Author Topic: Legacy Collection Comic Packs  (Read 214131 times)

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
Re: Legacy Collection Comic Packs
« Reply #180 on: November 24, 2008, 06:59 PM »
3 Peg full of Imp Knights, the Mando twins, even a Swan set and right in front in all it's glory Luke/Emporer.

I'm sorry, but a "Swan set"? huh?
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #181 on: November 24, 2008, 08:29 PM »
Bultar Swan and the mohawk guy with the hole in his chest.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: December 2, 2008, 09:28 AM »
Cracked open the Faie set last night, finally. Great job on both figures. Setting aside the lack of articulation on Vos's legs, his sculpting is superb. I'll agree with everyone else that Faie's helmet is too big, but one really can't export more from a removable helmet.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Theta 288

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: December 2, 2008, 11:57 AM »
Cracked open the Faie set last night, finally. Great job on both figures. Setting aside the lack of articulation on Vos's legs, his sculpting is superb. I'll agree with everyone else that Faie's helmet is too big, but one really can't export more from a removable helmet.

Hmmm I have to hunt for that pack today thanks for reminds me!

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: December 2, 2008, 06:32 PM »

I've heard Hasbro say on a couple of occassions that they're faced with something of a challenge regarding removable helmets.  Apparently there's something of a disconnect between the design stage and the production stage.  The tolerances are pretty tight to get a removable helmet to sit just right.  And when a prototype makes it to the production stage even a small variation in either the size of the production head or the helmet can lead to the helmets either being loose or tight.  Perhaps this is why the Clone Wars Obi-Wan has that switchable head/helmet instead of a helmet that fits over the head.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: December 2, 2008, 06:47 PM »
All the more reason to have interchangeable heads across all figures if possible. 

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #186 on: December 2, 2008, 07:05 PM »
I actually prefer removable helmets...  I think Faie's looks perfectly fine, but that's me.  Maybe it matters less with visored helmets, but usually I prefer displaying the character holding the helmet in his arms instead of on him, and a removable helmet just looks better to me than a second head in the figure's arms. 
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: December 2, 2008, 07:49 PM »
I'd feel the same way Jesse, if Hasbro could figure out a better way to not make poofy helmets... case in point, last year's TAC Stormtrooper and a few various clone commanders.  The helmets (and often the paint jobs as a result) are terrible looking compared to their non-removable counterparts... at least in my opinion. 

But you're right, Faie's isn't bad at all.  Neither was Cody's, because they shrunk his head down to accommodate a tighter sculpt.

Offline Theta 288

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: December 3, 2008, 12:06 AM »

I'd feel the same way Jesse, if Hasbro could figure out a better way to not make poofy helmets... case in point, last year's TAC Stormtrooper and a few various clone commanders.  The helmets (and often the paint jobs as a result) are terrible looking compared to their non-removable counterparts... at least in my opinion.
But you're right, Faie's isn't bad at all.  Neither was Cody's, because they shrunk his head down to accommodate a tighter sculpt.

Also Gree, if you compare his none removable helmet variant & removable helmet, it looks close the same.

BTW: I love that camo Faie...well done at last.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y199/Comerus/Comerus%202nd/Picture1099_a.jpg
« Last Edit: December 4, 2008, 10:36 PM by Jeff »

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: December 3, 2008, 01:18 PM »
Hasbro can do it.  Don't know how many here are Joe collectors, I'm not really one, but I couldn't pass up the Cobra Parajumper.  I was totally surprised the helmet was removable and it was a harder plastic instead of the gummy plastic used on the clones.  And as mentioned above Faie, Cody, and even Baron Fel have great helmets.  I'd even go as far as the Airborne Trooper.  Hopefully with the Ultimate Uber Articulated Clone we'll get a better helmet too.
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline Theta 288

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: December 3, 2008, 01:25 PM »
Compare helmets... The Commander's helmet look better without the pauldrons... But I dunno what is the problem... the pauldron or head/helmet?

Man... i love this group!

« Last Edit: December 3, 2008, 01:36 PM by Theta 288 »

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: December 3, 2008, 03:41 PM »
I personally despise the removable helmet they made for Gree.  A removable head makes more sense to me.

Good point on the Airborne Trooper purge... and the Para Viper too.  I picked that up and it's fantastic.

Offline Theta 288

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: December 3, 2008, 04:28 PM »
I personally despise the removable helmet they made for Gree.  A removable head makes more sense to me.

Good point on the Airborne Trooper purge... and the Para Viper too.  I picked that up and it's fantastic.

I think diferent... I like a remov... helmet cus, u dont have to get worry of losing it, apart of how it looks, also its as it should be, not having an extra head for it, its a no no for me hehe.

Also I think the Airborne helms are too loose, easy to fall, but dunno if you meant its looks or how it fit to the head.

PS: Gree is one of the coolest clone man... great helmet 2 ( the real one)----->
(^_~)
=================================

BTW Aha!...Ok... I see now.

The winner of th' Smallest head is/are:

#1) Cody & Faie

#2) Ears covered Clones/Boba/Stormclone trooper

#3) the rest.

Bust still those with pauldrons still look better without it.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y199/Comerus/Comerus%202nd/Picture1111_a.jpg
« Last Edit: December 4, 2008, 10:36 PM by Jeff »

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: December 4, 2008, 10:02 AM »
Okay so I found three different sets last night.

Commander Faie/Quinlan Vos: Faie is a decent figure. Articulation is certainly there. His camo pattern is different from the previous releases (as seen in some of the pics above). I'm not sure if I like that or not. It does make it easy to pick him out of the bunch so I know who he is, but that is also a problem in that he should blend with the rest of the group. Still overall good marks for the figure. I'm just surprised they'd have TWO Faie's on the pegs right now-the single carded Engineer helmet one and this Camo scout trooper version. Vos, hmm, well, the sculpt is excellent. waist up it's an excellent figure. But the real DOWNER here is the complete lack of knee AND ankle articulation. Really, is it all THAT hard to ask for knee joints? I'm of the group that prefers knee over ankle joints if we had to choose. So because of this, the figure is only marginally good. Knee and ankle joints would have put this into the MUST BUY category. If you're on the fence about this pack, I'd say save your money. If you're a clone and/or Jedi collector, then most definitely pick it up.

Clone Emperor/Luke: I haven't yet opened this one up yet, so I can't comment on articulation. However I can say that upon getting home and taking this out of the shopping bag that I immediately had buyer's remorse. Did I really NEED these figures? The Emperor clone looks cool, but Luke....will Hasbro EVER get him right? I'm seriously considering taking this set back. If I see a review with pics of this set open, showing it's articulation, I might change my mind. In the meantime, it stays carded.

White Vader/Leia: Other than not having the patience to find a well painted version, I'm happy I got this set. I haven't opened it up yet either, however, after seeing the white Vader in the comics, I KNEW I wanted one. Leia is an after thought to me. I'll prolly pull the sniper from her and give it to one of the Endor Rebel troopers.

So what I have here is one decent set Faie/Vos, one unneeded impulse buy set Emperor/Luke, and one long desired and okay set Vader/Leia.

Hasbro didn't really knock any of these out of the park and as such I can see this wave sitting. Thankfully it has come out now during the holiday shopping season, so we should see these clear from the pegs.

-Sal
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline EpicGon

• Jedi Padawan
  • The life so short, the craft so large to learn.
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: December 4, 2008, 12:26 PM »
Comic Pack from Rebellion 3 is excellent

Luke and Deena in saboteur outfit will be a must for my collection.