Author Topic: Legacy Collection Comic Packs  (Read 214058 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: Legacy Collection Comic Packs
« Reply #135 on: October 20, 2008, 09:34 PM »
As per our front page, we have new pics up of the next Comic packs...

Hell I haven't found the last two waves!

Here are thumbnails... 

Luke Skywalker & Clone Emperor

Commander Faie & Quinlon Vos

Head on out to our front page to check them out.  These should be out here in the semi-near future.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: October 21, 2008, 01:26 AM »
Definitely picking up the Vos set.
I remember my dream now.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #137 on: October 21, 2008, 02:20 AM »
Yeah the Vos set is a no-brainer...  I'm torn on the DE set though.  I like Palps but not Luke so much.  I'll probably buy it, but I'm definitely becoming more selective.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: October 21, 2008, 09:12 AM »
I opened up the Imperial Knights set last night. Awesome figures. I wish they'd make the female one now.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: October 21, 2008, 09:30 AM »
I opened up the Imperial Knights set last night. Awesome figures. I wish they'd make the female one now.

I agree, this set is excellent. Articulation is great, sculpt is awesome. I bought 3 sets of this. the extra two for headswaps. I've got enough rebel troopers and such that a headswap should be easy. I totally agree that we need the female version of the Imp Knights as well.

As far as the Vos and EU Palps sets go, I'll get the Vos set for sure. I'm not all that into the EU set. I"ll wait to see better pics and ones that explain the articulation to determine if I'm going to buy it. For now I'm thinking no on the Palps/Luke set though.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: October 21, 2008, 12:05 PM »
definite on both sets.  Probably trade out the legs on Luke w/Vader legs, that stance is rediculous.  Let's give him artic. knees & ankle but spread his legs out so far that he's doing splits  >:(.  I'll use Palps as a young Darth Sids.  I know the skin/hair color follows the comics but I think it'd be better if he were more normal ala Palps/Sids from TPM.

Vos/Faie what can be said Jedi + Clone=cool - artic. knees on uber cool Jedi character = custom
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline Keonobi

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: October 21, 2008, 12:10 PM »
I like the Vos and Faie pack.  I'm not so big on the Dark Empire pack.  How close is the Faie Figure to the Kashyyyk Trooper we got in 30AC, and then repacked in the GH line for Legacy?  The helmet is removable, right?
I am not the Stig

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: October 21, 2008, 12:13 PM »
I like the Vos and Faie pack.  I'm not so big on the Dark Empire pack.  How close is the Faie Figure to the Kashyyyk Trooper we got in 30AC, and then repacked in the GH line for Legacy?  The helmet is removable, right?

Yup, that's why the lens look so damn huge.
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: October 23, 2008, 09:21 AM »
Opened the Talon/Skywalker set last night. Well made figures and I have to admit I got enthused about them after starting to read the comic issue that came with the knights set.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: October 23, 2008, 11:38 AM »
I received the Talon Karrde/Grand Admiral Thrawn and Prince Xizor/Princess Leia comic packs yesterday, and I think they're pretty nice sets.  I have to admit that I haven't yet read the whole SOTE/Prince Xizor storyline, but his figure is pretty well done.  The Leia is just so-so, nothing too exciting to me really.

The Heir to the Empire pack, on the other hand, is a real winner in my opinion.  I never had the previous Thrawn, and was waiting for this one, and I think its a great figure overall.  Just how I pictured him when reading the books.  Talon Karrde is very well done too.  I guess, aside from a few comics, that the Thrawn Trilogy is really the only EU I've read (and really enjoyed) so that may be why I like this set so much.  I hope we see some more comic packs based on this storyline in the future.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: October 24, 2008, 09:18 AM »
Opened up the Leia/Dala pack. Eh. They're okay.

Offline Keonobi

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: October 24, 2008, 09:23 AM »
I like Mandos, and like the two sculpts, but when I saw the two Marvel Mando packs at Target I just couldn't buy them.  I thought people were being a bit harsh saying they looked terrible, but they kinda do.  If they repainted these, the way they toned down the Luke and Han as Stormtrooper packs, I might revisit getting these, but as of right now I am not getting those two.
I am not the Stig

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: October 26, 2008, 10:30 AM »
I opened up the other Mandalorian set yesterday, the one with the purple Dengar. Nice Mandalorian, but the purple Dengar is just ridiculous. I always enjoy the comics though.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2008, 10:31 AM by Darth_Anton »

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: October 26, 2008, 09:31 PM »
I opened up the other Mandalorian set yesterday, the one with the purple Dengar. Nice Mandalorian, but the purple Dengar is just ridiculous. I always enjoy the comics though.

I kind of like the purple Dengar.  The Marvel figures are neon-bright, but I kind of like that versus the more subdued colors we normally get.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: October 27, 2008, 09:18 AM »
In my continuing effort to get through my "to open" pile, I finally got to the Anakin/Durge, asajj/Korr packs. Both are well Done. Sometime I think the put more effort into the comic pack figures than they do the basic figures. Sometimes.