Author Topic: Recent Legacy Purchases  (Read 190755 times)

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Recent Legacy Purchases
« Reply #840 on: January 8, 2010, 08:34 AM »
Over the course of the past week I have picked up complete waves from the BOGO at Target for ANH, ROTJ, and TPM except for the Gungan and whoever he comes with, which I woulda loved to have - that Gungan rocks!

All of these BOGO sets were purchased at the same Target store.  I feel lucky!

;D

Offline King_Maul

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #841 on: January 8, 2010, 05:39 PM »
Acquired Jabba's Rancor and Luke for $12.48 plus tax at a local Target last night.  It was marked with a $24.98 price tag but scanned at $12.48.

Offline JDH1173

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm not just a member, I'm also the owner!
    • View Profile
« Reply #842 on: January 8, 2010, 06:38 PM »
The WM's around here never have Star Wars go to clearance.  I found an A-Wing at one today and it was still $29.95.  The AT-ST's are still $40+.  The Turbo Tanks are gone, but that is about it.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #843 on: January 8, 2010, 07:34 PM »
Walmart is a pain in the ass.  They had 2005 Titanium vehicles, that originally cost $4.88, still on the pegs as of late 2008, early 2009.  They were on "clearance" for $5.99 because they'd been in the store long enough to go through two price increases on the line. 

I stopped at TJ Maxx tonight and found some comic packs for $6.99.  I picked up the Luke and Emperor set.  If I'd had the money I would have also gotten the Faie/Voss pack.  There was one Anakin/Durge set as well.  Four total as they had 2 Luke/Emperor sets before I bought mine.  If the Voss set is still there Friday I'll pick it up.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #844 on: January 8, 2010, 08:49 PM »
I found an A-Wing at one today and it was still $29.95.

That's funny.  I had a WM last year that had one A-Wing kicking around the clearance aisles for 4-5 months at full price, but one day it magically disappeared.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #845 on: January 11, 2010, 06:05 PM »
scored Evo's @ TJ MAXX tday @ lunch $12.99
red bwinger set & Biggs Imp pilots was my score but they had lots of Padme sets, and couple of the white suited Sullust Bwinger sets.  No Sith, Fetts, or TFU's to be seen.

TJ MAXX in LB in south CA, closer to Cypress.
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #846 on: January 11, 2010, 07:10 PM »
I nabbed a couple more scanner techs this weekend hidden on a back wall display.  Yay me.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline tmanthegreat

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #847 on: January 12, 2010, 03:10 PM »
Funny note about some of the recent Wal Mart discounts in my area:  In at least two stores, I've seen the new evolution packs discounted to the $12 mark while the ones from last year are still at the $22 mark ::)

It doesn't matter to me either way as I have my fill from both series, but its still odd nonetheless ;)
Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it binds the galaxy together ;D

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #848 on: January 12, 2010, 08:44 PM »
I've tried looking for a few Evolutions sets to see if I could hit a discount ... but either my stores aren't selling or won't discount them.  :(

And I went to Target and there was nothing but a glutton of Major Panno, Giran, and Skiff Guards (w/ a few Saessee Tiins, Plo Koons, and TCW IG-86s). I was mildy surprised that someone had hacked into a Skiff Guard w/ cannon. When I inspected the product, everything was still in place - nothing missing. Either the package was horribly (and I mean HORRIBLY) damaged in the case box, or someone deliberately tried to steal it.

"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #849 on: January 12, 2010, 11:58 PM »
I nabbed another Octuparra Droid for half off tonight...  That's it.

WM's here are seriously doubled up on figures, mostly Legends.  I should snap photos to show people the cluster**** here.  I think it may surpass even what you guys have griped about earlier. :)

Seriously there's endcaps of figures just sitting up on their own, no pegs, and this is in addition to the regular dozen or so pegs alotted to Star Wars figures.  There will seriously be a whole endcap of Legends stuff though, and no hooks to even hang them on, just set on shelves.  It's crazy, and it pretty much is assuring I will not see new figures anytime soon.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #850 on: January 13, 2010, 09:45 AM »
Funny, my local Walmart is just the opposite - most of their figs seem to have vanished with the most recent planagram reset, or whatever you call it. They had NO vehicles, BP's etc so I am hoping this is a good sign that they have space for new product.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #851 on: January 14, 2010, 10:58 AM »
I nabbed another Octuparra Droid for half off tonight...  That's it.

WM's here are seriously doubled up on figures, mostly Legends.  I should snap photos to show people the cluster**** here.  I think it may surpass even what you guys have griped about earlier. :)

Seriously there's endcaps of figures just sitting up on their own, no pegs, and this is in addition to the regular dozen or so pegs alotted to Star Wars figures.  There will seriously be a whole endcap of Legends stuff though, and no hooks to even hang them on, just set on shelves.  It's crazy, and it pretty much is assuring I will not see new figures anytime soon.

Sounds exactly like the Vestal, NY Walmart store.  They had hundreds of Legends figures as of the Sunday after Christmas.  Probably a dozen pegs full in the main aisle, standing up on a shelf on an end cap and another 15 or so pegs on one side of a 4-way aisle display. 

A guy I shoot pm's back and forth with on RS, who lives in the Vestal area, said that they finally got some TLC figs in the store this week.  But he's been talking to the workers and they scanned for the TLC for him and said they had over 700 at one point.  I think they have the Legends and TLC confused in the computer.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #852 on: January 14, 2010, 11:56 AM »
went to WM on lunch.  They had the entire ESB wave on the pegs, I let them hang since I have them already.

They also did their toy dept reset, here is what I saw:
comic packs up to $15 - they had 3 leia xizor packs...
Clearance:  AT-TE $50, Evo packs for $12.50, GI Joe Pit $65, and to my surpise all Marvel Universe figs clearanced to $5 in the clearance area - no home for them in the main toy dept... 

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #853 on: January 14, 2010, 01:32 PM »
Since Christmas I've completed the ESB wave and found the Resurgence BP. If I can find 3 more At-At drivers, I'm pretty much caught up with the exception of picking up some more Scanning troopers.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #854 on: January 14, 2010, 08:06 PM »
Picked up a lone Willrow Hood at a WM that OCB used to shop at.   8)  Now I just hope I can find the rest of that wave before the EU wave hits.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN