Author Topic: Medicom Parco '08 Carded Series 2 6-Pack  (Read 13115 times)

Offline SaaiBork

• Youngling
    • View Profile
Medicom Parco '08 Carded Series 2 6-Pack
« on: June 13, 2008, 09:33 PM »
Hold on to your hats...

Series 2 - 6 piece ¥9450

Source hypebeast.com and openers.jp
« Last Edit: June 20, 2008, 09:50 AM by Jeff »

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
Medicom Parco '08 Carded Seris 2 6-Pack
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2008, 09:44 PM »
Sweet! I like the Cantina Band Member with all the accessories.  8)

So is this the way it's going to be now, re-releasing the series one by one carded?
« Last Edit: June 20, 2008, 09:50 AM by Jeff »

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2008, 10:20 PM »
Hmmm... I like them, but I hate the idea of re-buying Kubricks I already have in carded form.   :-\

Last year I caved because I've always liked the Bounty Hunters, but I don't know if I'm that jazzed for carded Greedo and friends.   :P
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Outkast34

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2008, 11:23 PM »
I think this is one I will be passing on for now. But who knows maybe during a dry Kubrick spell I might just end up buying it.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2008, 11:32 PM »
Are these exclusives to the show or just announced at the show and available through the collector's club?  If it's the latter, I might bite, especially if they come in a sleeve like the bounty hunters did and only because I have a better than average shot at getting them for cost+shipping. 

Hmmm... I like them, but I hate the idea of re-buying Kubricks I already have in carded form.   :-\

That's exactly how I feel for the most part. 

I'll pass on the bears.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Symposium

• Jedi Initiate
  • I have Kubrickulosis™
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2008, 01:46 AM »
It's a bit boring just carding and re-releasing each series but it looks like this is what's going to happen.
"Pixelated beings are we, not this crude matter!"

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2008, 09:06 AM »
The cantina band member does look excellent, and if that was the only one I would be much happier.

Rereleasing these sets is just anticlimactic. I love series 2, but I don't need to spend $100 plus on these, $80 on cases, and then try to make myself justify it all by finding a place to display carded versions of everything, knowing more are probably on the way.

A snowtrooper with cannon, antilles from the tantive (repaint rebel fleet trooper), C-3PO in parts, any of these would have re-used parts, but made a much more exciting release (IMO)

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2008, 10:05 AM »
I think these might be a pass for me.  I've never gotten into Carded Kubricks and I'm not a Bearbrick guy. 

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2008, 10:52 AM »
I still have not bought the carded bounty hunters and this doesnt excite me at all. I dont think i will rebuying all the carded figures.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline karamazov80

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2008, 05:34 PM »
I've got a quick "newbie" question: does anyone know of any reputable sites where these could either be pre-ordered or ordered once they come in?  For exclusives like these, is it best to just wait until they pop up on eBay?
Back off man, I'm a scientist.

Offline Outkast34

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2008, 07:54 PM »
I've got a quick "newbie" question: does anyone know of any reputable sites where these could either be pre-ordered or ordered once they come in?  For exclusives like these, is it best to just wait until they pop up on eBay?

Some sites have exlusives up for sale but rarely do they end up delivering. A lot of us are waiting to see if Action-HQ delivers on the Blue Stars Snowtrooper and the Darth Maul speeder set but no luck so far. What usually ends up happening is they keep pushing the date they are supposed to get the items back and back. Toywiz.com did the same thing to me with the Medicom Box set 07.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2008, 07:55 PM by Outkast34 »

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2008, 09:26 AM »
Are these exclusives to the show or just announced at the show and available through the collector's club?  If it's the latter, I might bite, especially if they come in a sleeve like the bounty hunters did and only because I have a better than average shot at getting them for cost+shipping. 

Did this question get answered?

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2008, 09:43 AM »
Are these exclusives to the show or just announced at the show and available through the collector's club?

Did this question get answered?

The question did not get answered because I don't think anyone knows the answer yet.  It is unknown (as far as I know) whether they will be sold only at the show or done similar to last year (where you could order at the show and/or eventually order them through the Medicom website).

The Openers info was the "sneak preview", I'm sure Medicom will formally announce the full details soon and then you should have an answer (though I'm hesitent to share with you two if you're just going to brag about having Japanese pals who get you stuff for cost  >:().
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2008, 10:49 AM »
I really thought that the Bounty Hunters set was a cool set, especially since they included the ROTJ chase Fett in the series.  Since all they are doing with Series 2 is including all the instruments with the Cantina Band Member, there's really no impetus for me to get this set.  The least they could have done was include the white pauldron Sandtrooper instead of the basic orange version...
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2008, 10:51 AM »
Thanks Jeff for the clarification - I hope my question didn't come off ruder than it was intended.  I was just trying to figure out if we knew if this was the big 2009 exclusive through the club or some other offering.  I can't believe I'm saying this, but I hope there's another exclusive coming.