Author Topic: CW Republic Gunships (WM, TRU, & Target?)  (Read 35662 times)

Offline Rune Haako

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
CW Republic Gunships (WM, TRU, & Target?)
« on: June 25, 2008, 09:05 PM »
« Last Edit: July 13, 2008, 05:26 PM by Jeff »

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Wal-Mart Exclusive Republic Gunship.
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2008, 09:57 PM »
I think Hasbro might be going a little too far with the large items being sold on day 1 lol. As cool as this ship may end up I already have the other clone wars one and ultimatly have no more room for another.
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D:

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2008, 10:20 PM »
Neat deco choice...  I'm not buying one, but neat deco.  I'd imagine this'll give a choice to the masses NOT buying the big stuff.  I honestly think the big stuff is really still a toss-up as to how well it may perform.  I don't think we can carry those big item sales, honestly.

This though, may be a smart move for Hasbro...  Pretty cheap for them to just crank more out with a new deco, and definitely more affordable to the frugal moms/dads.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline manglord

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2008, 02:49 AM »
Cool! I would love to have a couple of these on my shelf, as i came in to the collecting game a little late and missed out on these.  I think i prefer this deco over the painted shark nose deal.

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2008, 08:30 AM »
Cool! I would love to have a couple of these on my shelf, as i came in to the collecting game a little late and missed out on these.  I think i prefer this deco over the painted shark nose deal.

I definitely prefer this deco. From what I understand we have two or three choices for the decals on the front. Twi' Lek as we see, Kowakian Monkey Lizard (Think Salacious Crumb), and possibly one more. So it will be cool to deco these how we want. I'm hoping these is a choice to NOT deco these and keep it plain if we want. I still need 2-3 more gunships in the correct movie colors. This would do if I'm not held to the front end deco.

I'll still get one for sure though.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
Re: Wal-Mart Republic Gunship
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2008, 09:29 AM »
Wow, deco number 5. Do we know for sure if this is a July 26th item?
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2008, 09:33 AM »
Well we knew this vehicle would be put out there.  At least it's just an exclusive.  But yeah, Hasbro is going nutty with all the vehicle releases.  I would not mind buying this but I have to save for the Falcon, AT-TE, and Spider Droid. 

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2008, 09:39 AM »
Yeah, it will be interesting to see how it goes with all of these vehicle releases.  Even if they aren't all coming out on July 26th, there's going to be a heck of a lot of vehicles for the last half of the year.  I've only got the original (AOTC/Saga) gunship, but that's all I'll have room for, so I'm happy with that.  Although of course out of scale, I do think its a pretty nifty toy.  The one thing cool about this new version (aside from the alternate decals), is if it would have full closing doors.  I don't expect it to be too much different aside from deco though.  It seems like WM and TRU each have their own "multiple deco" vehicles coming this year, with this and the Dagger Squad B-Wing.  Hasbro does seem to be paying a lot of attention to vehicles lately, which is kind of neat.

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2008, 09:41 AM »
I love that deco! I don't know how I'm possibly gonna afford it, but I want one!
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2008, 09:50 AM »
If it has salacious crumb details i am all over one  ;D
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2008, 09:51 AM »
I'm reserving judgement on the deco until we see the actual gunship versus the representational art that's on the box. These days there seems to be more and more of a discrepancy between the two. Sure we'll get the exclusive label sheet, but I can see this being not much more in terms of weathering than the previous releases in a new box.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2008, 11:41 AM »
What happened to the doors?
could we get an add on to this version, they are supposed to be able to travel through space kinda of piontless to be transporting troops if they all get sucked out into vacuum.
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2008, 01:23 PM »
I just realized after reading the above that is a twi'lik on the nose. I thought it was a white wolf! ;D
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2008, 03:54 PM »
I just realized after reading the above that is a twi'lik on the nose. I thought it was a white wolf! ;D

I get that it's like the WW II thing but that doesn't seem to translate into the whole SW/clones being raised in labs rapidly grown probably never even seen a woman, besides Kamonian.  At least the men in WW II had a life before/during the war that girlfriends/lives.  Them being Mando raised the tiger shark whatever it is on the ARC seems more appropriate, or anything else more geared towards violence.
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2008, 04:59 PM »
I get that it's like the WW II thing but that doesn't seem to translate into the whole SW/clones being raised in labs rapidly grown probably never even seen a woman, besides Kamonian.  At least the men in WW II had a life before/during the war that girlfriends/lives.  Them being Mando raised the tiger shark whatever it is on the ARC seems more appropriate, or anything else more geared towards violence.

Quoted for truth.
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)