Author Topic: Who Is Not Buying?  (Read 29952 times)

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
Re: Who Is Not Buying?
« Reply #90 on: November 24, 2008, 11:05 AM »
I'm seeing the same thing. The Clone Wars product is moving, the Legacy Collection product is not. If I go to a couple of different stores, I can still grab most of waves 1 - 3 of the Legacy Collection. The only reason why Wave 4 is hard to come-by is because it's brand new. Give it another month and Wave 4 will be everywhere around here too.

In sharp contrast, the Clone Wars figures are pretty tough to come by unless you want R2, a Battledroid, a SBD or a Clone. Forget finding Asoka, Rex, Anakin, Obi-Wan or ANY of wave 3.

So yeah, I think the show is really driving the sales of this stuff. I saw a mom the other day buy her kid the General Grievous Starfighter. Smart move on Hasbro's part to re-release this ship, it seems to be that every episode Grievous is jumping into this thing to escape.

I bumped into confused Grandparents another day and they were looking for ONLY Clone Wars figures and the Clone Wars Anakin transformer.

I think the Clone Wars UBP is going to seriously out-perform the Sarlacc Pit set at Target too.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #91 on: November 24, 2008, 11:42 AM »
CW seems to sell well here too, however Legacy seems to get restocked more.  I frequent one WM and Target a lot these days near my gf's place, and judging by what I see the CW stuff isn't restocked as fast, mostly due to the aforementioned pegwarmers (R2, SBD, etc.).  The Legacy on the other hand moves well, however Wave 3 is pretty tough to find around Pittsburgh and Wave 4 hasn't been resighted since it's quick initial surfacing at Target stores.  Wave 1 and 2 are fairly abundant depending where you go, however the KM ad really cleared out any Legacy army builder...  It's down to mostly wave 1 and 2 pegwarmers.

And lots of Legends stuff, though not many SBD's and other army builders...  Mostly just the heroes/villains.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Rune Haako

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: November 24, 2008, 12:18 PM »
In sharp contrast, the Clone Wars figures are pretty tough to come by unless you want R2, a Battledroid, a SBD or a Clone. Forget finding Asoka, Rex, Anakin, Obi-Wan or ANY of wave 3.

I've not see one single SBD, but Anakin and Obi-Wan warm the pegs here.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: November 24, 2008, 02:56 PM »
I've not see one single SBD, but Anakin and Obi-Wan warm the pegs here.

I would have thought that too - but when I found Obi-Wan's Delta 7B this morning, I wanted to pick up an extra Obi-Wan to put at the controls of the ship and to my dismay, that same Target I was in did not have a single Clone Wars Obi-Wan figure. It had plenty of the Clonetroopers and SBDs, but no Obi-Wan.

Later in the morning, I went to a TRU and found the same problem.

I'm hoping when I try a WalMart on my way home I'll be able to pick up the Obi-Wan I want.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Rune Haako

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: November 24, 2008, 07:04 PM »
Well I did manage to find one single Super Battle Droid today! ;D
« Last Edit: November 24, 2008, 07:04 PM by Rune Haako »

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: November 27, 2008, 08:40 PM »
The CW stuff is indeed moving well here, but we're still seeing rather massive restockings of wave1/2 and not that much else.  I've found through wave 3 for my buddy in Japan, but I still have not bought a thing.  I was tempted to buy the clone armor Obi and the R2, but I opted for the legacy Obi (and I will ritually burn the old Obi clone armor from the battle pack that I wasted money on) instead. 

The cartoon has actually been quite good, from the 3 episodes I've seen.  I've still not seen the movie yet though, gotta wait for a $9.99 copy at Blockbuster before I'll justify it. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: November 28, 2008, 12:44 AM »
and I will ritually burn the old Obi clone armor from the battle pack that I wasted money on

We'll need pics!

« Last Edit: November 28, 2008, 12:44 AM by JesseVader08 »

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #97 on: November 28, 2008, 09:12 AM »
(and I will ritually burn the old Obi clone armor from the battle pack that I wasted money on) instead. 

Before you burn it, take the head off that old clone armor Obi-Wan from the BP and put it on the SA RotS Obi-Wan sculpt to get a decent SA Ep2 Obi-Wan.  ;)
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: December 1, 2008, 01:34 PM »
SA ROTS Obi?  Um, I'm not sure I own that figure.  Which line/figure number was that one?  I've been kinda passing on the prequel stuff of late too.  I do want to have a good representative of each figure for each movie for the most part so if that's a decent option, I can behead the Obi figure (and replace it with the other head) prior to the fire ceremony. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #99 on: December 1, 2008, 01:47 PM »
The ROTS Pilot Obi-Wan or the swimming 2007 Obi work for that Brent.  Thre's also the Mustafar duel Obi-Wan that used the same body with modified hip joints.  The armored Obi's head fits that body perfectly.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: December 30, 2008, 04:24 PM »
Well, now that we've seen the first few waves at retail, who is buying/not buying at this point?  Are you buying them all, just a few here and there, or avoiding the line altogether?  From the retail situation around here, it looks like someone is buying these, because they are nearly sold out all around town.  That said, the Legacy Collection seems to be doing ok too (and Star Wars in general this holiday season), but the CW stuff actually seemed to sell a little quicker - particularly recently.  Do you plan to continue buying?

Another question I had, and I didn't know if it would warrant its own topic, but do you think enjoyment of the series=collecting these figures?  I'm really taking a look at what I collect, and although I have been buying the CW figures, I'm wondering if I should drop the line (or at least cut down to just a few here and there, I want that upcoming Fisto/Padme/etc.)  I really enjoy the series, but I'm wondering if that is fueling my desire to buy the figures more than it should.  We have realistic versions of a lot of these characters, and probably/hopefully will see the others in the future.  Anyways, just wondering how many of you are enjoying the series, but avoiding the line.

Offline Oboewan

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: January 2, 2009, 02:47 PM »
I'm in the "like the show but not buying the toys" camp.  In fact... I haven't bought much of the Legacy stuff either but I'm looking forward to the aliens in W5!   I did pick up the lancer droid and hopefully will get the Magna Guards too (though I may wait until they re-release with a cape int 201X)
"Who is more the fool... the fool or the fool who posts after him?"

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: January 2, 2009, 06:55 PM »
I'm finding myself getting increasingly sucked into this line, although so far I've managed to stick to only getting Jedi and clones. I sure hope it can stay that way, because collecting has been expensive lately and because I'm starting to run out of space very quickly. :-\
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #103 on: January 4, 2009, 09:21 PM »
I love these and buy them all.  I've given up the comic packs and battle packs just to make things reasonable.  I really like the show, so picking a CW figure up instaed of a comic pack with characters I've never heard of is an easy choice.

While I don't think they get into the types of oddbal stuff they do in Legacy, I hope to see some less obvious choices in this line next year.  I'd love some of those Weequay Pirates!
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: January 4, 2009, 10:02 PM »
I'd love some of those Weequay Pirates!

Definitely! I can see myself army-building those. I really liked them in the show. 8)

Jawas first though. :)
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!