Author Topic: Legacy Collection Comic Packs  (Read 214128 times)

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
Re: Legacy Collection Comic Packs
« Reply #495 on: October 26, 2009, 12:33 AM »
Cripes, the shelves are filthy with these things around here.

I'd be willing to buy any of these things you guys need in exchange for TCW Wave 7. (Padme, Matchstick, etc)I need all 4...

I am just completely over waiting for this &*@#! wave to arrive already...

You are definitely in the minority on those comic packs my friend.   :(
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #496 on: October 26, 2009, 03:28 AM »
I agree...  Around me, you're lucky to see the REPACKED (in red) comics that ship with the new ones like Luke/Lumiya or Katarn/Vong...  I'd like 2 more Katarn/Vong packs and another Luke/Lumiya one.  I'm right now not that hopeful. :(
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: October 26, 2009, 05:36 PM »
Saw Luke and Lumiya today at K-Mart. They also had a TON of Hasbro boxes right off the truck sitting in the aisle waiting to be opened. I am hoping those contain something good...will have to check back later tonight.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: October 27, 2009, 02:02 AM »
Saw Luke and Lumiya today at K-Mart. They also had a TON of Hasbro boxes right off the truck sitting in the aisle waiting to be opened. I am hoping those contain something good...will have to check back later tonight.

Write back on what you find - even I'm anxious!
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: October 27, 2009, 10:56 AM »
Weird...I went back later that night and didn't notice anything new in the SW section, but the huge stack of boxes was gone. Maybe it was all GI Joe/Transformers stuff?

This place is right across from my new office, so I will keep a close eye on it. Bummer...
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: October 28, 2009, 05:24 PM »
Weird...I went back later that night and didn't notice anything new in the SW section, but the huge stack of boxes was gone. Maybe it was all GI Joe/Transformers stuff?

This place is right across from my new office, so I will keep a close eye on it. Bummer...

Damn.   :(
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #501 on: November 16, 2009, 08:07 PM »
Hope no one was expecting new comic packs anytime soon...  from the Q&A at HH:

3. Do you have any updates on the timing of the Fall 2009 Comic Packs that were shown at SDCC? Most e-tailers haven't even started taking pre-orders for them yet, which indicates they are probably farther away than we'd like. That fact, combined with some of the recent "Legacy Slowdown" answers in the Q&A is leading to many theories that the Comic Packs line may be ending sooner than anyone wanted.

** They are farther away than we'd like. We have really been struggling with the Comic Packs, but there is some good news - the remaining Fall packs should be out around March time frame. We're still hopeful that we can get to the Spring 2010 ones shown at Comic Con eventually as well, but right now we're focused on the Fall ones

So, anything that said "Fall 2009" at SDCC is now "Spring 2010" and anything that prevously said "Spring 2010" is now a "maybe someday".   :(
« Last Edit: November 16, 2009, 10:00 PM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #502 on: November 16, 2009, 08:33 PM »
Given what I've spent, I'm ok with that.  I just will be disappointed if we don't get what was pictured (at some point down the road) because those were some of the better figures in this series I've seen...  Cammie/Fixer, Noghri...  Good stuff.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2009, 11:21 PM by Jesse James »
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: November 16, 2009, 08:42 PM »
Future Comic 2-Packs

A. The comic packs have really been struggling lately, and right now we will be challenged to get to the 2010 packs that were shown at Comic Con.  That said, here's the numerical lineup through the end of the year (after Darth Krayt & Sigel Dare, pack #8):

Republic #83: Bogey Squad (#9)
Routine Valor: Commander Cody's Lieutenant and Trooper (#10)
Tales of the Jedi #6: Exar Kun & Ulic Quel Droma (#11)
Republic #65: Jedi Masters Thome & T'ra Saa (#12)
Classic Star Wars Early Adventures #1: Black Hole Stormtrooper (#13)

Beyond that, we'll hold onto that as the packs may not get out.  As for the Empire Darklighter pack with Camie and Fixer, it will be coming as a convention exclusive set next year.  The Heir to the Empire pack with Noghri and Ralrra does not currently have a home; right now it might become a Convention exclusive in 2011.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #504 on: November 17, 2009, 12:03 AM »
That's really sad that Comic Packs are pretty much dead after he spring Batch. I am happy to hear that the Cammie Pack is coming after all. The former Spring 2010 sets looked so good hopefully they will find a home in the lineup one day. I still blame Hasbro for this one far too many bad choices and reissues killed this line in my opinion.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: November 17, 2009, 08:07 AM »
Definately happy about the Camie/Fixer pack  :)

Offline Theta 288

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: November 17, 2009, 09:11 AM »
As long those figures we saw comes out & hopefuly single carded, I'm ok if the comic pack die out.

I want wave #5 &  #6 Kotor/Legacy  & the others..

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: November 17, 2009, 09:32 AM »
Welcome news for me, however I wonder if this goes for the WM Comic packs as well.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Keonobi

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: November 17, 2009, 09:51 AM »
I don't recall who would be featured in that first pack, Bogey Squad?

Nevermind, its the Kashyyyk trooper and Commander.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2009, 09:55 AM by Keonobi »
I am not the Stig

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: November 17, 2009, 10:10 AM »
Well that blows.  I really like this line and would actually rank many of the figures above what we've gotten in the basic line.  Very happy to hear that we're still getting Thome & T'ra Saa at some point.  Not very happy that the last two are going to be convention exclusives - that means double the price we would have paid.  Hey Hasbro, I'll buy an extra set I don't need if you'll just release these in stores (since that's what I'll end up spending anyway).  :P
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today