Author Topic: Legacy Collection Comic Packs  (Read 214040 times)

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
Re: Legacy Collection Comic Packs
« Reply #780 on: April 20, 2010, 03:00 AM »
Not a bad deal. I still have to order mine, but was going to wait until a week after I picked up the TRU EU stuff.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #781 on: April 22, 2010, 03:13 AM »
I wonder if the CPs will go into a state of discount/sale considering the line is coming to an end. I'm still seing Xizor and Thrawn packs that I have yet to score, but I'm wondering if these will ever hit $12 or under... right now they're still full price @ $14 and something cents.
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline STARKILLER

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #782 on: May 7, 2010, 09:35 PM »
i finally scored the blackhole hologram shadow trooper pack at target,what a cool pack

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #783 on: May 7, 2010, 11:44 PM »
I noticed that there were remnants of this wave at a Target tonight.  First I'd seen of them at a store.  No Clone packs to be seen anywhere though, just the 2 Jedi sets which, to me, were the superior sets.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #784 on: May 23, 2010, 03:41 AM »
SO I had an interesting shopping experience at Target.

So I'm always finding the Krayt/Lumiya/Vong CP wave at Target, minus the Krayt/Lumiya/Vong sets.. It's always the repacks I find (Vader/Rebel, Mundi/Hett... etc.), never the newer 3 sets. It's like someone purposely holds these 3 sets back. I'm pretty sure I bought the only Lumiya/Luke they had in stock (which was May 2nd), and they're slooowly flushing the repack sets through the pegs, instead of simply putting out the entire case, leaving the CP pegs pretty much half-empty. Anyway...

So I see a single repacked Mundi/Hett set (which is the ONLY CP on the pegs), and I pretty much know that somewhere back there in the storerooms they have the remaining sets. So I see a Target employee, an older woman, trudging through the toy aisle. Why I decided to ask her, I don't know. ???

I approach her, and indicate a picture of the Krayt/Dare set on the back of the Mundi/Hett set, which I have in my hand, to pretty much see if the remaining sets are in the back. I politely ask if they happen to have that set, and she just looks at me emptily, eyebrow slightly raised. When she makes no indication that she feels like answering, I say, "...or is what's on shelf all there is?", and I get a simple, "Yeah." Hot damn! Guess the Emperor was having a bad day. The first time I ever ask for action figure-related assistance at a Target store, and I get that lovely response.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2010, 03:43 AM by Jabba the Slug »
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #785 on: May 24, 2010, 08:40 PM »
Hey, is the T'ra Saa & Tholme set still out? It's really the last comic pack I wanted. Is it a Walmart exclusive?
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #786 on: May 24, 2010, 09:24 PM »
It's part of the last basic wave of comic packs...  So far I think it's really only showed much at Target...  I've seen remnants of that wave only once, and ordered a case to avoid the hastle through EE.

I'm not sure how many are likely to come out but there's a while before the new packaging hits, so I imagine there may be more coming in the pipelines yet.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #787 on: May 25, 2010, 03:28 PM »
The only place I've ever seen the wave is at TRU.

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #788 on: May 25, 2010, 10:38 PM »

Really, I have not heard these hit TRU. I cam across these at once at Target. I love the Thomle pack, those figures are great for customs. I am glad I ordered these online this wave was overall underwhelming. The summer exclusives will be a better way to end this line. I am really looking forward to the Owen and Cammie packs.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #789 on: May 26, 2010, 01:15 PM »
Only set I still need is the Exar Kun set.

I bought the rest from HTS.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #790 on: May 26, 2010, 02:16 PM »

Really, I have not heard these hit TRU. I cam across these at once at Target. I love the Thomle pack, those figures are great for customs. I am glad I ordered these online this wave was overall underwhelming. The summer exclusives will be a better way to end this line. I am really looking forward to the Owen and Cammie packs.

Yeah - the same TRU has gotten in this wave twice that I know of, and another TRU at least once.  Not a sniff since though. 

I did hear that they showed up at one Target in my area, but I never saw them at one.  Distribution sucks, which isn't much of a surprise. 

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #791 on: May 26, 2010, 06:58 PM »
If you wanted to pick up that last wave of comic packs you would've had a lot more luck a month ago.  They were hitting both Target and TRU.  WalMart seems to have bailed since they had their own comic 2-pack exclusives.

I don't think this is a case of distribution sucking.  I think it's more a case of supply of inventory being tight.  And it's classic last wave syndrome:  Hasbro announces that it's the last wave in a line and everyone's out to score it as fast as they can.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2010, 06:59 PM by Nicklab »
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #792 on: May 26, 2010, 08:14 PM »
Perhaps that is the case, but I wouldn't be surprised to see these showing up later at discount outlets.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #793 on: May 31, 2010, 01:13 PM »
I finally received my my Pilot 2-pack from EE. Nice little set. I find it funny that the very few comic from the SW line I I collected over the years are the ones that got re-produced for this comic book series in general.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #794 on: May 31, 2010, 03:18 PM »
I didn't know where else to put this, but whatever...

I was reading the comic book from the Lumiya/Luke set, and I noticed that, after Luke disarms Lumiya of her whip in their second duel, she yells, "Stay away from me!" She then proceeds to jump out at Luke, weaponless, and Luke then slashes away her helmet and some armor with his lightsaber. Not the smartest move on Lumiya's part. ???