Author Topic: Legacy Collection Comic Packs  (Read 214793 times)

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
Re: Legacy Collection Comic Packs
« Reply #450 on: October 20, 2009, 10:34 PM »
HHMMMMMM....Clouded the future is...canceled they may be. ::)
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: October 21, 2009, 05:51 PM »
Here's a refresher of the comic pakcs in question:

Hasbro SDCC'09 Comic Pack Slides:

I'm looking forward to the Exar Kun/Ulic Quel Droma set. I'm excited for the Tholme/T'ra Saa set.
The blackhole trooper is meh to me.
The Kashyyyk clone set is also meh, but I'll get one. I MUST get at least 1 if not 2 sets of the Utapau troopers though. (I have well over 100 Utapau troopers, so I welcome the "officers" to command them)

The WM exclusive sets are ok. I like the pilot set but don't know who they are. I welcome the IG-Battle droid/Imp officer set. The storm commando set is meh. Not really digging the General Wseir guy with those big ass red bandoliers.

The two sets I'm most looking forward to though are those last two and their not "due" until next year. Delia Blue was (still is) high on my list of wanted figures and Nihl is a great addition to the Legacy comic book line. Jarael is a cool character. No clue who Rohlan Dyre is though. Kinda reminds me of that other red armored dude from last year. (Kinda like a Jedi Iron man) I can't think of his name though.

Anyway, I hope all of these sets come out, even if some of them I'm not as excited about. I know I'll get at least one of each.

-Sal
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #452 on: October 21, 2009, 06:52 PM »
I am with you Sal. I am really looking forward to the Tholme pack and the Legacy pack for 2010. I am sure Hasbro will find a way to release most of the items as exclusives should the Comic packs die. I wish we at least saw good shots of the Cammie and Norohgi packs.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #453 on: October 21, 2009, 07:42 PM »
I really want the Exur set and the hologram set, I have little faith in Hasbro releasing anything anymore that is not animated in style.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: October 21, 2009, 11:38 PM »
I REALLY hope Camie and Fixer get released eventually. I got a peek at them in person at SDCC and they're pretty cool. 8)
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #455 on: October 21, 2009, 11:47 PM »
I REALLY hope Camie and Fixer get released eventually. I got a peek at them in person at SDCC and they're pretty cool. 8)

Was the Noroghi on display too? I did not know that the Cammie pack was on display for a brief time.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #456 on: October 21, 2009, 11:56 PM »
I did not know that the Cammie pack was on display for a brief time.

It was not formally on display.  Hasbro brought Camie/Fixer and a few other goodies to the show, but decided not to show them at the last minute.  They did end up showing them off to a few people though if you heard through the grapevine and asked them about them.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: October 22, 2009, 02:59 AM »
The CP line isn't getting canceled - it's one of Hasbro's best selling lines. Killing that line would be a HUGE mistake on Hasbro's part - so DON'T DO IT, HASBRO!  >:D I'm really looking forward to the upcomig 2010 sets, but that Darth Nihl figure is already getting on my nerves ... dunno why.  ???
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: October 22, 2009, 10:30 AM »
I dunno. Although I'd like the imperials in these sets, I wouldn't be too heart broken should these never see the light of day.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #459 on: October 22, 2009, 11:12 AM »
The CP line isn't getting canceled - it's one of Hasbro's best selling lines.

Mighty Jabba, you should start reading the Q&A's from Hasbro. They are signaling the lines end in the spring of 2010. They are also on record saying that sales have slowed down on these sets as well as Legacy overall.
Hasbro's mistake was weak figure choices and too many bad repacks. I do not mind them reshipping popular sets but they had a hard on for their first Marvel sets as well as the curse of Xizor striking again. The two sets that had a short run were the Quinlan/Faie & Luke Clone Emp packs. It would have made a lot more sense to repack those in the new red packaging.

Nevertheless this line is nearing the end of the road if it has not already. The Q&A's have that chilling Indiana Jones feeling. I do think we will see most of the above due to production lead times but I am not confident in the very cool 2010 sets including Cammie.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #460 on: October 22, 2009, 11:31 AM »
Hasbro's mistake was weak figure choices and too many bad repacks

I'm looking at you, Tobbi/Leia/Fenn/Dengar.  Of all the obscure Marvel stuff to pick, they pick those?  The Mandos I get, but then pairing them with sub-par Hoth Leia and Purple Dengar.  Purple Dengar?  Really?

There were a few other duds that didn't sell well, but those Marvel Mando sets were the beginning of the end I think...
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: October 22, 2009, 11:39 AM »
Hasbro's mistake was weak figure choices and too many bad repacks. I do not mind them reshipping popular sets but they had a hard on for their first Marvel sets as well as the curse of Xizor striking again. The two sets that had a short run were the Quinlan/Faie & Luke Clone Emp packs. It would have made a lot more sense to repack those in the new red packaging.

