Author Topic: Legacy Collection Comic Packs  (Read 215599 times)

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
Re: Legacy Collection Comic Packs
« Reply #660 on: March 11, 2010, 06:32 PM »
I ordered a case from EE last week.

Should I be worried about not also finding these in stores? or should I up my order with EE to two cases just so I have a set to open?
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: March 12, 2010, 09:37 AM »
My experience with EE has been having to wait for something I could have bought ten times over in the stores for less money. I hate how they kept pushing the ship date back blaming Hasbro the entire time even though Walmart had the same thing on clearance. I was never thrilled with their service. At least I could save on shipping by picking it up at the office. The only price there was dealing with a really grumpy lady that could care less about the condition on the item. Of course, that isn't an option anymore since they moved. 

I see no reason to preorder anything Star Wars. You will see them in the stores. They are not going to be sold out. Just be patient. You don't need it the first day of release. Personally, I don't see anyone needing any of this stuff anymore.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: March 12, 2010, 09:46 AM »
Ok, it's officially on now...the 2 Walmart exclusive packs have been spotted in the wild! (Yes, actual brick and mortars)

JTA has the skinny on their front page. Go get 'em!
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Keonobi

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: March 12, 2010, 11:12 AM »
otheR Site has a link to Play.com, a UK toy site?  That lists two comic packs.  Baron Fel and Isard & Mereel and Montross.  Those both seem like winners to me.  Maybe they'll be a shared exclusive later this year?
I am not the Stig

Offline Adam_Pawlus

• Jedi Initiate
  • I hate baseball
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: March 12, 2010, 12:58 PM »
My experience with EE has been having to wait for something I could have bought ten times over in the stores for less money. I hate how they kept pushing the ship date back blaming Hasbro the entire time even though Walmart had the same thing on clearance.

I'm sorry your items didn't come in a timely manner.  What item(s) in particular?  I'm quite curious.

Sometimes big box stores do get stuff before us, and sometimes, they don't.  We're all at the mercy of when we're shipped items from the manufacturer and orders are sent first-come, first-served.  So if you didn't pre-order, the item may not be "in stock" on our web site for a while due to pent-up demand and existing pre-orders.  We'll receive the items and ship them out, we just won't have extras in stock until later at times.

Although clearance before we have it seems more like it could be a fluke or a stroke of luck/human error at retail.  Once in a blue moon a Wal-Mart does have basic figures at a crazy low price, but that's generally a mistake.  (For example, I saw a lot of $3.00 figures in late 2006 and early 2007, if memory serves, from the 85770 assortments when new product was still shipping.)  So let me help me help you help us help you.  Or something.  (Also, I'm nosy.)
--AP
16bit.com - Webmaster, Editor, Contributor
Entertaiment Earth - Marketing, Merchandising, Podcast
Galactichunter.com - Q&A, Figure of the Day, News

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: March 12, 2010, 01:37 PM »
I picked up the WalMart exclusive Comic Packs this morning myself. Nice sets, I'm glad they used the new battledroid body for IG-97.

NIce sets, I'm glad I was able to find them easily.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #666 on: March 12, 2010, 04:25 PM »
My Wally World had tons of these today too.  Seeing these in person sort of brought home why this line is dead - who are these guys?

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #667 on: March 12, 2010, 05:06 PM »
Sometimes big box stores do get stuff before us, and sometimes, they don't. 

That seems to be an accurate statement for EE or any other place really.  I've ordered from EE many, many times - sometimes they get stuff before the big three retailers, sometimes not.  That's life.  Either way, for me, I'm much happier pre-ordering the comic pack case at a competitive price and waiting for them to come to me instead of running all over looking for them while the line is dying at retail. ;)
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: March 12, 2010, 06:01 PM »
If I remember correctly this was two years ago. I don't remember the specific case contents but I ordered it three months in advance and then watched EE move the ship date four times before giving up and finally emailing them to cancel my order and have them remove me from their mailing list. That case ended up being peg warmers at walmart that year. This was unfortunate because I bought many things from them over the years. There record of delivering on time became very hit and miss over the years. Why preorder for something that rarely gets delivered on time?  I found I had better luck at the stores. I even put up with the rude lady in their "will call" desk. So I gave up with their poor customer service.

Maybe this has changed but they lost me as a customer.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: March 12, 2010, 06:05 PM »
My Wally World had tons of these today too.  Seeing these in person sort of brought home why this line is dead - who are these guys?

I can totally understand this reaction - if I didn't also collect the Dark Horse comics, I would feel the same way. For me, it makes me want to dig out a series (like Rogue Leader) and re-read it.
Peter

Offline Adam_Pawlus

• Jedi Initiate
  • I hate baseball
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: March 12, 2010, 06:30 PM »
If I remember correctly this was two years ago. I don't remember the specific case contents but I ordered it three months in advance and then watched EE move the ship date four times before giving up and finally emailing them to cancel my order and have them remove me from their mailing list. That case ended up being peg warmers at walmart that year. This was unfortunate because I bought many things from them over the years. There record of delivering on time became very hit and miss over the years. Why preorder for something that rarely gets delivered on time?  I found I had better luck at the stores. I even put up with the rude lady in their "will call" desk. So I gave up with their poor customer service.

Maybe this has changed but they lost me as a customer.

Well, I'm sorry to hear you had that experience.  I will say that the person in question most likely is no longer at the company, and there are times where (for some reason or another) a case does get pushed back a lot.  (The latest EU case being a fine example.  I believe that started at November '09.)

Pre-orders are up not just to "get it on time" but to "get it."  Items used to pre-sell out a lot more frequently, and some assortments do come and go pretty quickly.  For example, we weren't able to get as much of Legacy Wave 11 as we would have liked, and that seems to be pretty true across the board.  It's a service we offer and for some, it's great-- and for some, not.  I've seen items hit retail first myself from time to time, unfortunately it's all part of the business.  (TRU gets LEGO like a month and change early, for example.)

Anyway, I'm sorry we lost you, but I'm glad to hear you found your figures.  If you try us again and hit a snag, let me know-- providing the best customer service is a big deal to us, and if anyone is ever unhappy with our service, I absolutely want to hear about it.  (Although when it comes to delays, I'm sorry to say, there's not much I can do.)

Thanks for replying!
--AP
16bit.com - Webmaster, Editor, Contributor
Entertaiment Earth - Marketing, Merchandising, Podcast
Galactichunter.com - Q&A, Figure of the Day, News

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: March 12, 2010, 06:43 PM »

Who cares they're troopers in black, that makes 'em cool  ::)

I agree with you, just think characters like these they're basically repacks which kind of kept the price down so they could make REAL new figures and keep the price in line.  That's the only reason we got packs like these, and they can throw retailers a bone with "exclusives"
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: March 12, 2010, 07:27 PM »

I feel the same way and stopped collecting these awhile back, but had a relapse thanks to my OCD.  I've no clue who any of these guys/gals are for the most part, but oh well.  Found the new WM sets tonight and I totally dig the Scout Troopers...Just don't quite dig the $14.88 price.   :-\
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: March 12, 2010, 07:31 PM »
Saw these today, and passed.  I'm not spending money on stuff anymore that's basically just a rehash, especially when Hasbro has better tooling available that they're not using.  Rom Mohc being such a crappy upper body sculpt rather than using Needa type tooling is just an insult at this point, and I'm not paying for Storm Commandos that are a step back from the Evolutions version.

In regards to EE, I've never had any problems.  I'd order from them a whole lot more if the Hasbro case assortments were better.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: March 13, 2010, 09:48 AM »

Who cares they're troopers in black, that makes 'em cool  ::)

I agree with you Purge, but see Darby's point very well. If these packs didn't have imperials I could use for my army in them, I'd care a heck of a lot less.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."