Author Topic: Previews Exclusive Pirate TIE Fighter  (Read 23350 times)

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Previews Exclusive Pirate TIE Fighter
« Reply #60 on: August 5, 2009, 11:04 AM »
Thanks for the heads up Diddly.  I might finally pull the trigger on this and the Joker Squad.   The power rangers can still suck it.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Adam_Pawlus

• Jedi Initiate
  • I hate baseball
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 5, 2009, 04:53 PM »
did anyone else notice that they have no exclusive this year.

THE HELL YOU SAY!
--AP
16bit.com - Webmaster, Editor, Contributor
Entertaiment Earth - Marketing, Merchandising, Podcast
Galactichunter.com - Q&A, Figure of the Day, News

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #62 on: August 5, 2009, 05:01 PM »
did anyone else notice that they have no exclusive this year.

THE HELL YOU SAY!

Are you guys getting the Pyre?
I hope you have a EE exclusive this year, I supported your exclusives every year and always looked forward to them. In fact, outside of the Astromechs I bought several duplicates of all of them. Bring it on or give us a hint man! I am paying attention, no one else brought it up to my knowledge.

On a side commentary note: While I did like the Joker squad I will have to say it was the weakest of all the EE exclusives offered in my opinion thus far. Do not get me wrong, I liked it but not as much as the mandos & astros. (The Clones ruled but they are so 2005 & reissued to appreciate them like before). Outside of the clean cut backstreet boy heads those sets were near perfect! The Female Stormie & Maleval were sweet, the others became redundant. Accurate to the book but redundant.

Cannot wait to see what's on tap, maybe there are a few surprises left.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Adam_Pawlus

• Jedi Initiate
  • I hate baseball
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 6, 2009, 04:35 PM »
Are you guys getting the Pyre?

You've seen my opinions in that thread, right?

I do not know the status of this piece.  At Comic-Con, most of the people I spoke to said they hated it (before I said anything one way or the other).  Online after the fact, I see people on these boards seeing they like it.  I'm not sure what Hasbro, being at their booth the whole time, got from their request for comments but I hope it was enough to help them make a decision which will benefit them and whatever partner(s) involved in a hypothetical release.

I hope you have a EE exclusive this year, I supported your exclusives every year and always looked forward to them. In fact, outside of the Astromechs I bought several duplicates of all of them. Bring it on or give us a hint man! I am paying attention, no one else brought it up to my knowledge.

When we have something new to announce, I tend to go around and make sure people know.  Don't worry, you didn't miss anything, nothing was announced.

On a side commentary note: While I did like the Joker squad I will have to say it was the weakest of all the EE exclusives offered in my opinion thus far. Do not get me wrong, I liked it but not as much as the mandos & astros. (The Clones ruled but they are so 2005 & reissued to appreciate them like before). Outside of the clean cut backstreet boy heads those sets were near perfect! The Female Stormie & Maleval were sweet, the others became redundant. Accurate to the book but redundant.

Well, I don't know what to tell you.  Can't win over all of the people all of the time, I suppose.  Glad you dug most of them!

But back on topic, hey, cheapo TIE Fighter.   I like the idea of a hijacked fighter but would've gone bonkers if it had the Wampa skull thing from the Pirates of Tarnoonga.   The idea of "team A steals team B's vehicle, defaces it" is a clever idea for a repaint, as long as it doesn't get out of hand, plus it came from a comic some people liked.   And if you're going to have like 5 big-wing TIEs, and they can't get the middle laser thing right on most of them, at least one has some nifty distinctive markings on it.   It's a nice piece, particularly for $31.50.
--AP
16bit.com - Webmaster, Editor, Contributor
Entertaiment Earth - Marketing, Merchandising, Podcast
Galactichunter.com - Q&A, Figure of the Day, News

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 6, 2009, 04:51 PM »
It's a nice piece, particularly for $31.50.

Definitely.  Me and a buddy went on on two and it came out to $72.45.  Not too shabby considering it was an over-priced exclusive to begin with.   Just a hair above $36 a piece after shipping.  
« Last Edit: August 6, 2009, 05:04 PM by iFett »
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #65 on: August 6, 2009, 06:24 PM »
Adam I saw your previous post but got excited for a second hoping you guys had a SW exclusive for this year. As I said I supported them and actually will miss it for this year. With the way things are going I cannot blame not taking the risk right now.

I am actually surprised fans did not dig the Pyre, that's the first I heard of that. Maybe we are a secluded bunch but fansite reaction seemed pretty positive. I hope it sees the light of day (while lighting up roaster the Sith)

If that pirate tie cam with Jan Tosh and the Droids I would buy it solely for them.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/