Author Topic: Legacy Collection Comic Packs  (Read 215062 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: Legacy Collection Comic Packs
« Reply #435 on: September 30, 2009, 04:50 PM »
A couple new pics of the Rogue Squad pilot, Plourr Ilo turned up, and are on the front page, just click the thumbnail below!

She's bald, she's bad, she's another cool pilot figure.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline JES

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: September 30, 2009, 06:40 PM »
Kayne would approve.

Excuse me but...

Plourr Ilo is the best figure ever!!!

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: October 10, 2009, 03:51 PM »
I'm pi$$ed ... I CAN'T FIND THE 3 NEW COMIC PACKS!  >:( All my Target stores have on the pegs these days is the Admiral Thrawn and Prince Xizor packs, which, quite frankly, I really don't need (or at least I think I don't need). *Sigh*  :( Well, still in search for Luke/Lumiya and Krayt/Sigel Dare  ::) ... don't mind too much if I miss the Kyle Katarn pack ...
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: October 10, 2009, 06:47 PM »
Yeah, where the hell are the new comic packs at?  All I ever see it Amananman and that crappy officer. 

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: October 10, 2009, 09:40 PM »
I've only been seeing the comic 2-packs at TRU.  That's where I scored mine.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline commandernarra

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: October 10, 2009, 11:51 PM »
Wasn't Hasbro saying how happy they were with the success of these a year ago. What the frig happened. The upped the price so were to get more new and articulated figures. Now there impossible to find in the States, dropped as a line altogether over here, and a reissuing the lousiest choices. Add to that a few new packs which again have nothing but repainted friggin clones. This was a great source of EU, but I think it'll be dropped midway through next year. Sales, y'know and all that  ::)

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: October 11, 2009, 12:20 AM »
You know what figure I would like to see in the CP line one day...

ASAJJ VENTRESS!!! (from Obsession #5). :D Although it's another Asajj, in this comic she's wearing some sort of medical suit completely different from her usual outfits (NOTE: she wears this after Anakin drops her off a freakin' skyscraper on Coruscant). She's just a hot mess! She has all these tubes hanging off of her, and even one of her eyes are cybernetic. I would post a picture or make a link to a pic, but I don't know how to  :( (can anybody briefly explain?) This would also make a perfect opportunity for a SA Asajj since we've never gotten one - the TCW figure, which is probably the most articulated Asajj we have, only has 12 points of articulation. 
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #442 on: October 19, 2009, 03:13 AM »
So I've gotten the three comic packs recently... 2 from Hasbro and 1 from a lucky find at a WM, which are seemingly getting some Comic packs in again.

Anyway, this is easily the weakest wave of comics...  The winner is who we'll start with...

-Katarn/Vong...  Being a biased Dark Forces/Jedi Knight fanatic, I can honestly say I was giddy getting a new Kyle.  What's nice about this Kyle is he's a good base for customizing.  It'd be super easy to make a Dark Forces one actually, especially if you have a handy Indiana Jones (with coat) around.

The Vong is a nice Vong army builder, and he's a generally nice figure.  Big, well sculpted, super articulated, very menacing looking. 

This set really is ideal for the comic packs line I think.  It delivers a lot.  Kyle's not perfect, he lacks ankle articulation and his stance is a tad wide, but neither is a deal breaker.  He's a decent figure for sure.  Overall this was a must-have set for me, and I'd like 2 more please! :)

-Lumiya/Luke...  This set I admittedly am not as into because I don't like Marvel and their storylines...  To be honest, I think they're some of the lamest EU in existance, so I have some knocks against this off the bat.  That said, I think both figures are quite nice and well executed.

Luke's got some parts sharing with past figures I believe (Jedi Luke legs in particular), and I think he's a nice post-ROTJ Luke overall.  It's actually Luke in a new outfit, and I find that a little refreshing, honestly. 

Lumiya is different and comes with 2 heads, which is nice.  I like the laser whip, and I like that LUke sports two sabers.  I'm pleased with the set then in that both are nice enough figures, but the source material means absolutely nothing to me, so the figures mean very little to me ultimately.  This is then the 2nd favorite in the wave, to me.  I rank it where I could've passed on it, but probably wouldn't have wanted to.

and the loser...