Yep, meanwhile I still haven't found seen last of the recent wave.  ::)

Offline Corax

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: October 22, 2009, 12:11 PM »
I just went through the Q & A compendium here and found these answers from Hasbro concerning the comic packs:

A very big lack of Marvel Star Wars Comic Packs, although the one you are bringing out Lumiya/Luke Skywalker rocks and I am glad to have the chance to pick this one up, can I also ask if you are going to bring out any of the following characters from the Marvel Star Wars Comic Packs - Crimson Jack and Jolli, Jaxxon and Amaiza, Cody Sunn-Childe and Demon - also when will the next Marvel Star Wars Comic Pack be available after the Lumiya/Luke one and what will it be. (RS, 2009-08-20)

There are no plans for any of those characters, but there is an opportunity for them to appear in the Fans' Choice Poll and if so, we will consider them. Although, given each of their extremely brief appearances in the Marvel run, we wouldn't expect them to be higher on the rankings of most fans than, say, Valance the Hunter, Rik Duel, Dani, or even Kiro (none of which are in the upcoming lineup, either). There *are* two Marvel packs slated for next year, the next one appearing in late spring as a Wal-Mart exclusive, which will be revealed at Toy Fair.

Seems hopes are pretty high at Hasbro if they plan on revealing more at the 2010 Toy Fair!!

I know you don't want to get into financial figures, but I'm wondering how well the comic packs are doing and if they will be around for the foreseeable future. I hope they are here for the long term since there are so many great characters left to make. Knights of the Old Republic and Invasion need their first figures, and dark side Leia from A New Hope Infinities could be a cool one too (hint hint)! (SWC, 2009-08-20)

We have a lot of heart for the Comic Packs, since some of the most exciting stories from the EU have been told in comics and there are somany exciting characters to draw from. That said, the line does need a boost as it's been a little sluggish versus expectations. We have beenworking on a lot of new and exciting figure tools (see this fall's lineup for an example!) and hope that fans share the same excitement we have. Right now, we are planning comic packs to run through 2010 at least, but we really do need fan support for all the packs to ensure that we continueon a healthy pace through 2010.

Ok so Hasbro plans to run the comic packs through 2010 at least, awesome I'm so excited.  Now if Hasbro would actually get the new comic packs sent out to the stores I could support the comic pack line :(

How many figures can we expect to see in 2010 for the non Clone Wars collectors, and how many Comic 2-packs? (TPU, 2009-09-10)

There will be approximately 45 figures in the Legacy basic figure lineup for 2010, about the same number of basic figures that will be available in 2009. As for Comic Packs, we don't want to make release any numbers right now as the exact number is still up in the air.

WHAT?!?  Why don't you know Hasbro?  Is it because there are so many awesome characters to choose from?  Is it because you still have a ton from this year to release?  Is it because distribution sucks so bad that fans can't even find the most recent wave at retail?

I'm trying to hold on to the hope that the comic packs continue.  They are alot of figures that I want for my own collection.  I could easily see these become an exclusive line though as well.  I love how it's up to us to keep this line going even though distribution for the comic packs sucks.  I haven't even seen the newest wave at all, ever.  Now I can go out and buy Leia/Xizor and the Marvel packs anywhere, but the stuff I really want, not at all.  Hasbro needs to realize that fans don't want their Mandalorians in pastels and Sexy-time Leia should never have come with Xizor.  Better choices Hasbro, better choices and this line wouldn't be suffering at all.   

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #463 on: October 22, 2009, 01:01 PM »
Forgive me for being a bit anti-EU here but don't you think that is part of the problem.  Hell, tertiary PT and OT characters are having a hard time selling, why would a secondary EU character sell?   

Simplifying...there are three main groups when it comes to EU

#1 People buy EU only
#2 People buy EU and Movie Stuff
#3 People buy Movies Stuff only (and think Marvel repaints are silly)

I'd say #2 is the largest group but #3 is pretty close to being right there.  So when almost a a quarter to a third of your potential market is going to avoid them...it is little wonder they are having a tough time making sales.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: October 22, 2009, 01:25 PM »
Yeah, I think Scott is on the nose a bit with the character selection of these comic packs.  I'm not anti-EU either, although I'll admit I'm unfamiliar with the majority of it, but I have ended up buying quite a few of these comic packs along the way.  They have provided a lot of nifty figures I think, and even if it is ending, EU fans have to be fairly happy with what we've gotten compared to the way it used to be regarding EU stuff.  Like I said, much outside of the Thrawn Trilogy stuff, some Rogue Squadron stuff, or a few other comic stories, I don't know a lot about the Expanded Universe so it seems like there has been a decent run of characters throughout this line (so far).  I wouldn't be crushed if it ended, as it doesn't seem like there is ever anything new on the pegs anyways.  Like it was just mentioned, if the "realistic" movie characters are supposedly struggling at retail, I would certainly think that this EU stuff is.  I know that it gets a lot of support online (and in polls), but I just don't know if that fully translates to retail or not.  It seems, at least locally, that unless something is shipped only once (or otherwise short-shipped), it tends to sit on the pegs quite awhile.  I think Target and WM here locally have both had the same comic packs on the pegs for the majority of this year.