Author Topic: Legacy Collection Comic Packs  (Read 214079 times)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Legacy Collection Comic Packs
« Reply #690 on: March 17, 2010, 08:47 PM »
Looked closer at several Rom Mohc's today and realized that I hate the figure even more than I thought I did.  Uses the ROTS Tarkin torso/arms, which is even more of a step down from Sunber.  Also all the ones I saw don't look too good in terms of head sculpt/paint applications.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #691 on: March 17, 2010, 09:10 PM »
Some random thoughts...

-First Hasbro's BIG on Rebel Pilots.  Too much too soon I would agree with (3 Evo sets, the comic packs), but Hasbro's backing Pilots as good sellers and easy sells to boot with the toolings being done.  Like I said before there's some high-ups at Hasbro that support Reb Pilots as well, and I partially think that's why we've seen SA sculpts, we're getting Da(c)k, etc.  They're likely to continue in some capacity. 

-The comic packs WERE dropped for their subject matter, and were already produced, so it's nice online outlets picked them up, as that was the only set of this assortment I really wanted.  I still don't know what the subject matter is that's raised eyebrows though, but I haven't read that story in years.  However, it wasn't just because WM decided Rebel Pilots aren't selling, which they sold out just behind the Ewoks from the last comic exclusives in my area, so it's not like all areas are backed up with those sets either.  That's a typical regional thing, as usual.  I haven't seen those for at least months, well into last year.  I haven't seen any of those exclusives in months at all actually, but the Rogue set and Ewoks sold fastest here because at the time I wanted more of the Rogue set and didn't get them. 

-Saw Weir/Mohc sets tonight...  I bought Mohc but to use him as a young Republic Mohc.  I've never read that storyline, but it sets it in the Rebellion era.  This is 100% wrong, and doesn't jive with Mohc and his age/look from who actually established him as a character (The Dark Forces game).  To me, the original material almost always trumps some later EU that tries changing it. 

For instance...  Rohm Mohc before the Battle of Yavin:

Mohc at the end of the Republic/Empire Origins era (I'm assuming):

That action figure looks NOTHING like either of these characters, unless you consider it's at least 10 years younger than that last figure, placing him in the days before (or at best) or during the Clone Wars.  That's uber lame of Hasbro.

Weir and his Trooper suck wang.  If any of you want to sell JUST Weir, I'll buy him off you so I can make a different figure of him.  Actually, if you want everything but the head/helmet and bandoleir, contact me.  We'll work something out.

Either way, both of those WM packs suck IMO.   :-\
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #692 on: March 17, 2010, 09:27 PM »
Also thanks to Adam for the heads up.  I put an order in for the comics rather than pissing around looking for them, and also added the Rogue Squad comic to my order, and a case of the EU figures to my order.  Big order, but it'll save me looking for most stuff now for some months.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #693 on: March 18, 2010, 01:32 AM »

For instance...  Rohm Mohc before the Battle of Yavin:

Just one minor correction Jesse.  This takes place shortly after the Battle of Yavin.

On another note....my order from EE has shipped!   ;D
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #694 on: March 18, 2010, 02:08 AM »
Well, yeah, technically it's all around the same timeframe of Yavin (some before, some during, some after).  I was thinking that shot with Mohc on the bridge of the Arc Hammer was during the DT's production with Vader watcing on though, thinking then that it took place right around the time Katarn was delivering the Death Star Plans.

I could be wrong, I don't recall the game's sequence of cut-scenes anymore.   :-\

Regardless though, that's clearly not the guy in the comic pack.  That's like 3x the guy in the comic pack, and a back of his head that when shaved would look like a pack of hotdogs.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: March 18, 2010, 03:24 AM »
I found the Walmart exclusive comic packs yesterday and picked them up.  They're kind of blah looking, but I had a feeling I'd regret it later if I didn't.

And I also put in a pre-order for the final wave of general release comic packs, hope it comes through.  Also thanks to Smash for the code.  By my math, with the $5 Hasbro coupons, I'd only save about $0.40 per set at retail over buying the case.  Plus I have the option to offload the three extra sets for at least retail to help offset the cost if needed.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #696 on: March 18, 2010, 03:31 AM »
You're going to feel buyer's remorse on Weir...  I seriously was torn at the store.  That's the first Dark Horse set I totally skipped.  I sat there mulling it over, and then finally I said to myself I couldn't justify it.

I'd like Weir's head, helmet, and bandoleir, but otherwise it's just a bad figure, with a bad repaint pack-in.  The final wave's Clone sets are better to me, as they're at least army builders to blend in with other movie Clones.  :-\

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #697 on: March 18, 2010, 11:52 AM »
Looks like the Dllr/Plo comic pack is now in-stock at EE as well.  Seems like the comic pack line is ending with a bang - 8 new sets hitting all at once.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #698 on: March 18, 2010, 03:37 PM »
I got my EE shipping notice yesterday for the final comic packs. I am really looking forward to Tholme!
Glad EE came through. Shame on BBTS, I will be shifting more biz back to EE going forward for coming through as they did.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2010, 03:38 PM by JACKOFTRADZE »
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #699 on: March 18, 2010, 03:50 PM »
Good news...  I got my pre-order in on both, so we'll see when they ship out I guess.  I was late putting in my orders for both those, so I'm sure I won't get them as soon as others, I'm just hopeful I'll get that case and that my Rogues show up with them.

I'll be thankful for that much less to look for too, between now and August.

Offline Adam_Pawlus

• Jedi Initiate
  • I hate baseball
    • View Profile
« Reply #700 on: March 18, 2010, 07:45 PM »
I got my EE shipping notice yesterday for the final comic packs. I am really looking forward to Tholme!

You know what's totally cool about Tholme? He has this swell cane.  I had no idea, I didn't see it in the pictures.  It has this birdlike grip on it, it's really sharp.  I think you're going to dig it, he translated well to plastic.

T'ra Saa (mine anyway) had a sort of a loose head.  But the sculpt is nice.
--AP
16bit.com - Webmaster, Editor, Contributor
Entertaiment Earth - Marketing, Merchandising, Podcast
Galactichunter.com - Q&A, Figure of the Day, News

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: March 18, 2010, 11:08 PM »
whoa - Dllr and Plourr already shipped out to me from EE - nice.   :)

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: March 19, 2010, 12:45 AM »
I got my shipping notice for my final wave of regular Comic Packs and my order for the Dllr/Plourr comic packs from EE over the last few days as well.

Now all I need to do is find the wave in stores so I can have a set to open.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #703 on: March 19, 2010, 02:16 AM »
I too got my Plour and Dllr set shipped to me.  Here's the funny thing though.  I used the $10 off (thanks again Smash), and I pre-ordered 2 cases from EE at the same time, so my comic pack came to $7.99, but then the $25 shipping charge I got hit with for my rather bulky order bumped that up to $32-ish. 

So basically I have a $32 comic pack coming till my cases ship. :P

The way it broke down just sort of made me laugh, but at least my cases will hopefully get here before too long (thanks to Adam for the heads up on the comic ones.  It gave me a last reprieve on those).

Also Tholme's cane isn't a huge thing for the figure, but kind of plays a cool part for the character in the comics, so it's really neat that he comes with that.  It's sort of important for HIM, is my point.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: March 19, 2010, 11:11 AM »
I got my shipping notice on the Dllr & Plo set also.  I may not have gotten my comic case order in in time, though.  I got a backordered message.  Have to wait it out.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"