Author Topic: Legacy Collection Comic Packs  (Read 214854 times)

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
Re: Legacy Collection Comic Packs
« Reply #420 on: August 18, 2009, 10:53 PM »
I just took a peek at Nom. He looks like the aliens from they live when Piper put on those nifty shades.
I personally do not get the appeal of that character but to each his own. Any guesses on who he will come with?
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Online Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: August 19, 2009, 12:25 PM »
Could someone recap for me which comic packs have shown up in the last few weeks?  I've been out of the loop collecting-wise with the move and think I've heard rumblings of a new set of 3 showing up at Targets, and a set of 3 more walmart exclusives showing up  Is any of that accurate and if so which packs are out now?

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: August 19, 2009, 12:27 PM »
That would be...

Kyle Katarn & Yuuzhan Vong
Darth Krayt & Sigel Dare
Luke Skywalker & Lumiya

I haven't heard anything about the WalMart exclusive sets myself.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2009, 12:27 PM by Nicklab »
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: August 29, 2009, 02:15 AM »
Looking forward to the Nihl/Deliah set. HOPEFULLY Nihl has more articulation than Krayt ... will the Sith Emperor be displeased?  ??? Really disappointed with the Krayt figure. And to me Sigel Dare is just okay as well. The Luke/Lumiya CP is better.   ::)
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #424 on: August 31, 2009, 12:22 PM »
Looking forward to the Nihl/Deliah set. HOPEFULLY Nihl has more articulation than Krayt ... will the Sith Emperor be displeased?  ??? Really disappointed with the Krayt figure. And to me Sigel Dare is just okay as well. The Luke/Lumiya CP is better.   ::)

Yeah Krayt was a let down. I am going to add a black wash to the armor to punch out the detail and add make him more accurate. His hands suck Bantha Balls. One is distorted from the rubber band and the other is open so once you remove the rubber band he can no longer hold it.

I really like the Sigel Figure but the other Imperials knights look mismatched next to her. I hope they reuse that body again and use the metallic red on the male body. It would be an easy update to head swap. Better yet if they rerelease that comic pack and update the paint instead of reissuing the Marvel duds.

Can this be a Q&A question?

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: September 15, 2009, 06:55 PM »
Have the WalMart exclusive packs been found yet?
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: September 15, 2009, 09:30 PM »

The date that's shown on the Hasbro slideshow for these sets is September 1st.  But I find that really hard to believe because we've just been bombarded by new WalMart exclusives over the past few weeks.  And the best one, the AT-ST, hasn't even hit yet.  I suspect that the comic packs may ship at the same time as the AT-ST, which is slated for October 1.

Feedback

Online Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: September 15, 2009, 10:04 PM »
I haven't even seen the latest wave...

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: September 15, 2009, 10:10 PM »
I only just saw the Luke & Lumiya pack for the first time this morning.

Feedback

Offline Theta 288

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: September 15, 2009, 11:03 PM »
I got these few weeks ago, the only ones in my whole area, haven't seen since that again...

Kyle Katarn & Yuuzhan Vong
Darth Krayt & Sigel Dare
Luke Skywalker & Lumiya

I skip the sharad/A-mundi pack-Wedge & soem repacks from ANH.

I maight travel far east to see my luck this weeken hope to see some new c-packs or something cool.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: September 16, 2009, 10:17 AM »

The date that's shown on the Hasbro slideshow for these sets is September 1st.  But I find that really hard to believe because we've just been bombarded by new WalMart exclusives over the past few weeks.  And the best one, the AT-ST, hasn't even hit yet.  I suspect that the comic packs may ship at the same time as the AT-ST, which is slated for October 1.

Yeah, I hope these are delayed. Evo packs and Comic packs, both with Army builders, in just one month is just killer.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: September 16, 2009, 09:19 PM »
Yeah, I hope these are delayed. Evo packs and Comic packs, both with Army builders, in just one month is just killer.

I hear yeah - but then that just backs them up against the Geonosis Arena sets over at Target. Some people might be army-building some of those sets for the Battle Droids....
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: September 23, 2009, 01:56 AM »
I wonder when we'll get Wolf Sazen ... you know Hasbro's probably making him somewhere in a secret bunker under top surveillance without telling us fans. And a Jariah Syn would be welcome. And Darth Wryylok. I wouldn't mind a Darth Maladi vs. Shado Vao pack from the Vector arc of Legacy.
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #433 on: September 23, 2009, 11:37 AM »
I got the Luke/Lumiya pack a few days ago and finally popped it open.  The Luke headsculpt is probably the best one to date as far as likeness...and I promptly put it on the VTSC Luke Bespin...the improvement is amazing.  I'll try and get a shot tonight

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #434 on: September 28, 2009, 05:43 PM »
I got the Luke/Lumiya pack a few days ago and finally popped it open.  The Luke headsculpt is probably the best one to date as far as likeness...and I promptly put it on the VTSC Luke Bespin...the improvement is amazing.  I'll try and get a shot tonight

That's funny I did the same thing earlier this month when I got it. I did the same thing with the Hand Endor BP head, I put it on the VOTC body and man what a difference. Lando also got upgraded to the Smuggler head. I will be doing the same thing the Resurgance of the Jedi Luke. I want to update my X-Wing, Yavin and Stormie Luke.

Who ever has been sculpting has been doing a bang up job. The Han Endor BP, Lumiya Luke, Frigate Leia, Smuggler Lando etc has finally nailed the likeness of the main heroes. Even the Obi Wans this year have been solid.