Author Topic: Legacy Collection Comic Packs  (Read 214097 times)

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Legacy Collection Comic Packs
« Reply #165 on: November 20, 2008, 11:54 AM »
I found three of these sets. Still need the White Vader set.

I bought two of the Thrawn/Kardde set.

I'm using the second set for customs. That Thrawn figure is excellent. THAT is how all of the Imp officers should have been done.

Now if Hasbro would just reuse the mold in olive drab and grey, then reissue it with different ranks (commander, captain, LT), we'd be set.

One thing I REALLY wish Hasbro would do is be CONSISTENT with the head "balls." It would make it immensely easier for quick head swaps. At least in the case of human/close humanoid male figures who don't where helmets. All those heads are relatively the same size, so the neck posts should be as well.

Just my two cents.

Oh an trachta IS cool. But no knee articulation...bad Hasbro, bad!
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #166 on: November 20, 2008, 11:26 AM »
Actually the uniform (the body at least) isn't accurate for Imp. Officers in the films...  It's great otherwise though, and really the arms/legs are perfect for, hopefully, some generic army building officers down the road...  I'd especially like to see some in black at some point, beyond the guy in the Endor pack we just got.

But yeah, THrawn's good except the torso is all...  I didn't recall his character's outfit opening in the middle in drawings of him, but whatever.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: November 21, 2008, 01:28 PM »
I just chalk that up to him being a Grand Admiral, nicer/different uniform.
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: November 21, 2008, 01:34 PM »

If you have a spare TAC Death Star Trooper, you can do an easy no-paint-kit-bash with Trachta, and make him look a little more Imperial too.  Only takes about thirty seconds to do!

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: November 23, 2008, 02:40 PM »
The Leia from the Xizor pack has my vote as the biggest hunk of **** ever.

Way worse than monkey Leia.

That thing looks like a midget made from room temperature sculpy.
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #170 on: November 23, 2008, 03:01 PM »

What's sad is that Hasbro can sculpt excellent figures like Padme or Ahsoka which have petite physiques, but Leia looks like she packing 20 extra pounds of water weight in her cankles. Plus, she has those horse**** preposed arms. They easily could have repainted the arms from Fireside Padme to polish this turd a little bit.

The 80's Jane Fonda/Olivia Newton John attire doesn't do much for her either. Throw some leg warmers on there and douse her in water and we'll have the perfect Flashdance figure.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2008, 03:03 PM by Jayson »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: November 23, 2008, 09:15 PM »

What's sad is that Hasbro can sculpt excellent figures like Padme or Ahsoka which have petite physiques, but Leia looks like she packing 20 extra pounds of water weight in her cankles. Plus, she has those horse**** preposed arms. They easily could have repainted the arms from Fireside Padme to polish this turd a little bit.

The 80's Jane Fonda/Olivia Newton John attire doesn't do much for her either. Throw some leg warmers on there and douse her in water and we'll have the perfect Flashdance figure.

I'm hugely dissapointed in that Leia figure.  I know they are comic packs and sometimes articulation/sculpting is limited due to cost, but the "skin" parts actually look thicker than the "clothed" parts, which is a little ridiculous.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #172 on: November 24, 2008, 12:29 AM »
I picked up Grandma's Tractor comic pack set (well technically it was picked up for me).  It's a nice set but Grandma's Tractor needed more articulationf or sure, especially considering you're getting dicked over by another Vader figure (that you own 3000 of already).  No knee joints blows on that figure.

I'm probably going to get a 2nd set to customizing just like CHEWIE did...  I don't mind the sculpt by any means, but the lack of articulation there just sucks so badly, and seems to me that Hasbro fed us a total line of bull**** on "increasing articulation with the price hike" on the comic sets.  Some are great, others...  Not so much.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: November 24, 2008, 11:51 AM »

Try swapping the leg sections for other Imperials with his. I have not looked myself, but they might be work.
I have been told to go to hell; well at least I will know everyone there!

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #174 on: November 24, 2008, 12:15 PM »

Try swapping the leg sections for other Imperials with his. I have not looked myself, but they might be work.

