Author Topic: Legacy Collection Comic Packs  (Read 214065 times)

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Legacy Collection Comic Packs
« Reply #795 on: July 29, 2010, 02:13 PM »
Finally got a 2nd Darth Krayt/Dare CP for openers. I was surprised by the pristine shape of the packaging, and the box holding it was friggin' HUGE!! Gosh. There could have been a portrait in there. Very disappointed by the paint apps on Krayt. Overall, a very awkwardly-constructed figure. The paint apps on Dare's face have been revised for a crisper look.
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #796 on: July 31, 2010, 12:25 AM »
Even though I've little interest in that future era storyline, I got that Krayt and Dare set for $7 something at Target. Also got the Wedge and Borssk pack, too. I don't understand why they made that Wedge. A dress uniform from the Expanded Universe? Was that really something in demand, even by the EU fanbase? Borssk is okay, but I keep wanting to pose the arms like they have ball joints. Many Bothans arms popped out to bring you this post. (Okay, one Bothan's arms almost popped out.)

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #797 on: February 20, 2011, 01:23 PM »
Can someone fill me in on this thing?

Was it canceled or did I miss it?

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #798 on: February 20, 2011, 01:37 PM »
It was one of the cancelled sets.  It would have been in a future wave of comics packs, had the comic pack line lived.

Since they're basically repaints, no one is really clamoring for them to get made at this point, unlike some of the other cancelled comic pack figures (Nom Anor, Nohgri, etc).
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #799 on: February 20, 2011, 02:00 PM »
Perfect, thanks.  I figured they were canceled but since other canceled sets have made it out I wasn't sure if I could file this one under dead. 

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #800 on: February 20, 2011, 08:38 PM »
Even though I don't open my figures - I dug the white Vader for some reason.  This would have been a nice compliment in the comic pack line.  Oh well....
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #801 on: February 21, 2011, 04:27 AM »
At this rate, better the Han/Luke set was cancelled, since the upcoming TVC Bespin Han is loads better.
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline NightVyper

• Youngling
  • KAboom!
    • View Profile
    • adamgracia.com
« Reply #802 on: February 21, 2011, 07:50 AM »
i liked the new EE exclusive comic packs. I want to get the baron fel pack when drops in price to something reasoable.
Left Blank For Symbolism.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #803 on: February 21, 2011, 01:35 PM »
i liked the new EE exclusive comic packs. I want to get the baron fel pack when drops in price to something reasoable.

Save your money...it's a complete load of crap.  Check our reviews section.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #804 on: February 21, 2011, 04:47 PM »
HTS has several comic packs on sale right now for as low as $7-8.  Just a head's up for anyone looking to army build or fill in gaps.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #805 on: February 21, 2011, 04:50 PM »

Save your money...it's a complete load of crap.  Check our reviews section.

Thanks for the plug!

And yes, avoid it.  It's pretty horrible.  Other sets in the case were far better.  Even ones with characters I was completely clueless on were more appealing and I'm a big Rogue Squad fan.  :(
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline NightVyper

• Youngling
  • KAboom!
    • View Profile
    • adamgracia.com
« Reply #806 on: February 21, 2011, 08:49 PM »
I want the head from the baron. I repainted the original baron fel from the TAC comic pack in tie interceptor gear but i want the bearded head for it. I also wouldn't mind the black helmet.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #807 on: February 21, 2011, 08:58 PM »
The head's a lot to pay for one set, I hope you can get one cheap enough.  I wasn't even impressed with the headsculpt that much. :(  I always liked the cover-art of him in front of a TIE Cockpit with the kill markings on it and no beard.  That was always my preferred look of the character over how he appeared inside the comics I guess.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline NightVyper

• Youngling
  • KAboom!
    • View Profile
    • adamgracia.com
« Reply #808 on: February 21, 2011, 09:04 PM »
I am hoping to see it for like 10 bucks maybe less i don't think it is going to go anywhere. the mandalorian 2 pack is sweet tho, i bought a second one for modding.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #809 on: May 23, 2011, 02:16 AM »
As per the front page...

If you have a Ross Dress For Less nearby, they are getting the Plourr Illo/Dllr Nep Comic pack in at some or possibly all of their stores...  I picked a pack up Sunday for $5.99...  I'm hearing 1 pack per store though, so not maybe something that everyone will see.  One store I hit had none, one had one, so your mileage will vary if you have Ross stores near you.

For $5.99 though, hey...  Why not?