The LEgacy Krayt/Imperial Knight set...  The chick Imperial Knight is interesting, and I liked the 2-pack of Imperial Knights as well.  I really find their characters quite cool, and the figures have been executed quite well.  It's again where I think the source material lacks any zing to me, so I'm a little less interested, but I'm willing to see how it "mixes into my other stuff".  It's not like the Marvel things where some of them just didn't fit in, ya know?

But that brings us to Darth Krayt...  Who is probably the lamest looking character I've ever seen.  The sculpt is, I'm sure for what he is, pretty intricate.  There's also some nice paint aps there, and he's articulated well.  I just think he's one of the dumbest looking characters I've ever seen, and so I'm very uninterested in him, and can't really fathom where he's going to go on my shelves.  So that leaves me sort of regretting this set as a purchase.  The Imperial Knight's a nice figure and goes with the other two.  They make neat figures, they display and blend in with other stuff ok enough.  But Krayt is like a turd in a punchbowl.  He's really not my cup of tea.

So that's basically 2 sets I could've passed on and one I want extras of.  That's only happened one other time with comic packs, when the Marvel sets with the Mandalorians came out.  And I passed on them happily.

I really like the Dark Horse stuff better...  I could stand to see less Legacy though, if Krayt's any indication of the character design overall (I know he isn't, so I could probably handle more LEgacy stuff.  Lots of it really is quite nice...  just not Krayt...  at all).

I'd like to see more Zahn Trilogy stuff, Rogue Squadron, Crimson Empire (not even my favorite but I'd take stuff from it), Dark Empire (again, not stuff I liked a lot), Boba Fett series, and Shadows of the Empire as well.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #443 on: October 19, 2009, 11:33 AM »
Jesse, I have to respectfully disagree with this wave being the worst comic wave ever, those are coming on the horizon with yet another Shadow-BlackHole-Misty-Black Stormtrooper coming. I felt the last batch was the weakest in terms of characters. (I do not know about you but I was not itching for Wedge Antilles in a steakhouse waiter outfit or Ki-Adi-Mundi in his 70's McDonald Character hat) In general I agree with most of you other comments on these sets.

I know he is not your cup of tea but Hasbro really dropped the ball on Darth Krayt: Armor deco, open hand pose, missing tattoo's on his face, shoulder armor popping off too easily. They missed so much detail and left much to be desired from a pretty kick ass Sith Lord. He wields two sabers yet they gave him an open hand??? WTF?  The sculpt was not very detailed and was sloppy, you can tell it eas rushed, it was very apparent. I like Sigel but the bright red metallic armor sticks out when compared with the first two Imp Knights. I prefer the bright armor look more but with CP's heartbeat flat lining a rerelease of the first two like this is now out of the question.

The Luke is actually pretty cool for a for a kit bash but his head sculpt is what made that set for me. I bought three of them and sold off the Lumiyas so I was able to upgrade my VOTC Luke Bespins heads to this much better sculpt for free. (The old VOTC Luke head looks like Luke was a beat up melted mongrel). I did not care for Lumiya but the figure was well done in terms of accuracy/detail. You nailed the Vong pack flaws and it was a good set.

It's a shame what happened to these sets when you take a step back in retrospect. They went too overboard with lame obscure characters that became hit/miss packs:

Wedge:Bad, Bothan:Good
Shared Hett:OK but useless, Ki-Adi with McDonalds 70's hat:OK but useless
Deena Black outfit:Good, Luke in black outfit: OK but useless with a bad headsculpt
Rereleasing all three again - STUPID MOVE!
The original Marvel packs: Dumb to begin with but releasing them again - SUICIDAL to this SKU.
Xizor & Leia: Nice set that they produced too many which clogged pegs. (The curse of Xizor lives!!!)
Talon Karrde & Thrawn: Nice set that they produced too many which clogged pegs.
The two series of Wal-Mart sets overall have been pretty dumb. They should have put some more desirable figures in there to drive the demand at the biggest retailer which would have extended the life of the line. C'mon who the hell wants a bald chic and an old Nien Numb pilot? More Shadow Scouts? A bug eyed Battle Droid with yet another Imp officer in a green outfit? These choices were just dreadful. The Ewoks were great, the first alien pilots were a nice novelty and the Amanin set would have been great had they made Tank in a grey clean imp outfit.

Hasbro really is to blame for messing the Comic packs up to a large degree for the character choices but the price hike also put a toll on the value/appeal of the sets, I do not blame them for that everything had to go up in price. I really hope we see the Cammie/Fixer, Norogi/Wookie packs get released from the pixeled picture that leaked they looked pretty cool. I was also hoping to get at least two more SOTE sets (Dash/Leebo, Guri/Snoova) but that seems like a stretch. At least Snoova was on Hasbro's wish list and Dash/Guri made the fans choice poll so it might not be that dire for them. After the Tholme/Tra Saa pack hits soon all the of the major CW EU Jedi have been made so I am happy about that.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2009, 11:37 AM by JACKOFTRADZE »
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: October 19, 2009, 11:43 AM »
I got the Luke/Lumiya pack a few days ago and finally popped it open.  The Luke headsculpt is probably the best one to date as far as likeness...and I promptly put it on the VTSC Luke Bespin...the improvement is amazing.  I'll try and get a shot tonight

I finally spotted my first one of these this weekend.  At a K-Mart.  It was nearly $16.00.  Given that these have been out for over a month and it was the first time I've seen it, I went ahead and overpaid.

So I've got the Lumiya pack, I've got the Vong pack, and I still haven't seen the other one.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #445 on: October 19, 2009, 01:48 PM »
I really hope we see the Cammie/Fixer, Norogi/Wookie packs get released

I'm not holding my breath waiting for those sets since we might not even get to the seven sets that were scheduled to arrive before them...

At SDCC, they listed 5 of the 7 as being due in "September" but I don't think there is any place out there that is even taking pre-orders for them yet.   If no one is taking pre-orders, that means Hasbro hasn't solicited them yet.  If Hasbro hasn't even solicited them, that's not a good sign for the long-term future of this line.  :-\

Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #446 on: October 19, 2009, 07:26 PM »
Comic packs are few and far between here in AZ, i thought it was going tobe easier to find stuff out here, no luck yet.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #447 on: October 19, 2009, 11:26 PM »
I really hope we see the Cammie/Fixer, Norogi/Wookie packs get released

I'm not holding my breath waiting for those sets since we might not even get to the seven sets that were scheduled to arrive before them...

At SDCC, they listed 5 of the 7 as being due in "September" but I don't think there is any place out there that is even taking pre-orders for them yet.   If no one is taking pre-orders, that means Hasbro hasn't solicited them yet.  If Hasbro hasn't even solicited them, that's not a good sign for the long-term future of this line.  :-\

Good points, that's not a good sign at all. I hope at the very least the next wave makes it out which I think will given the long lead time for production that is needed. They will be a bitch to get but would be a good way to end if the series is indeed doomed. The only thing at least in Chicago is the pegs are pretty bare sans remnants of the repacks. This will make a a good Q&A question to find out what really gives.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: October 20, 2009, 06:47 PM »
I would love to have Camie/Fixer but doubt we will ever see them.  They are whining enough about Legacy sales and can't see them sending those 2 figures out to retail.  Maybe we can hope for an exclusive?

Offline Adam_Pawlus

• Jedi Initiate
  • I hate baseball
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: October 20, 2009, 10:09 PM »

Agrievous.  I was a little surprised these didn't show up in the last round of solicitations that we posted, I find it surprising that there wasn't a rush to get more clone repaints in the marketplace.  That seemed like a solid addition to the assortment, if two characters you've never heard of are a tough sell, I have to assume 2 clones for $13 is a slam-dunk.  I was actually looking forward to the little Blackhole-- the clear dude, not the Stormtrooper.  Maybe it'll show up later... or at Wal-Mart.
--AP
16bit.com - Webmaster, Editor, Contributor
Entertaiment Earth - Marketing, Merchandising, Podcast
Galactichunter.com - Q&A, Figure of the Day, News