Author Topic: Legacy Collection Comic Packs  (Read 214069 times)

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
Re: Legacy Collection Comic Packs
« Reply #300 on: March 20, 2009, 10:15 AM »
I've been seeing a lot more of the newer/WM exclusive Comic Packs lately

These haven't even hit anywhere near Los Angeles yet.

First time that has happened.  :o

Not really. WM has been really horrible about getting the exclusives to our stores. One of the three here in the Valley never gets them at all.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Online GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: March 20, 2009, 10:38 AM »
I've been seeing a lot more of the newer/WM exclusive Comic Packs lately

These haven't even hit anywhere near Los Angeles yet.

First time that has happened.  :o

Not really. WM has been really horrible about getting the exclusives to our stores. One of the three here in the Valley never gets them at all.

We have numerous WMs in MN that don't get any of the exclusives. It's really annoying.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: March 20, 2009, 10:43 AM »
WalMart sucks ass.   >:(

...and on an unrelated note - I picked up a set of the new comic packs at Target yesterday.  I vowed to stop with these things, but I just can't stop for some stupid reason. 
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: March 20, 2009, 01:16 PM »
It's called addiction, LOL.

I have it too.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: March 20, 2009, 01:59 PM »
WalMart sucks ass.   >:(

...and on an unrelated note - I picked up a set of the new comic packs at Target yesterday.  I vowed to stop with these things, but I just can't stop for some stupid reason. 

In my area, Wal-Mart kicks ass.  All the stores seem to do quite well in stocking their exclusives, receiving the new waves first, etc.  Plus their prices are usually a little cheaper than everyone else.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: March 20, 2009, 02:14 PM »
WalMarts here in MN are generally filthy and full of immigrants (not that there's anything wrong with that, I guess)  Employees are no help and like Nick said - we rarely get exclusives....and what's up with the greeters?  Nasty ass old people or the paraplegic?  Ick.. WM's were great in Vegas when I lived out there, but I guess it's all in what part of the country you're in.

Refer to the WM bingo card if you please.   :)
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: March 20, 2009, 04:16 PM »
Yeah, I think a lot of it's relative to the area, or district.

There's really only one Wal-Mart in my area that I would say is behind the times, and it's a pretty far drive from most of civilization actually.  It's pretty small and dated.

Offline AmanaMatt

• Youngling
  • Breakdance Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: March 22, 2009, 04:46 PM »

Picked up the new Amanin warrior set  - first comic book 2 pack I have liked since wave 1's han & luke...since memeber name is Amanamatt, of course I am all over any new Amanin type figure. Not like Amanaman sold well when he hit years back, but hey, I am not complaining. As you can see, this is way larger than any previous version of an Amanin figure. The modern Amanaman was pretty much dead on scale.....

« Last Edit: March 22, 2009, 04:49 PM by AmanaMatt »
Waiting for you in my special place...

Offline Kendo Benobi

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: March 23, 2009, 08:58 PM »
Has anyone picked up the Wedge/Borsk comic pack? If you haven't, be forewarned. It's not so good.

Wedge has the proportions of a orangutan. His arms are too long and his legs too short and bent into an awkward pose. He can't even stand up straight. What happened? How did this make it past Quality Assurance? Sheesh.   

Borsk on the other hand, our very first Bothan.... the species that stole the plans for the second Death Star... looks about as fearsome as well, apparently a Bothan. Gigantic head. And his hiked-up tunic looks odd unless he's posed in a running position.

Total C- on this comic pack. I was really looking forward to it but it's just not right.

So, this got me to thinking about Mon Mothma's line about "many Bothans died bringing us this information blah blah blah..." As it turns out the Bothans were rather clumsy and prone to fatal accidents and that this was an inside joke and the entire Rebel briefing erupted into laughter. 

I understand now why the Bothans didn't appear in the film.   

Offline Theta 288

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: March 23, 2009, 11:08 PM »
Has anyone picked up the Wedge/Borsk comic pack? If you haven't, be forewarned. It's not so good.

Wedge has the proportions of a orangutan. His arms are too long and his legs too short and bent into an awkward pose. He can't even stand up straight. What happened? How did this make it past Quality Assurance? Sheesh.   

I also noted that the Luke with Shan has like two molds, one with the mid body like Leia with Xizor comic pack, along with the huge head lol!
Others seems not to be that bad.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #310 on: March 24, 2009, 09:46 AM »
I didn't realizew the Amanin was that big. I need to get that right away..only if my walmart carried exclusives.  ::)
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: March 25, 2009, 03:33 PM »

Borsk on the other hand, our very first Bothan.... the species that stole the plans for the second Death Star...

Mmmmm.... the species who thought they stole the plans when in actuality Palps let them have it so they'd plan an attack and arrive in time for the waiting ambush.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Keonobi

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: March 25, 2009, 04:00 PM »

Borsk on the other hand, our very first Bothan.... the species that stole the plans for the second Death Star...

Mmmmm.... the species who thought they stole the plans when in actuality Palps let them have it so they'd plan an attack and arrive in time for the waiting ambush.
Well, that's what he wrote on the reports afterward anyway...  "yeah, I let them have the plans, that's the ticket!"
I am not the Stig

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: March 30, 2009, 10:19 AM »
I noticed something interesting about the Vakil Pilot figure - he's got a new lower torso which makes the SA X-wing pilot figure taller, like it should be. Looks like this figure can be used to make non-Luke sized Pilots. Yea!
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #314 on: March 31, 2009, 03:16 AM »
I noticed something interesting about the Vakil Pilot figure - he's got a new lower torso which makes the SA X-wing pilot figure taller, like it should be. Looks like this figure can be used to make non-Luke sized Pilots. Yea!

I think that the entire figure is new. The arms are longer that the VOTC Luke and the shoulders have a much more rounded ball-joint. The torso seems has the larger ball joint head and the hose attaches under the arm, which is different from any of the pilot figures we have so far. It looks different than Luke's and the Evolutions' sculpt.
"This is the way."