Author Topic: Legacy Collection Comic Packs  (Read 214049 times)

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Legacy Collection Comic Packs
« Reply #30 on: July 25, 2008, 06:57 PM »
Those Wal Mart packs look fantastic, I actually like all three packs. Sucks I'll never see them, Wally World excluisves are non-existent in my area since 2004.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 25, 2008, 07:09 PM »
Well - it took them some time, but FINALLY it looks like the three WalMart exclusive Comic packs might actually be WORTH getting!

The Rogue Squadron Pilots are a nice addition to the two Evolutions Pilots sets we're already getting.

The Ewok 3-pack is nice since it adds to our little Ewok armies.

The Amanin w/Lt. Sunber is nice too.

These three sets might actually be hard to come by.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #32 on: July 25, 2008, 09:04 PM »

I like the Ewok and and Amanin pack, the pilots are lamEU IMO

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 25, 2008, 09:28 PM »
the pilots are lamEU IMO

The Rogue Squadron series is far from lame EU, IMO.

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 25, 2008, 09:40 PM »
I did not care for the Twi-lek pilot but those 2 look kind of cool to me.  I don't know if I will buy them but they look okay. 

The ewoks set would be great if they did not have the Marvel coloring.  I may still buy them though to add some Ewoks to the collection. 

The Amanin is kind of cool.  Again not sure I will buy it.  I have no idea who the other guy is. 

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #35 on: July 25, 2008, 10:06 PM »
Never thought Hasbro would do another Dark Empire Luke. The one from 1998 is still one of my favorite figures, so seeing a gnarly new version is great.

I'm liking the new WM comic packs, too. More Ewoks!  ;D
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline roron corobb

• Jedi Padawan
  • May the Force be with You
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 25, 2008, 11:26 PM »
These are by far the best value now a days. The figures they put into them have been really cool lately. I'm not a big fan of EU stuff other than the games, but I'm all for these and more if Hasbro keeps this up. Now only if Hasbro would not paint these figures in odd colors any more and lose the POTF2 molds, they would be the best of all. I will get that Ewok pack though. They just need to repaint them.
roron corobb
I'm one of the most well-regarded Ithorian Jedi Masters, having trained as Yarael Poof's Padawan. Roron Corobb
my feedback link

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 26, 2008, 09:21 PM »
Anyone find the two comic packs from wave one Legacy? Tol Skorr/Asaaj, Durge/Anakin

I was hoping to find them, but haven't seen anyone anywhere report finding them, so I guess they aren't out yet.

Ewoks: cool, I'll get two sets and make some more customs.
Amanin/Lt. Sunbar: Cool, I'll get several. Might sell off the additional Amanin though. Just want the Imperials for dioramas.
Rebel Piltos: Freakin' A! I want that set. I got Reb Evo set 1 today. Still need set 2. I'm glad we're finally getting all of the rebel pilots and that they aren't all human, even if all of the alien ones were never actually seen on screen.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #38 on: July 27, 2008, 01:07 AM »
That's the first time Hasbro gave WM 3 really insanely cool comic packs.

The Marvel Ewoks will work fine as regular Ewoks...  That right there makes that set fantastic to me, plus I love the pilferred armor.  Nice.  I don't even know the comic, but that's good accessorizing (a battle damaged trooper helmet accessory would've been extra neat).

The Sunbir/Amanin Warrior are the highlight...  100% quality work there, from one of the coolest story arcs in EU I've read in a while.  It's a total Roarke's Drift rip-off but it's fantastic translated into SW.

The X-Wing Pilots are the things of toy erections...  New sculpted items abound in it.  Great paintjobs, and obscure pilots from EU.  Love it.  Want two just for the fodder potential.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 27, 2008, 01:44 AM »
I wonder how long before we see a new Amanaman figure.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 27, 2008, 12:44 PM »
Love the Vos/faie set, kind of indifferent to the new three. Don't like the colors on the ewoks, not sure I dig the alien pilots, (although I'm sure I'll get this set,) and I always hate too see new imperials with soiled uniforms.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 27, 2008, 08:32 PM »
Anyone find the two comic packs from wave one Legacy? Tol Skorr/Asaaj, Durge/Anakin

I was hoping to find them, but haven't seen anyone anywhere report finding them, so I guess they aren't out yet.

I was just about to ask the same thing and then I saw Sal's post above.

None of the places I went to seemed to have it in stock. All of them had older TAC sets (Mouse/Basso, Shan/Jundland, etc...)

I'm sure we'll see them soon, but I hope the stagnant TAC product doesn't make finding the newer sets hard to find.

On a side-note, it seems to me that suffering through those last two waves of WalMart exclusive 2-packs has finally paved the way for us to get the 2009 wave which I think is absolutely fantastic! The Ewoks are great, I love the pilfered armor pieces that they are wearing. The Rogus Squadron pilots are fantastic, I love that we're starting to get non-human Rebel pilots. The Evo sets were a great start, so these two will fit in nicely with them. The Sunber/Amanin set is also great, I'm definitely going to want to grab a couple of these just to open.

In terms of the regular release sets, the only one that has me perplexed is the pose they put the Dark Empire Luke in. To have a figure with such a fantastic head sculpt and such a piss-poor body is very disappointing. Otherwise, this line looks great. I am actually more excited about the Comic 2-packs that are coming out than I am of the regular Legacy Collection figures.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #42 on: July 28, 2008, 12:18 AM »
Finally got access to a computer. The Hasbro panel was cool and i really was happy to see these.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 3, 2008, 07:13 PM »
I saw the new Comic packs (Asajj/Some Guy, and Durge/Anakin) at Target today. Were the new Durge and Asajj figures worth the $12.99 Target wanted? No, no they weren't.

Also the Anakin looks like some kind of shemale. :-\
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #44 on: August 3, 2008, 09:04 PM »
I picked up the new Legacy comic sets yesterday, here is my breakdown of them:

Asajj - Overall a nice figure worth getting. It would have been a perfect figure if they gave her bendable knees. My biggest complaint is with her saber blades. Her removable blades have the Dooku handle guard on them unpainted. It's an easy exacto fix but it made no sense especially when Tol has a removable red blade in a normal fashion

Tol Skarr - In my opinion the nicest figure of the 4 new ones. He is a bit short but has some really nice details and is not short on the articulation front. He also sports some nice detail on the face with graying facial hair. His saber blade detaches and the hilt can hook into his belt, a feature that Hasbro has seemed to stay away from as of late. The shoulder armor moves (they are hinged) as they move with the arms, they do not fall off or hinder movement.

Durge - A pretty stupid when compared to the CW ones. This is a figure that was due for a cool upgrade too. This is not it. He is perfect as a bottom of the bin stacker figure that will make a great foundation next to Orn Fre Taa to lay other stored figures on top of in your storage case.

Anakin - Superb battle damaged cloth cloak, the best part of the figure! The figure's color choice is a bit odd however. This Anakin has molded Grey tunic robes with a dark brown cloth skirt that make the figure look very mismatched. Not sure why they did not just mold him in the normal brown tunic colors, he would have been a great pilot Anakin. The new head sculpt did not give me a trans vibe as some have pointed out, looked good enough to refresh the figure. I will probably use him for custom fodder.

They both have some of the best DH issues ever included in the comic pack series that gives them an added value if you never read them. In the end if you can only buy one I would say pass on the Durge get the Asajj pack.
« Last Edit: August 3, 2008, 09:07 PM by JACKOFTRADZE »
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/