Author Topic: TRU Midnight Madness CONFIRMED!!!  (Read 5163 times)

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: TRU Midnight Madness - It's official!
« Reply #30 on: July 3, 2008, 11:05 AM »
Whew crisis averted and another life saved! Yeah me! heh heh. j/k

I do think TRU's MM website should help allay those fears by SDCC goers of not getting at least TRU's exclusives. Now WM and Target exclusives, well that's another thing.

I've planned to have my fiancee at the WM up the street from my TRU to get the exclusives for me. Though she will actually be getting everything on my list as well, then we'll coordinate what I have vs what she has. I'll buy my stuff first then anything duplicate she has will get put back on the shelf. This helps to ensure I get what I want from not only the regular release but the exclusives as well.

It's not something I want to do mind you as she has been with me for the previous 3 MMs. But for the exclusives, she'd be with me at TRU too. Though, we have contemplated both of us being at TRU and just taking a chance on the WM exclusive stuff. If that's the case, then she'll watch my cart and pull some things off pegs, while I scramble to get all I want. (Never hurts to have another person.) Heck I brought 3 with me for the ROTS release. (Her, her sister and her sister's fiancee) It was fun and they actually liked helping me find the stuff I wanted. For my appreciation, I took them all out to an early morning breakfast.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
Re: TRU Midnight Madness CONFIRMED!!!
« Reply #31 on: July 4, 2008, 03:48 PM »
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 25, 2008, 03:39 PM »
Thought I'd bump this in anticipation of 07/26.

Stopped by a local TRU on the way home just for the hell of it.  No new toys, but they had the display up.  I kinda dug the FU game release dual countdown clocks.  I haven't been keeping track, but it looks like we have seven more weeks to go.

Nice touch.   :)
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 25, 2008, 04:07 PM »
I'm hitting Walmart tonight.

Then in the morning, Target, Kmart and then TRU when they open at 10am.

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 25, 2008, 04:52 PM »
Despite my initial plans of not going to MM, I might hit up TRU tonight.

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 25, 2008, 05:27 PM »
I'm going to one of my two participating local TRUs tonight! I'm really looking forward to it. ;D
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 26, 2008, 01:02 AM »
Just got back from Midnight Madness at my local TRU. It was certainly an experience, to say the least. I get there about ten minutes til, and they had a Biker Scout and Vader from Garrison Tyranus handing out checklists. Crowd seems to be in a pretty good mood. Quite a lot more kids than I was expecting, although there were the fat inbred hoarder set too. It hits a minute after twelve, and the pandemonium ensues.

As expected, the fat inbred hoarders run/waddle to the basic figures and start shoveling them into carts, many of them Legacy wave one. I make my way in and manage to snatch a undiscovered Legacy SCUBA Clone off the pegs, to the dismay of a hoarder. I also grab a Rebel Pilots II evolutions set, and by that time, the basic figure pegs are completely bare. A TRU employee mentions that what was on the pegs is all they have, and imposes a 12-figure-per-person limit. The fat inbred hoarders, as expected, shriek in agony. They give off most of their CW basic figures, but keep most of the Legacy figures. At this point, I'm frantically searching for anything from wave one of Legacy, but sadly, my search goes unrequited. I pick up a CW R2-D2 off the pegs, so that I have over $30 for a Holo Grievous. I manage to get in line before most of the scalpers, and check out with a Holo Grievous in tow. All in all, quite an interesting night, and I managed to make off with the following...

-Rebel Pilots Evolutions II
-Legacy Clone SCUBA Trooper x1
-Clone Wars R2-D2 x1
-Exclusive Holographic General Grievous x1

Sadly, I never did see any of the first Legacy wave, so I might hit up Target tomorrow morning before work.

Offline Darth Kenobi

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 26, 2008, 03:24 PM »
Didn't do the MM madness but went today to TRU to pick up some stuff was nice that there was no crowd, only problem was they didn't have the GG out until tommorrow since that store wasn't a MM store.