Author Topic: Legacy Collection Comic Packs  (Read 214053 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Legacy Collection Comic Packs
« Reply #150 on: October 27, 2008, 09:32 AM »
While I can't say that any of the comic packs have been particularly "hot sellers" around here lately, these recent Marvel packs are really sitting around here.  I haven't had any particular trouble finding the other ones either, but I think the same peg or so of these Marvel packs have been at Target, WM, and TRU for quite some time now.  Personally, I don't mind them as much as some people do (although non neon colored packs would be better), but it doesn't seem like they are particularly good sellers regardless.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: November 6, 2008, 02:52 PM »
I found the 4 new ones today... I only one that I wish I wasn't buying was the one with repainted Vader and Leia with a new gun.

Some of these are pretty decent value, but the Marvel ones flat out suck and I wish Hasbro would stop making them.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #152 on: November 6, 2008, 04:00 PM »
Some of these are pretty decent value, but the Marvel ones flat out suck and I wish Hasbro would stop making them.

Agreed, and they're always the "pegwarmer" of their wave around here while DH stuff usually moves significantly faster.

The last wave I saw were Talon/Skywalker and Imperial Knights sets...  Besides those, what's the next wave made up of actually?  Is that the DE set with Luke/Palpatine, the white Vader/Leia, or what?  I'm kinda confused on what's out and what isn't as far as comics go these days.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: November 6, 2008, 09:55 PM »
This is the next wave, hitting stores now...

Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: November 6, 2008, 11:45 PM »
Those are the 4 I found today - for what it's worth, it was at TRU.  The Karde/Thrawn set is really nice.  I think the Xizor is a fantastic figure too.
« Last Edit: November 6, 2008, 11:46 PM by Rob »

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: November 7, 2008, 09:13 AM »
for what it's worth, it was at TRU. 

Good to know. I haven't seen hide nor hair at Target. I can hit a TRU on my way to work.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #156 on: November 7, 2008, 10:25 PM »
EE had this case two months ago with every new comic pack minus the two Marvel ones, it's funny they are hitting stores now. I thought these packs were old news, The outside of the Vaders these were really nice sets.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: November 7, 2008, 11:16 PM »
for what it's worth, it was at TRU. 

Good to know. I haven't seen hide nor hair at Target. I can hit a TRU on my way to work.

We are finding them all around Target stores in the Minneapolis area.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: November 8, 2008, 03:57 PM »
I saw three of the four of the new wave at both Target and TRU yesterday.  Target had one Thrawn/Karrde pack (which I grabbed, as it was the only one I wanted) and two SOTE packs, and TRU had one Vader/Tractor Man set and three SOTE packs (no Thrawn/Karrde).  No sign of that white Vader/Leia set at either, so I'm thinking that someone with really bad taste decided to buy them all up in my area (I am not going to complain about that). :)

So the Vos/Faie and Horrible Story Idea Palpatine vs. EEEEEEvil Luke are the next wave?

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #159 on: November 8, 2008, 05:55 PM »
So the Vos/Faie and Horrible Story Idea Palpatine vs. EEEEEEvil Luke are the next wave?

Yep, those are Wave 4 (due in December). 

Then comes Wave 5 with the Borsk/Wedge, NinjaLuke/Deena, and Ki-Adi/Hett sets from a few pages back.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: November 9, 2008, 09:07 AM »
Finally scored wave 3 and opened the Tracta set last night. Tracta is an interesting and cool figure.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: November 10, 2008, 09:18 AM »
Opened the remainder of the set up yesterday. Overall, not bad. All the figures are well done, except for the Vader re-pack. It's cool to have the upgrades on Thrawn and Xixor.

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: November 12, 2008, 12:21 PM »
So far I have snagged 2 of everything except the Leia/Xizor & Thrawn/Karrde sets. I will grab those soon enought, but not in a rush.
I have been told to go to hell; well at least I will know everyone there!

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: November 18, 2008, 09:59 PM »
So far I have snagged 2 of everything except the Leia/Xizor & Thrawn/Karrde sets. I will grab those soon enought, but not in a rush.

I wouldn't be in a rush with the Leia/Xizor set - so far, that's all I've seen of this wave at retail.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: November 19, 2008, 09:20 AM »
I've seen remnants of these all over at Targets now. Seems Trachta is the one that goes first.