Author Topic: Legacy Collection Comic Packs  (Read 214034 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: Legacy Collection Comic Packs
« Reply #765 on: April 1, 2010, 10:28 PM »
I would use the word abundant to describe the current WM packs...  Every WM I have around me has at least half the comic pegs packed with their exclusive assortment.  Others have nothing but those sets since they had only one or two sets left anyway, and pretty much skipped the last assortment (the Katarn/Vong, Krayt/Sigil sets, and so on).  Only Target got those in locally in any abundance.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: April 2, 2010, 07:02 PM »
I would use the word abundant to describe the current WM packs...  Every WM I have around me has at least half the comic pegs packed with their exclusive assortment.  Others have nothing but those sets since they had only one or two sets left anyway, and pretty much skipped the last assortment (the Katarn/Vong, Krayt/Sigil sets, and so on).  Only Target got those in locally in any abundance.

Must be nice.  I've only seen these at one store so far.   :-\
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #767 on: April 3, 2010, 01:06 AM »
Not really...  It's pretty prohibitive for the last wave of comic packs to get out now at WM, which was about the only place with pegspace...  And Target's had a back-up of comics for eons.  They got the Krayt wave in, but the repacks with that group seemed to back up pretty good.  They barely got the last wave in too, but enough to find it...  so I'm not too hopeful for the final wave to show there in any abundance either.  :-\
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: April 4, 2010, 02:12 AM »
After months of scouring my local Targets for the Krayt/Katarn/Lumiya CPs, I finally (FINALLY!!) scored the Kyle Katarn set at a local convention (not Target)! ;D I was a little upset that I couldn't find the other 2 sets, but oh well, this will hold me off until I can somehow get them!!

A point to note: has anyone noticed the 30th Anniversay logo the upper right hand corner of the comic cover?

I'm very surprised, considering that line was 3 years ago (already!)! But, also, on the inside back cover, there is an ad for the ESB wave (Wave 6?) of the TAC! Hasbro is just WAAY too behind!
« Last Edit: April 5, 2010, 03:22 PM by Jeff »
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: April 4, 2010, 12:41 PM »
It's too bad you had to go to a convention to get these. Hasbro toy shop has them in stock right now. They also have a 10% off coupon for all star wars purchases over $20. Use code sw2010.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: April 5, 2010, 03:19 PM »
I found both the IG-97 and Shadow Scout sets on Saturday. (I couldn't post before now since I was away for the weekend.)

Man, what a crock of a price at almost $15. These were supposed to be a value deal. I'm not at all entralled with the scout that has the red bandoliers. I'll keep the one I have, but I won't get a second set, though I'd like two more of the regular black scouts.

The IG-97 set is ok. I like the droid. I did buy two of this set for an extra imperial. I suppose I'll custom the other IG droid. Heh, I think the droid looks like a redneck battle droid. LOL
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #771 on: April 5, 2010, 04:15 PM »
I passed on the Scout set because it was just so bad and not worth $15. I loved the IG-97 set and if you have an extra Needa Rahm's head fits perfectly on it. The below pic is from my collection it's small but you can see in in the front row dead center. He looks great. I also swapped his hands to they also fit perfectly on Needa's  arms.

My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: April 5, 2010, 06:01 PM »
Those new Darktroopers look nice.

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: April 6, 2010, 12:26 AM »
I actually FINALLY got the Krayt/Dare set as an Easter gift! Boy oh boy, am I happy! These are impossible to find in the SF neck of the woods - the people I got it from said they got it from a Wal-mart outside of SF! 
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: April 14, 2010, 03:23 PM »
I saw a full set of the new Comic Packs at Target this morning and had to bite on the Stormtrooper/Blackhole set. I really loved that comic strip as a kid. This fits nicely into my niche collecting of offbeat Star Wars swag. Plus it's just nice to spend some money on a new toy for a change...seems like forever.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #775 on: April 15, 2010, 02:03 AM »
Well if anyone happens to see them and wouldn't mind picking up one of each for me I'd be most appreciative.  I've made the trek out to the burbs two weekends in a row without any luck and I won't be able to go for the next few.  I'm a little worried about the availability... being the end of the comic pack line and all I'm assuming they were produced in smaller numbers.

As much as I hate Wal-mart, not having one nearby is a pain in the ass for things like this.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #776 on: April 15, 2010, 02:31 AM »
I managed to score my last two comic 2-packs this morning at a local Target.  They had 2 of each on the pegs, so the pickings were pretty good.  It was good to see these show up, especially with them being the last mainline offerings of this line.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #777 on: April 19, 2010, 01:14 PM »
I got the last 3 I needed from HTS and they arrived on Saturday - Woohoo!  Nice to be caught up on something for a change.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #778 on: April 19, 2010, 06:55 PM »
If anyone is still after the Plourr Ilo and Dllr Nep Comic Pack, banthaskull.com is offering the set to members for $17.50 shipped in the US. The only catch is that you have to register to the forums, but I guess you don't have to use the account. Take advantage of a decent offer to save yourself some coin!

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #779 on: April 20, 2010, 02:23 AM »
If anyone is still after the Plourr Ilo and Dllr Nep Comic Pack, banthaskull.com is offering the set to members for $17.50 shipped in the US. The only catch is that you have to register to the forums, but I guess you don't have to use the account. Take advantage of a decent offer to save yourself some coin!

That's actually a pretty shrewd idea. Too bad I can't access that site at work.  >:(
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy