Author Topic: Legacy Collection Comic Packs  (Read 215163 times)

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
Re: Legacy Collection Comic Packs
« Reply #405 on: August 11, 2009, 01:41 PM »
I cracked open the three new Comic-Packs last night. The only one out of the six figures I'm really happy to have is Sigal Dare. The rest, I'm sure I'll get some affection for once I read the included comics. Well done figures though.

DA - did you find these at Target or Wal-Mart?
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: August 11, 2009, 03:03 PM »
I cracked open the three new Comic-Packs last night. The only one out of the six figures I'm really happy to have is Sigal Dare. The rest, I'm sure I'll get some affection for once I read the included comics. Well done figures though.

Is the Darth Krayt figure good? he doesn't seem to be SA (no ankles?), and his mask looks too big. Wouldn't it have been better (and even easier for Hasbro) if the figure came with an alternate head? Oh, well.........hopefully we get Darth Wyyrlok soon!
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: August 12, 2009, 11:16 AM »
Found the comic packs at Target.

As for Krayt, no articulated ankles. Is he good? Having not read the comic yet for reference, he seems alright.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: August 12, 2009, 09:14 PM »
Has anyone scored that new Luke/Lumiya set? And is Lumiya the same color as in the comic...Hasbro said that they would do her that way.

And one question regarding Lumiya (I thought I'd put it here since I'm already talking about her). Luke shoots her ship down, and she's severly injured, which is how she becomes a cyborg. But in the Essential Guide to the Force book, with Luke and Vader on the cover, Lumiya is shown with Vader, and she's being treated by a medical droid. In this pic her body appears whole, even her arms, which are described as cybernetic in many novels, look real - is she a cyborg in this picture? How come she appears relatively unharmed? Did Vader and the droids fix her cybernetic body up to look real? Or is she still 100% organic here?  ???
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: August 12, 2009, 11:21 PM »
There's a prototype image of Nom Anor in the new issue of ToyFare (#146).  According to the article, he's due out in a comic 2-pack that should be in stores in Fall '10.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: August 12, 2009, 11:54 PM »
Has anyone scored that new Luke/Lumiya set? And is Lumiya the same color as in the comic...Hasbro said that they would do her that way.

And one question regarding Lumiya (I thought I'd put it here since I'm already talking about her). Luke shoots her ship down, and she's severly injured, which is how she becomes a cyborg. But in the Essential Guide to the Force book, with Luke and Vader on the cover, Lumiya is shown with Vader, and she's being treated by a medical droid. In this pic her body appears whole, even her arms, which are described as cybernetic in many novels, look real - is she a cyborg in this picture? How come she appears relatively unharmed? Did Vader and the droids fix her cybernetic body up to look real? Or is she still 100% organic here?  ???

That's actually addressed in the novels.  Not sure which picture you mean, but her cybernetic parts are made to make her look like she doesn't have any physical damage.  She uses a lengthy process to hide her head wounds as well and is something of a master of disguise further down the road.  They even talk about her ability to use the force to cloud how others perceive her, so that she can move around in public without showing any kind of disfigurement.  The figure, I think, is meant to be her cyborg self after being shot down and trained by Vader.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #411 on: August 13, 2009, 12:56 AM »
I bought this figure on RS boards for $5 shipped. It's a nice figure and looks close to the pilot figure facially. The body has a lot of cybernetic detail and the exposed face shows a Terminator-esk look. Worth getting even if you are not into EU stuff.

I really want the Luke from this set, I just missed them at my Target today as I found the remnants of repacks.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: August 13, 2009, 08:02 AM »
 r=Nicklab link=topic=17765.msg440092#msg440092 date=1250133694]
There's a prototype image of Nom Anor in the new issue of ToyFare (#146).  According to the article, he's due out in a comic 2-pack that should be in stores in Fall '10.
[/quote]

Now that is good stuff!!!!!! Bring on Nom!!!!!
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: August 13, 2009, 10:12 AM »
Nom Nom Nom!
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: August 13, 2009, 11:23 AM »
Anyone have that magazine?  I'd love to see a scan of it.

Offline darthjaybay

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: August 13, 2009, 02:54 PM »
I wonder what happened to the Visionairies Darth Maul, shown in the insider last fall?  Really looking forward to that figure!

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #416 on: August 13, 2009, 03:34 PM »
I wonder what happened to the Visionairies Darth Maul, shown in the insider last fall?  Really looking forward to that figure!

I think he is set for a 2010 Comic pack with an Older ROTS Style Obi-Wan. I have a friend in the industry who saw a line list, but I do not want to become Rebelscumish and start rumors. I think Hasbro did confirm he is a comic pack figure in a Q&A. Can anyone else confirm that?

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #417 on: August 17, 2009, 03:11 PM »

I think Hasbro did confirm he is a comic pack figure in a Q&A. Can anyone else confirm that?

From Q&A @ JTA - "We now have more information on the timing of this set. Due to a crowded Fall 2009 comic pack schedule, this pack has now been slotted in with the first wave of 2010 which should be on shelf approximately January/February.  Since it is still so far off, we don't want to confirm the figures in the pack except to say that your guess on one of the characters is incorrect."

Since we didn't see a BorgMaul comic pack at SDCC, either it wasn't ready to make it's debut yet or maybe it got bumped again to later in 2010 like the Fixer/Camie comic pack...
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
2010 Comic Packs
« Reply #418 on: August 18, 2009, 09:13 PM »
I'm just posting it here to separate it from the 2008-09 Comic Packs thread.

The upcoming Darth Nihl/Deliah Blue seems weird to me. Why not Wolf Sazen in Deliah's place?  ??? Maybe a Jariah Syn/Blue set would have been better? Hmm, Hasbro?
And wattabout the KOTOR set including Jarael? (Looks pretty frickin' good!)
AND has anyone noticed that the cyborg Darth Maul as seen in Visionaries wasn't shown in the SDCC 2009 presentation??!!  :o

The fans respond!  8)

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
Re: 2010 Comic Packs
« Reply #419 on: August 18, 2009, 10:50 PM »
The upcoming Darth Nihl/Deliah Blue seems weird to me. Why not Wolf Sazen in Deliah's place?

She has big boobs and is more popular than the other characters. I am sure the others you mentioned will come out. I can see Syn with that Cowardly Lion Jedi as a Comic pack.

The KOTOR sets does look great! I am pissed they pushed the Norhogi set & Cammie set for the friggin Blackhole Stormtrooper and Clones sets. Talk about bull****. I think everyone has had their fill of Blackhole deco.