Author Topic: Legacy Collection Comic Packs  (Read 214142 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Legacy Collection Comic Packs
« Reply #525 on: November 19, 2009, 12:14 PM »
So, reading through the Q and A's and trying to figure out all the shifts in scheduling.  So the "fall packs" are coming in spring of 2010, but does that include the WM exclusive packs that were supposed to be coming out?  To be honest, I think those were the packs I was most interested in with Rogue Squadron, Rogue Leader, and Tales packs - which all looked fairly spiffy.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: November 19, 2009, 03:37 PM »
What I don't think Hasbro is realizing is that they themselves are making it easier and easier for collectors to get out of collecting SW. Repacks, ridiculous repaints, too high of pricepoints.... all of that is crushing the line. They may blame it on the economy and to some extent that is true, but giving us essential the same stock over and over again just isn't going to cut it either. What was once nice new product become OLD and quickly. There should be a general rule of thumb with Hasbro that nothing is reissued more than once, unless they see a spike in interest from fans (this includes kids, adult collectors and casual fans alike). At least as far as figures go anyway. Vehicles and ships use a slightly different set of rules. (Though outrageous price hikes for simple redecos is preposterous - Imperial ARC-170 anyone?)

Agreed, except for some of the army builders that are pretty much always going to sell decently, like generic Stormtroopers and clones.

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #527 on: November 19, 2009, 03:55 PM »
So, reading through the Q and A's and trying to figure out all the shifts in scheduling.  So the "fall packs" are coming in spring of 2010, but does that include the WM exclusive packs that were supposed to be coming out?  To be honest, I think those were the packs I was most interested in with Rogue Squadron, Rogue Leader, and Tales packs - which all looked fairly spiffy.

My understanding of their comment was the WM CP's are coming as scheduled and would be it for Wally World the rest are farther off. Tungohri of eBay already has had two of the WM CP characters so they should pop up with a few weeks. I could be wrong but usually that's how it's been working.

It sounds there is a 3,720 to 1 chance those two sets formally known as Spring 10 may come out if sales are brisk as they quoted. So that means they are dead. The Shadow Blackhole Stormie will be sure to put the fork into the line once and for all. I am also very confident Hasbro will pack the Marvel Green Tarkin and Stormie into the last cases to ensure it's demise and give us the finger. >:D
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #528 on: November 19, 2009, 04:30 PM »
We got some new loose images of the Wal-Mart pack figures today...

Clicky to check it out...

They look good.  I'm particularly into the Rogues and the Commandoes, but I like getting Mohc too even if it's a younger version of him.  I'd like a Dark FOrces Mohc though to complement Katarn.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #529 on: November 19, 2009, 04:36 PM »
Wow talk about timing in regards to my post. Man why is Mohc in a green outfit? And they used the ROTS Tarkin upper half as a base. Could'nt they have used Moff Jerjerrod or something? Hopefully he can headswap easy. I like the Sullustian pilot with the beard. The Shadow Scouts...........this is the kind of set that is the reason why the line is dead.

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #530 on: November 19, 2009, 04:43 PM »
The Mohc head sculpt would make for a decent Motti
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: November 19, 2009, 07:52 PM »
The Mohc head sculpt would make for a decent Motti

Woow, you're right!

And on a different note, Hasbro has four figures (Nihl, Deliah, Jarael, Rolan) that have been hotly demanded (and they know this!). I'm sure they'll be released in some sort in the future (sooner than later, preferably  ::)).
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: November 20, 2009, 01:26 AM »
Glad to see images of the WalMart exclusives.  It's kind of funny though.  It seems as though the demise of the comic 2-packs has to do with WalMart ceasing orders on the line.  But WalMart still seems to be committed to their exclusives for the time being.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: November 20, 2009, 09:34 AM »
Sweet. The storm scout isn't the Hoth scout re-paint. Someone's been guaranteed a minimum commitment of 8 of that pack from me. I'm also digging the green outfits. They fit into my army nicely as medical officers.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Keonobi

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: November 20, 2009, 11:35 AM »
Is Mohc holding the DC-15S?  Not sure about the source material, but isn't he a OT era guy?
I am not the Stig

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #535 on: November 20, 2009, 03:27 PM »
I'm assuming this is his rise to the OT era...

Mohc's in charge of the Darktrooper Project where Kyle Katarn's character is originally from, and I'm assuming then this is his time (ala Yularren, Tarkin, etc.) during the Clone Wars.  He's pretty old and a bit heavier in Dark Forces than that figure reflects.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: November 20, 2009, 07:12 PM »
I'm liking these figures. They're well-sculpted.  :) I just don't like the overly-green uniform on the Moff dude.  :(

« Last Edit: November 20, 2009, 07:14 PM by Jabba the Slug »
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #537 on: November 21, 2009, 01:10 AM »
He's not a Moff though, he's a General, and in the Clone Wars...  The uniform's probably accurate to the EU it's based on.  Not sure if General's duds in the CW are established one way or the other.  Yularren's uni seems to imply the Navy has a pretty drastic difference in look though.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #538 on: December 8, 2009, 10:00 PM »
Hasbro sent out early pictures of the Wal-Mart Exclusive wave of upcoming packs.

Clicky to check 'em out!

All 3 look nice enough to me.  I'd rather get Mohc when he's in the Empire and fighting Katarn (IE: Old and real fat), but otherwise I'm ok with all 3 sets.  I can't wait for the Rogues set though.  I'm down for just about any Rebel Pilot they toss our way.  A Sullustan and bald chick will do then. :)

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #539 on: December 8, 2009, 11:46 PM »
I am passing on the Scout pack, at least the WM Storm Commando looked coll and had new parts. I will bite on the other two sets. I like the Steam Punk Battle Droid the best out of the whole lot. Overall these sets kinda suck in regards to character choices. Just think if these were Legacy Comic sets or Heir to the Empire. I bet it would have made a huge difference in demand.