Look up six posts  ;)
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: November 24, 2008, 12:53 PM »
I agree Jesse, the Vader in this set is a kick in the nuts.  If they needed to do a repack to justify their costs, it would have been nice to see a Stormtrooper instead.

And there are some great sets in the Comic Pack line, but I'm getting fed up with any figures these days not having knee articulation... looking around the line, there's some good figures that could have been a lot better had Hasbro added some movement to the knees.  Mon Cal Warrior, Quarren Soldier, and a lot of Clone Wars figures come to mind.

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: November 24, 2008, 01:33 PM »
Still looking for a white Vader if someone has an extra they don't want...

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #177 on: November 24, 2008, 01:53 PM »
Travis,

I'll get you on that...  I sorta wanted Leia, but not the white Vader, so if you want we'll split the set and I'll send you the white Vader?  Just PM me to let me know if it's a deal and include your addy so I can just ship it out as soon as I find one.  Was on the fence about the set and you're helping me cave to get the Leia. ;D

CHEWIE, yeah I am disappointed in Trachta only because they SAID they were increasing the price to make articulation more conistant, and then they bailed on that basically.  When you get that Vader, again, for the umpteenth time, the figure is 100% profit to Hasbro practically, so was tooling some articulation in the knees really that hard?  >:(  That is the kinda stuff that reminds me that Hasbro can and will dick you over.

The CW wave was pretty great and I liked those warriors, but I agree...  And again I feel some "neutral" posed feet WITHOUT ankle articulation is the way to go, so you get the knee joints.

The trainee Clone from last year is a case of how Hasbro can truly dick you over on no ankle articulation but knee articulation.  If they sculpt the ankles flat/neutral though, and give the knee joints, the figure works out fine I've found.  Trachta is a prime example though of lacking knees hurting an otherwise outstanding figure...  While I like those CW troopers, they too are the weakest of their wave due to this point.

At least Trachta is an easy enough fix I guess.

There are amazing comic packs though, so credit where it's due...  The Imp Knights set, and I think the storyline is lame even, is outstanding...  But really again they got twice the use out of the mold tooling basically.  The Leia/White Vader set is practically gravy for them.  All those lame Marvel sets are gravy for them.  And they do love to repack repack repack in the comic line making up all those "costs" of new toolings, not to mention I don't look at the comic packs and think they're much more of a value than basic figures, at least not anymore.

Ah well, at least there's a lot of good, just that there's equal bad with the comic line...  I find the basic line to be much better overall than it had been since really 2005.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2008, 01:59 PM by Jesse James »

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: November 24, 2008, 05:43 PM »
scored me Luke/Emp at Target. 3 Peg full of Imp Knights, the Mando twins, even a Swan set and right in front in all it's glory Luke/Emporer. Haven't opened yet literally just got back from lunch/Target and am back at work. Luke wide stance is about the same as the 30AC Rebel Sentry/Endor Vanguard so it's not too bad, but that capes got to go. Didn't realize it before but it's a DE2 comic that it comes with. Lukes face looks old, but that just might be the mold or just mine. The one from the Evo looks better.

Side note they had the Yoda Cruscant/Obi 212th packs on a end cap under the Joe UBH display with 2 clones from each pack missing, about 5 pack total.  I thought to myself that it seemed wierd and I could've sworn that there were 4 clones per pack.  Antway walked over to the actual SW isle, where I found my comic pack  :grin:, and there was a Yoda pack with all 4 clones.  I walked back over to the endcap low and behold same pack.  I told a CS girl that happened to be walking by, at first I don't think she believed me but when I showed her the other box that had all the clones in it she was "Oh my gosh" like. 

All that and I originally went in there for ant spray.
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #179 on: November 24, 2008, 06:08 PM »
Luke wide stance is about the same as the 30AC Rebel Sentry/Endor Vanguard so it's not too bad

That sounds fixable with a boil and freeze then...  Thanks jp.  I'm less disappointed in that then.  I'd like to see the wide stances end, but that seems unlikely at this point in time with Hasbro.