Author Topic: Legacy Collection Comic Packs  (Read 214054 times)

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
Re: Legacy Collection Comic Packs
« Reply #105 on: September 24, 2008, 11:50 PM »
Is the Luke/Deena (Stealth Armor) CP from this depiction?
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: September 25, 2008, 12:02 AM »
The description definitely makes me think that's the source material for that set.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #107 on: September 25, 2008, 01:03 AM »
I'm digging it...  I too am bummed on Vos' lack of knees.  I said this before but didn't Hasbro claim the price hikes on the comic packs were going to deliver more articulation per figure, and that the old packs always lacked some important points on some figures as a cost-saver?  Where'd all that smoke blown up our asses drift off to?
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline commandernarra

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: September 25, 2008, 09:41 AM »
Previews has a small pic of Wedge and Borsk, Ki and Sharad, and Luke and Deena. Love the latter, Ki, and especially Sharad look almost Marvel colored bright, and Borsk, well I need to see a bigger pic, but it isn't the best Bothan interpretation they could of used. Wedge looks pretty solid. Sorry can't scan, but pics will be everywhere soon I guess. :)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #109 on: September 25, 2008, 10:24 PM »
Is the Luke/Deena (Stealth Armor) CP from this depiction?

Yep, sure looks like it - from the gang at RS:

Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #110 on: September 25, 2008, 10:37 PM »
Funny, when I saw Ki-Adi Mundi I thought it was Scarecrow from Wizard of Oz. And the Luke/Shan set has an X-Men feel to it. :P
« Last Edit: September 25, 2008, 10:39 PM by Jayson »

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: September 25, 2008, 10:39 PM »
The luke in spy gear looks pretty kickass..but is that the wrong saber again? lawl

and is it just me or does wedge have the training gear clone legs :-\ the bothan looks wierd and the sand people beside looks crappy. Good thing I have decided to skip most comic packs this year. The luke/blonde chick set is a maybe all the others are a pass.
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D:

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #112 on: September 25, 2008, 10:44 PM »
The luke in spy gear looks pretty kickass..but is that the wrong saber again? lawl

and is it just me or does wedge have the training gear clone legs :-\ the bothan looks wierd and the sand people beside looks crappy. Good thing I have decided to skip most comic packs this year. The luke/blonde chick set is a maybe all the others are a pass.

Hard to tell from that pic, but Luke's lightsaber looks correct, but until I see it in stores, I won't hold me breath. As for Wedge, I thought the same thing when looking at the legs, they sure look like the Training Clone sculpt

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: September 26, 2008, 12:30 AM »
I like the Luke set.  Ki-Adi-Mundi is that you?  WTF?  That is a crazy outfit.  I will add Borsk just because I want a figure of him.  Wedge is what I thought it would be like. 

Did they really not add knee articulation to poor Vos?  I will probably still buy it because of the headsculpt and I'm a sucker for camo-troopers.  I haven't decided on Dark Empire yet.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: September 26, 2008, 10:29 AM »
Yeah, the Ki Adi Mundi is pretty wacky. Not too sure about the bottom row. My initial reaction is, ewww!
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #115 on: September 26, 2008, 11:39 AM »
Ki Adi Mundi reminds me of one of the 70's McDonalds characters:

O.K. sets, I wish it was a pilot Biggs instead of a useless Academy outfit. The Bothan is really silly looking, I never got the appeal of Bothans. I like the Luke/deena set the best. This will be great for custom fodder......
I agree it does appear the Biggs has the Training Clone/Crimson empire legs.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2008, 11:42 AM by JACKOFTRADZE »
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #116 on: September 26, 2008, 12:10 PM »
Wedge is a huge letdown for some one who has long just wanted a good pilot Wedge.  The headsculpt doesn't look that great for headswaps, either.  All of them are kind of blah to me.   :(

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #117 on: September 26, 2008, 12:22 PM »
I don't remember Shared Hett being those colors.  :-\
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: September 26, 2008, 01:05 PM »
I'm so freakin' army building that luke/deanna set, finally an actual rebel soldier, that actually looks like a soldier.  As much as I want RFT's, Hoth troops, Endor troops NEWLY sculpted with SA articulation, they've never struck a cord with me as being soldiers in an army in another galaxy that has had armor wearing troops for thousands of years.  At least these stealth outfits make sense in the SW universe.

wedge/feyla-those aren't clone legs those are SW Power Ranger legs  :P  Feyla looks like he's sporting Fisto's legs in a different color.  They look alright I'll get one and throw the Wedge head on the Pilot from the Evo Pack until H gives a Wedge pilot.

mundi/hett-Hett looks to be sporting the same arms, legs & skirt as his son.  Mundi looks to have his same legs as the original, intresting that he's sporting a purple blade must've borrowed Mace's.  Look's like the mask on Hett is removable too, way to big for a scuplted head.

faie/Vos-What the heck is up with no knees on Vos, and why if this is his Jedi outfit does he have a holster/blaster?  I wish H would throw some Fisto or Hett legs on him, despite inaccuracies and with the holster it's already inaccurate anyway so might as well go all the way and at least get some articulated knees out of it anyway, then have those unbending sticks.

clone/luke-looks like a flashback to Saga collection w/luke in that action pose and flowing cape still.  wish they'd have fixed that.  But it's still a buy.

Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: September 26, 2008, 02:51 PM »
Finally saw the Imperial Knights and Cade Skywalker with Darth Talon today.  Of course the Cade & Talon set DIDN'T have the lightsaber, so I passed.  And of course I'm continuing to pass on the Marvel sets.  They just don't cut it for me.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback