Author Topic: Legacy Collection Comic Packs  (Read 214023 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: Legacy Collection Comic Packs
« Reply #375 on: July 22, 2009, 03:27 PM »
I think you can blame the Vong on the art...  He's pretty true to who Kyle's kicking the crap out of in the comic they're from.  Kyle is almost a fan wank, as they're really trying to deliver EU in the comic packs from various sources other than comics.  Kyle looks like this in that comic, however his other EU established that he has "aged" by this point.  He had grey in his hair before the NJO era if I'm not mistaken.

I think this set's mostly about just getting a Vong army builder to people, and resclpting Kyle without taking him away from his true origins in terms of look and things.  This is complete Video Game Kyle, probably because the Artist didn't know any better, and I think Hasbro jumped on the chance to update the character.  I'm pretty ecstatic.

I thought the Vong looked good but I thought they wore helmets and things too.  It is what it is...  I didn't think they looked much different than this.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #376 on: July 22, 2009, 04:50 PM »
Yeah, but here's the thing about most SW design: it makes sense.  I think Katarn looks alright, but what purpose does that big turdy shoulder pad have?  It's just silly looking, and would look assinine on a real actor.  That's the type of thing that comic artists draw for the sake of drawing.
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: July 22, 2009, 05:16 PM »
Without getting into the whole Star Trek/Vong, people hate EU thing again. As much as I am a huge EU and Vong fan I really am disappointed in the Vong fig. Something about it just isn't what I had hoped for. I can't put my finger on it.

I have to agree, seems too muscular or something... like a He-Man figure.  I'll get a couple I'm sure, but I don't dig it as much as I had hoped I would.

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: July 22, 2009, 07:01 PM »
*GASP* Comic packs that actually have me excited?!? Routine Valor 212th troops, Kashyyyk Troopers, Tholme, Blackhole Trooper... it's awesome!

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: July 22, 2009, 08:52 PM »
Those comic packs don't look too bad.  I'm happy to see we're getting essentially an Utapau trooper in that one pack, since that is one figure that I always thought should be repacked into the Legends assortment since it is really the one we see the most of in ROTS, and it was somewhat short lived on the pegs during the TSC days.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #380 on: July 22, 2009, 09:56 PM »

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2458/3747018873_8ea141daac_o.jpg

I don't get it.  A repaint and two accessories is a "comic pack" now?
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #381 on: July 22, 2009, 10:00 PM »
They will not let go of the Blackhole thing.......please let this concept get lost in a blackhole.

If they are going that route how about an office Palps with some of those statues.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: July 22, 2009, 11:32 PM »

Yeah, WTF is this?  I thought the trooper looked cool, but I'm not paying $14 for him and two pieces of crap.  Boo.   >:(
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: July 23, 2009, 01:17 AM »

Yeah, WTF is this?  I thought the trooper looked cool, but I'm not paying $14 for him and two pieces of crap.  Boo.   >:(

Don't forget the 20 pages of crap that's in there with it!
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #384 on: July 23, 2009, 02:26 AM »
That one's confusing me too.  That's the kind of **** they can keep, especially with comic packs jacked up in price too.  I have no idea what it's from, and I'm just as glad since it makes ignoring the accessories easier.

Very lame.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: July 23, 2009, 12:28 PM »
Wow, some really good stuff and a stinker or so.

Tholme/T'ra Saa SWEET!!! I've wanted these figures. Glad to see them in a comic pack.
Blackhole Stormie/bulbous thingy... PASS. Not really diggin' this set and it's NOT worth the scratch. Make this a single carded fig with the bulb as an accessory, and it's a sell.
Kashyyyk Clone Commander/Clone okay cool. Noth thrilled with the set, but I'll bite on one. They'll look good with my other Kasyyyk troops.
Utapau Lt. Clone/Grunt Clone Nice, I'll bite on this set. Prolly get 3-4 sets of this since I've got a rather large Utapau army of clones. (No joke, I've got over 130 Utapau clones.)
Ulic Qel Droma/Exar Kun SWEETNESS!!!! I've wanted those characters for awhile now also. It's a buy for me!
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: July 23, 2009, 04:36 PM »
are the rifles on the U. clones new or are they just the Evo. mold?  Something about them looks different, maybe just me.  Definately be getting these, especially the U's cause I got known of them.  Just hopefully the ankle joints aren't orange like the Airborne were cused with.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2009, 04:36 PM by jedipurge »
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #387 on: July 23, 2009, 05:21 PM »
I am not digging the sculpts of Exar & Droma, after years of waiting I am not impressed by either figure. I wonder if we will see better shots of the Cammie/Fixer pac and the DE Wookie/Alien in the powerpoint for future sets as we saw a few months ago.

The only set shown thus far that I am digging is the Traa/Tholme pack.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: July 24, 2009, 04:38 PM »
knew that rifle mold was different, too ba d it sucks.

http://photos.sirstevesguide.com/showphoto.php?photo=32241
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #389 on: July 24, 2009, 04:45 PM »
Ooohh... looks like a Walmart exclusive Dllr Npe & Plourr Ilo comic pack is coming this Fall!  I loves me some more Rogue Squadron Comic Packs!  :)
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender