Author Topic: JediTray update  (Read 3485 times)

Offline JediTray

• Banned
  • Youngling
    • View Profile
    • JediTray's Website
JediTray update
« on: June 23, 2008, 09:57 PM »
Hello everyone,

I am trying to update all of my online families as to what is going on with me.  Thursday, I moved in with my Dad and Stepmom to be available 24 hours for Dad's care.  He is succumbing to cancer after an over 2 year battle.  Hospice staff are coming to the house so that he can pass away at home as he wanted.  Being a decorated WWII Purple Heart veteran, it is understandable why he hates hospitals.  He is now no longer talking or interacting, and all we can do is tend to him and try our best to relieve the pain.  They said he probably won't make it another 48 hours, but he has proved them wrong before.  He is a fighter, and although his deterioration has been very accelerated, part of him keeps hanging on.  The rapid decline did not start until after he got news from my sister that her husband is a match for donating a kidney.  This will be her third transplant, and hopefully the last.

Anyway, I just wanted to fill you in.  Take care and see you around the 'Net.

-JediTray
"You're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view." - Obi-Wan Kenobi

My Website

Offline stormie

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Re: JediTray update
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2008, 12:04 PM »
My thoughts are with you, JediTray. I've just gone through something similar with my own family, and it's heartwrenching, emotionally and physically draining, and all-encompassing. Going through it, though, just reaffirms my thankfulness for the people that work for hospice organizations. Best wishes to you and your family during this extremely difficult time.

Offline JediTray

• Banned
  • Youngling
    • View Profile
    • JediTray's Website
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2008, 10:58 PM »
Thank you.  It really means a lot to see replies on this and the many other forums.  It really does.
"You're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view." - Obi-Wan Kenobi

My Website

Offline JediTray

• Banned
  • Youngling
    • View Profile
    • JediTray's Website
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2008, 02:43 PM »
Dad passed away this morning at 10:25, and was pronounced at 11:40.  He literally died in my hands while I was turning him in his bed.  He just peacefully slipped away and stopped breathing.

My Website

Offline stormie

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2008, 03:01 PM »
I'm deeply sorry to hear of your dad's passing. Take solace that your were with him at the end. You are a great son and be proud of all that you did for your dad.

Don't hold in the tears; let 'em flow. It does get better.

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2008, 03:01 PM »
I'm very sorry for your loss.  Thankfully he seemed to pass without any pain.  

Offline Keonobi

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2008, 04:26 PM »
I'm sorry to hear about your loss JediTray.
I am not the Stig

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2008, 04:30 PM »
My thoughts are with you. It sounds as if he got to pass exactly how he wanted, at home with his family. Stay strong.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2008, 05:16 PM »
I'm very sorry for your loss. It's good to hear that he passed away peacefully and with family.
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline JediTray

• Banned
  • Youngling
    • View Profile
    • JediTray's Website
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2008, 04:27 PM »
Thanks, everyone.  Funeral services start today, ending with his final burial on Monday with full military honors.  God please give me strength.

My Website

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2008, 06:49 PM »
My condolences to you and yours.

Offline JediTray

• Banned
  • Youngling
    • View Profile
    • JediTray's Website
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2008, 10:25 PM »
The first service was today at the funeral home.  Mass tomorrow morning, then burial at the National Cemetery with full military honors on Tuesday.  I cried every time someone looked at me and saw or mentioned how much I look like Dad.  My height and fat aside, my face is just like him.

My Website

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2008, 10:42 PM »
My condolences to you & your family JediTray.

I too lost my father 2 1/2 months ago. Stay strong with the help of friends & family. Always remember the good times you had. Let the tears flow.

Offline JediTray

• Banned
  • Youngling
    • View Profile
    • JediTray's Website
« Reply #13 on: July 1, 2008, 02:18 AM »
I want to take a moment and thank everyone for their support.  The first two services are over, and the final military burial is in the morning.

I don't know what kind of shape I will be in, so anyone that has any business to discuss, please bear this in mind.  I will try to get back to anyone with pending sales/trades/buys as soon as I can.

Thanks for understanding, and again, your most kind words.

My Website