), Ketwol, Sabe, Queen Amidala Royal Decoy, Zutton, Senator Palpatine, ASP-7 Droid, Snake-Eyes, G.I. Joe Resolute Action Figure Set

I was doubtful at first before typing this list that my entire order only weighed 8.6 lbs, now, after typing this list and remembering all I ordered, there is no way in hell all that only weighs 8.6 lbs.

I guess I will find out tomorrow...

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #784 on: December 8, 2009, 03:00 PM »
Another frustrating WM note. One of my Locals hasn't put out any Basic Legacy figures period in the new packaging. I asked a new toy manager who looks and acts like he gives a crap about that fact. He scanned the right peg and said that they have 586 pieces in the stock room and offered to get get me a couple of cases. Even asked if I knew the wave numbers and said it could take a while. 20 minutes later, he came back, couldn't find a single SW figure case.

586 pieces * $6 per figure (at the current price) = $3,516 worth of inventory that they can't find. :o  ($4,382 @ normal prices...)

You know what, those pallet displays have 3 sides of figures and if my math is right, each holds about 288 figures.  Two pallet displays would be 576 figures.  Is the WM store you stopped at a Supercenter or one of those new impact stores?  Maybe they're sitting on a couple pallet displays somewhere.

Edit ->  Actually, I just read a report on RS that the pallet display comes with TLC figures only 3 deep in each section, unlike CW which were 6.  And the photos of a newly opened pallet display confirm that...I just thought the TLC section had already sold some pieces.  So, I don't know.  Maybe this particular store had 2 full pallet displays somewhere or, maybe someone is just ******* with us. 

E...

« Last Edit: December 8, 2009, 03:09 PM by efranks »
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #785 on: December 8, 2009, 09:20 PM »
Armed with some of the $5 off $20 or more coupons, I went to one of my local WMs and I picked up the following:

BD20 Major Panno
BD21 Giran
BD22 Malakili
BD23 Nikto (Sail Barge Gunner)

BD29 R2-D2
BD30 Han Solo (Death Star Escape)
BD31 Chewbacca (Falcon Co-Pilot)
BD35 Padme Amidala

I mostly did it so I could get second R5-C7 and R3-A2 B-A-Ds. I also wanted some of them for displays or to put into various vehicles, etc...

Eight figures for $40 is hard to pass up....

Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #786 on: December 9, 2009, 09:17 AM »
I finally pulled the trigger on the slug BP.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #787 on: December 9, 2009, 09:37 AM »
Aw heck, I went ahead and bought Willrow and Zuckuss from the new ESB Wave. I sort of hate spending $$ on TLC stuff that I really don't need, but there's nothing else new out right now and I miss buying new toys. $12 was hard to pass up too.

I love the insider geek appeal of Willrow, I brought him to the office today to set up next to my computer.

Zuckuss is just one of my all time favorite characters. I am actually thinking about starting a Zuckuss focus, since I already have the vintage fig and 12" version.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #788 on: December 10, 2009, 08:48 AM »
Just got my order from Toyrocket.com yesterday - and I am gonna go ahead and not recommend them to people.  Along with my laundy list of lies on their part about when they shipped my order they also shipped it incomplete.  You can see the complete list of what I ordered a few posts above.  What they didn't ship:  

30th Anniversary Collection Droid Factory Complete Action Figure Set  ($40)
Sabe  ($2.50)
Snake-Eyes ($2.50)
G.I. Joe Resolute Action Figure Set  ($15)

So $60 of product I paid for a month ago.  Their reason?  It was all "back ordered" even though it was listed as instock on their site from the time I bought and "in stock/processing" throughout the month I waited.  And "back ordered", according to the toyrocket.com employee, means they won't be getting it back in stock...

Want to hear the real kick in the in nuts?  Even though they sent me this package, and knew that they would not be sending me the above items, it wasn't until I called last night to say something to them about not getting the above items that they said "Ok, we are going to go ahead and refund your credit card".  Why the hell did I have to make the phone call to get that initiated?  This should have been automatic on their part when they realized these items were "back ordered" and they would not be getting them.  

Bottom line - not happy with their overall service.  Extremely happy with the items that I did receive.  I probably wouldn't do business with them again - the only instance I might chance it would be if they would have another "oh no we are going under" sale again because the deals were insane.  Otherwise with toyrocket.com you get lightning deals like Ak-Rev for $15, but we all already knew that their regular prices suck...  Would I recommend them to a friend - No.  

this should be my last post about toyrocket.com   ;) - unless they don'y got ahead and refund my $60   >:(

edit:  my $60 was refunded   :)

« Last Edit: December 11, 2009, 08:20 AM by shmashwitdaclub »

Offline King_Maul

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #789 on: December 10, 2009, 10:47 AM »
Picked up a Concept IG-88 and Commander Cody at WM.

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #790 on: December 10, 2009, 04:58 PM »
Picked up a Bespin guard at WM, opened him, low and behold he has two right shin/feet. >:(
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #791 on: December 10, 2009, 08:52 PM »
I got Willrow Hood, Bespin Guard, and AT-AT Driver tonight.

No Snowtrooper, no R2-X2, no SS Luke...  Would've been nice to get the full wave, but it's not likely these days, haha.  Not at one time anyway for me since it seems stores are getting one or two cases tops right now.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #792 on: December 11, 2009, 08:26 AM »
Went to Target last night to see what they had for Legacy - 1 Malakili, and 1 Nien Nunb.  I asked a worker if she could check to see if they had more "Star Wars toys" in stock and thankfully she said yes - without even a whince!

She called to back and they said they had 1 case - she came back with 2 cases of the ROTJ.  I already had this wave but I decided to pick up a bike trooper anyway.

It will interesting to see how long they last especially since ROTJ has been hitting Target hard.  One thing is for certain CW and SL figs are not moving at that store - it seems like the same ones have been there forever.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #793 on: December 11, 2009, 10:11 AM »
It will interesting to see how long they last especially since ROTJ has been hitting Target hard.  One thing is for certain CW and SL figs are not moving at that store - it seems like the same ones have been there forever.

A lot of people have had all those TCW figures since October...maybe Hasbro could think about squeezing in a new wave sometime before 2010.  ::)

I don't know what up with the Legends stuff...I never see anyone buying that line; there are TONS of them at our local TRU's and they have literally never gotten in any of the black card TLC line yet. Crazy...
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline manglord

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #794 on: December 11, 2009, 10:03 PM »
I noticed Albertsons put out some new stuff today, Someone hid two scanning crew dudes in behind the Ben 10 figures. I left them behind though.You can save a buck if you've got a albertsons preferred card also.
I found out that i may be opening a Legacy Dewback, i just have to wait for christmas..I can't wait, I've been waiting for that Rifle forever.