Author Topic: Legacy Collection Comic Packs  (Read 215034 times)

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
Re: Legacy Collection Comic Packs
« Reply #315 on: March 31, 2009, 10:25 AM »
The arms aren't really new, the shoulders have just been modified, sanded down. The upper torso is totally new though, good catch.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2009, 10:27 AM by Darth_Anton »
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: March 31, 2009, 03:57 PM »
Any reports of the new wave hitting TRU yet? 

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #317 on: March 31, 2009, 04:06 PM »
If by "new wave" you mean the Wedge/Borsk, Luke/Deena, Ki-Adi/Hett packs then yes, they have been found at Walmart, Target and TRU at this point.  In fact, I think TRU was first to get them in most areas...

In stores, it seems everyone have found the Wedge and Ki packs, but not the Luke/Deena one so far.

I haven't heard too much about anyone finding any of these in store.  What retailer are they showing up at?

TRU.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: April 1, 2009, 10:19 AM »
They hit TRU were around here a month before they hit at Target.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: April 1, 2009, 10:40 AM »
I got the Wedge & Borsk Fey'lya 2-pack the week of Toy Fair at TRU.  That wave has been out there, but not in serious quantities.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: April 1, 2009, 11:13 AM »
Yeah Jeff, those are the ones I'm talking about.  I still haven't seen them in Dallas, and I'm holding out for TRU since I've got this $20 giftcard left over from buying RE5.

But if they've been around for that long I guess I'll pick them up wherever I see them, if I see them.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #321 on: April 2, 2009, 01:34 AM »
Aldi's, a discount grocery chain that is near Pittsburgh (no idea if it goes much further any other direction) has comic packs advertised this week for $9.99.  Weirdest place I've seen comic packs advertised.  They supposedly go on sale tomorrow, so I'm gonna pop in maybe Friday on my way through...  I'm curious just to see what they may get.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: April 2, 2009, 10:07 AM »
All the love for the Anamin character in the comic pack left me wonder what the deal was, until I read the comic. Those characters were awesome.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: April 4, 2009, 09:04 PM »
The comic that came with Tank and the Amanin warrior was definitely one of Dark Horse's better efforts in the EMPIRE title.  I would've like to have seen a little more articulation in the Amanin, but it's a pretty good figure considering the price point.  But the sticking point for me with this set is the color of Tank's uniform.  The concept behind a UNIFORM is that it helps a military unit achieve a UNIFORM appearance.  His uni doesn't match any of the other Imperial officers in terms of the coloring.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline commandernarra

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: April 4, 2009, 11:45 PM »
The comic that came with Tank and the Amanin warrior was definitely one of Dark Horse's better efforts in the EMPIRE title.  I would've like to have seen a little more articulation in the Amanin, but it's a pretty good figure considering the price point.  But the sticking point for me with this set is the color of Tank's uniform.  The concept behind a UNIFORM is that it helps a military unit achieve a UNIFORM appearance.  His uni doesn't match any of the other Imperial officers in terms of the coloring.

Here I was thinking the same thing. If they colored Tank the uniform Imperial gray, I would've bought at least 6 of these sets...
His coloring is interpretive of the comic, which everyone complained about on the Marvel sets, but seemed to give this one a pass ???

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: April 5, 2009, 11:14 AM »

His coloring is interpretive of the comic, which everyone complained about on the Marvel sets, but seemed to give this one a pass ???

Not everyone complained about the coloring. Including me.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: April 5, 2009, 11:31 AM »
The coloring kind of bothers me, but I can live with it. The rank bothers me more. I acquired a second one via trade and painted his uniform black to add variety to my troops. If I could match the grey well enough, I might modify a third, rank and all.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: April 6, 2009, 10:58 AM »
I noticed something interesting about the Vakil Pilot figure - he's got a new lower torso which makes the SA X-wing pilot figure taller, like it should be. Looks like this figure can be used to make non-Luke sized Pilots. Yea!

I think that the entire figure is new. The arms are longer that the VOTC Luke and the shoulders have a much more rounded ball-joint. The torso seems has the larger ball joint head and the hose attaches under the arm, which is different from any of the pilot figures we have so far. It looks different than Luke's and the Evolutions' sculpt.

Turns out, you're more right than I was. Scum did a more detailed review and determined that you have better eyes than I do. Seems the lower legs are new as well.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: April 10, 2009, 09:35 AM »
I see RS has a new rumor list up for some upcoming Comic Packs, including one with Camie and Fixer.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: April 10, 2009, 10:39 AM »
Yeah, but they're from Empire.  :(