Author Topic: CW V-19 Torrent Starfighter  (Read 22290 times)

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
Re: V-19 Fighter
« Reply #60 on: July 24, 2008, 09:49 AM »
I bought it last weak along with the homing spider for $20 at Target. I have yet to open it.....
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #61 on: July 28, 2008, 03:32 AM »
I'll make this short, but basically the V-19 is amazing...

It's simple in design ultimately, a pretty simple toy overall with not a ton of parts to it, but it assembles and makes a pretty hefty looking toy.  It's not at all and I'm gonna put a Clone pilot in it when I get a chance here, but basically I love it and look forward to some more of it.  I'd love battle damaged actually, maybe a different squad color, and I'd actually dig seeing a modified Rebel Alliance version...  Yeah, I'd buy it.  ::)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 28, 2008, 03:45 PM »
I actually wasn't impressed with this. Not because of the toy itself, but the design. I bought it to have one, but thought it would look better in person. After opening it up and assembling it, I took it apart and put it right back in the box. Eventually I'll display it, but it's not one of my priority ships to display.  I seem to like it better displayed as tail up wings down, something my fiancee commented on as well.

I think the thing that I don't like is the cockpit. Here's why-
I rather liked the CW cartoon design of it. (The original cartoon, not the new one) On that one (seen here: http://images.wikia.com/starwars/images/7/72/V-19.JPG ) the cockpit is forward of the ship and runs the length of it. more bulk to it. Also, I much prefer the block look of the cockpit/fuselage than the streamlined, smaller, set further back one we got.

And it really was TOO clean.

I originally had planned to buy two of these, I think I can easily stop at one. Again, this isn't a fault of Hasbro's as they are just following the new cartoon's design. I'd have just rather had the original design.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline smartsoccerbb

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 31, 2008, 12:56 AM »
It looks too clean.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 3, 2008, 01:15 PM »
Picked up my opener of this vehicle on Friday morning.

All-in-all I'm pretty impressed with it. Nice design, mimics the comic book (and new Animated Clone Wars) design of the ship. The mechanics all work really well too.

I am disappointed with the paint-op on the vehicle. I suppose we had to start SOMEWHERE, but this ship looks like it just rolled off the factory floor. I guess that's how they wanted it. I'm sure we're going to get endless repaints of this vehicle. We've gotten repainted Gunships and repainted ARC-170s and a repainted V-Wing to match the Imperial Gray version from the end of the movie is rumored - so why not a battle-damaged version or a version with different squadron colors and battle-worn markings?

I was going to pick up two to open, but since I know I'll be buying this vehicle many times over, I think I'll stop at just one for now.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 4, 2008, 09:39 AM »
This is one of the new items that has been sold out around here since 7/26.  I saw some that night, but passed since I was spending enough already, and now I haven't seen them again.  I had one on order at TRU.com (with another couple figures to get the free holo Grievous, since our store didn't have those), but I got an e-mail today that they were cancelling that part of the order.  HTS is sold out right now too, so this must be a pretty popular ship.  I look forward to picking it up eventually.

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #66 on: August 4, 2008, 03:21 PM »
I am disappointed with the paint-op on the vehicle. I suppose we had to start SOMEWHERE, but this ship looks like it just rolled off the factory floor.

I agree, if it had V-Wing type deco this would have looked killer. For some reason it reminds me too much of a Thundercat vessel from LJN. I do not think I will be buying another of these, not a terrible ship, I am just not that into it.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 6, 2008, 09:34 AM »
I do not think I will be buying another of these, not a terrible ship, I am just not that into it.

Agreed. It's not Hasbro's fault (well except maybe they could have put some wear on the deco). The design of the ship just isn't thrilling to me to want to own another one of it.

Honestly, I'd rather have had the more blocky, forward cockpit, than the sleek further aft cockpit version. The former was the original cartoon's version. But I guess to keep it the same as the movie, Hasbro had to go the route it did. Again not their fault.

Now if there's a SHADOW V-19...j/k
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #68 on: August 6, 2008, 05:38 PM »
I got this ship the other day off the Target 10% off sale and I must say I am digging it. It's a fun toy to play with, the wings move in a variety of directions to give the ship a unique look. The deco is a bit bland and disappointing, but overall it hasn't effected my appreciation for the ship. I'd go so far to say it's Hasbro's best $20 price-point vehicle since the Hailfire Droid of 2003.
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 12, 2008, 04:20 PM »
I picked one of these up at WM last weekend, and I'm just as happy with it as everyone else.  It really is a nice ship, especially at the $20 pricepoint.  As a side note (and I guess it doesn't really belong in this forum), but looking at what they can seperate into the "starfighter" sized box (like the V-Wing, V-19, etc.), I really don't see why they couldn't put a few more OT ships into that $20 line.  Sure, things like the X-Wing don't fit (at least not the FX mold), but I think things like the A-Wing, Y-Wing, and new scaled Snowspeeder would fit just right.  Anyways, off topic...the V-19 is nice.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 12, 2008, 06:46 PM »
I'd go so far to say it's Hasbro's best $20 price-point vehicle since the Hailfire Droid of 2003.

I'm on board, and have to include the Homing Spider Droid as well.  So bad ass.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda