Author Topic: Legacy Collection Comic Packs  (Read 214099 times)

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
Re: Legacy Collection Comic Packs
« Reply #615 on: February 14, 2010, 11:02 PM »
Thanks Jeff, I knew I could lean count on you.

I've got another pile of B.A.D. parts piling up that I'll send you for your trouble. :)

If I'm reading it right, there are three that were flat out canceled and may be released later on, 5 that are still coming to regular retail, and 2 that are still coming to only Walmart, and two that have gone on to become convention exclusives.

Insane.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2010, 01:34 AM by Rob »

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: February 15, 2010, 01:24 PM »
I'm somewhat pleased in a strange way that the CPs are going. With the current state of Legacy and all, there's no way the CPs would have survived. Hasbro severely screwed themselves when they decided they would make Leia/Xizor packs and all that jazz. And plus, it's also a small blessing - w/ the Vintage Collection coming out, Hasbro is really coming back.
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #617 on: February 15, 2010, 02:36 PM »
Maybe I am the only one but I really liked the Xizor Figure pack. There were far worse packs then that one.
I am looking forward to the last of the packs and it's a shame they had some nice stuff on the horizon. These will make great convention exclusives so it's not like they are totally kaput. The conventions really compliment the concept.

I have the new Tra'Saa figure and she is a really great figure!
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #618 on: February 16, 2010, 01:39 PM »
If I'm reading it right, there are three that were flat out canceled and may be released later on, 5 that are still coming to regular retail, and 2 that are still coming to only Walmart, and two that have gone on to become convention exclusives.

Correct.  Walmart ones should be hitting soon, the regular ones should be hitting in March/April.

I've got another pile of B.A.D. parts piling up that I'll send you for your trouble. :)

Thanks!  They boys will love more I'm sure...
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #619 on: February 27, 2010, 09:13 AM »
The final wave of Comic Packs is now up for pre-order at EntertainmentEarth.

Case Pack = the five new sets plus the three from the current wave

1x DH: Star Wars Tales #21: Kyle Katarn & Yuuzhan Vong
1x Marvel #96: Luke Skywalker & Lumiya
1x DH: Legacy #22: Darth Krayt & Imperial Knight Sigel Dare
1x DH: Tales of the Jedi Dark Lords of the Sith #6: Exar Kun & Ulic Qel-Droma
1x DH: Republic #65: Jedi Masters Tholme & T'ra Saa
1x Classic Star Wars Early Adventures #1: Blackhole Stormtrooper and Blackhole Holograph
1x DH: Routine Valor: 212th Battalion Clone Lieutenant and Trooper
1x DH: Republic #83: Bogey Squad Scout Trooper & Clone Trooper

Very tempting to just order a box and then be done with TRU/Target until August...

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: February 27, 2010, 09:28 AM »
I was thinking the same thing about ordering. All the pegs are full around here, so I can only imagine spending a lot of effort tracking these down if I don't.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #621 on: February 28, 2010, 05:57 PM »
Out of the eight packs, I really want five of them.  Two are ok...one's a complete pass.

Worth a pre-order for me.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: March 1, 2010, 09:29 AM »
I really only want even though I have no clue who they are:

1x DH: Tales of the Jedi Dark Lords of the Sith #6: Exar Kun & Ulic Qel-Droma
1x DH: Republic #65: Jedi Masters Tholme & T'ra Saa

If I see them at retail I will buy:

1x DH: Routine Valor: 212th Battalion Clone Lieutenant and Trooper
1x DH: Republic #83: Bogey Squad Scout Trooper & Clone Trooper

If I am lucky enough to catch them when they go up on HTS I will scoop the above 4 all up at the same time.

I already have the repacks and the Blackhole is a complete pass for me - so no pre-order here because honestly, I could probably live without scoring any/all of them.

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #623 on: March 2, 2010, 09:27 AM »
I preordered a case from BBTS last week. There is no way I am hunting down this crap in stores. Glad to see they are shipping more of the previous 3 hard to find CP's.

I am ready for the Vintage Preorders now......
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Adam_Pawlus

• Jedi Initiate
  • I hate baseball
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: March 2, 2010, 01:27 PM »
I am ready for the Vintage Preorders now......

Odds are that'll be sometime in (or after) May.
--AP
16bit.com - Webmaster, Editor, Contributor
Entertaiment Earth - Marketing, Merchandising, Podcast
Galactichunter.com - Q&A, Figure of the Day, News

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: March 6, 2010, 03:55 AM »
I really am surprised Hasbro laid off a slide dedicated to the remaining CPs for the Toy Fair slide show. Does anyone know when the remaining CPs will hit stores? Or are they internet exclusives (*ahem* like the failed EU of TLC)?
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #626 on: March 6, 2010, 02:35 PM »
Does anyone know when the remaining CPs will hit stores?

http://hanshideout.blogspot.com/2010/02/hasbro-star-wars-q-session-22.html

** Thanks for the interest and we glad to provide an update. Unfortunately, sales on the Comic Packs really fell last Fall, so the situation has become more dire. What *will* be released: the final Fall wave, shown last year at Comic Con, including the Republic Tholme/T'ra Saa pack, the Tales of the Jedi pack with Exar Kun/Ulic Quel Dromis, the Republic Kashyyyk "Bogey Squad" Clone pack, the Star Wars Early Adventures Black Hole Trooper/droid/Black Hole figure pack, and the Routine Valor Commander Cody Battalion pack. Look for this wave approximately March. The Spring '10 wave has been cancelled, which included the Legacy Delia Blue/Darth Nihl and Knights of the Old Republic Jarael/Rohlan Dyre. We will look to bring these two out in some format in the next couple of years.

The Wal-Mart Fall '10 Comic Pack exclusive assortment has shrunk to two: Star Wars Tales IG-97 and Rohm Moc, and Star Wars X-Wing Rogue Leader and General Weir. These two will be at retail sometime in February. The X-Wing Rogue Squadron pack with Plourr Illo and Dllr Nep has been pulled from the Wal-Mart packs and will be made available through another retailer or as an additional Convention item. It was pulled not to be an exclusive at the shows, but because of the subject matter. There will also be an exclusive Comic Pack debuting at both Comic Con and Celebration V this year. We have not announced them yet, but these will be revealed at Toy Fair.

Long story short = they should be out soon.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: March 6, 2010, 07:01 PM »
Has anyone found the WalMart exclusive sets yet? I know they were on eBay, so I guess what my question is - has anyone found them at a WalMart yet?
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: March 6, 2010, 10:45 PM »
Well, I'm glad that the CPs should be hitting this month. But I've visited all of my local Targets, and while the Basic Figures, Deluxe Figures, BPs, vehicles...etc. have ALL been restocked, the CPs is the only line on the shelves that remains in the blue/white packaging. I've long been looking for Krayt and Lumiya sets, but I doubt at this point that these new CPs will hit. Does anyone else know of stores that haven't restocked the red-packaging CPs? or is this situation unique only to my local area? I'm hoping that once the newer CP sets are released that the stores will restock w/ continuous flows of the newer sets.

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: March 8, 2010, 09:02 AM »
@Jabba the Slug

While I have neve done this you can pull a "jedi mind trick" on the Target stores in your areas inventory systems.  Buy up all the comic packs at the stores you visit the most and return them all at the one you visit the least.  Sure you will screw over one store in the process but that is the only way you are going to get new packs flowing to your stores - especially if you still have the blue/white packs...