Author Topic: Who Is Not Buying?  (Read 30041 times)

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
Re: Who Is Not Buying?
« Reply #45 on: July 26, 2008, 09:15 AM »
I intended to buy some, particularly the big ships. When I sat there this morning looking at the behemoth boxes on pallets, I couldn't figure out where on earth they would fit in my collection space. I'm pretty sure I'll get one or both of them eventually, but the excitement to get them right away fizzled for some reason. And I am out for 98% of the figures- Bane and Yarna, maybe Ak. They have to fit in a theme I can display like cantina or jabba's palace. Everything else it out.

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 26, 2008, 11:29 AM »
I was so focused on Legacy stuff and ships last night, that I didn't even bother to look at animated stuff. I've resisted thus far and only have a slight inkling to get 3-4 figs from the animated line. Now that the Midnight madness fervor has calmed down for me, I'll rethink if I'm going to by any of the animated stuff at all or stick with just a certain few.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline no-wan

• Youngling
  • I Warn You Not to Under Estimate my Power !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 26, 2008, 10:38 PM »
Here's my hope to get list:

Yarna Dal Gargan
Leektar & Nippet
Imperial Engineer (several)
Grand Admiral Thrawn & Talon Karrde (2-pack)
Scramble on Yavin (BP)
All Evo sets
Spider Droid
A-wing
B-wing
BMF & AT-TE (if the price is right)

I hope nothing here goes very fast.. This has been a tough year !!
The New Sandcrawler Workshop

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #48 on: July 27, 2008, 01:33 AM »
I didn't buy, despite a slight urge to do so, and kudos to me...  :)

I'll have the AT-TE Clone (anyone want to buy another?) and Captain Rex mail-in, and I'm happy at that.

Now...  when IG-88 and Plo Koon show up, I must admit I'll buy both just for parts, and because 88 is such a cool looking design and almost a "new" unique droid in my eyes. 

That's it though.  :)  I passed through CW release without buying up animated figures.  I feel good on that.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth_Ice

• Banned
  • Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 27, 2008, 10:17 AM »

I'll have the AT-TE Clone (anyone want to buy another?) and Captain Rex mail-in, and I'm happy at that.

Now...  when IG-88 and Plo Koon show up, I must admit I'll buy both just for parts, and because 88 is such a cool looking design and almost a "new" unique droid in my eyes. 

That's it though.  :)  I passed through CW release without buying up animated figures.  I feel good on that.

I'm right there with you it was nt even that difficult.

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 27, 2008, 11:20 AM »

I'm right there with you it was nt even that difficult.

It could get tougher after the movie release- and the sales start to hit. But for now, no CW figures. No figures on CW packaging period.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 27, 2008, 03:38 PM »
I like the Dooku and Plo Koon the most - they've almost got me tempted to jump in, but at this point I'm still not doing it.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #52 on: July 28, 2008, 03:27 AM »
I'm getting IG-88 due to looking like a unique droid (so technically he's getting mixed into my basic stuff).  Plo Koon, I gotta have his gear...  I'm gonna get him, use what parts I can for customizing, but I want his saber gauntlet for my Plo Koon regular figure.

Hopefully that regular saber is realistic looking too.  I notice the Clone rifles have animated looks to them.

Anyway, good times... 
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 28, 2008, 09:06 AM »
I focused on the Legacy stuff this weekend as well, and pretty much passed on all the CW stuff.  Like others, I was tempted, more so after seeing some of the upcoming waves/figures (some of which do look pretty nice).  I did grab an Obi-Wan that I found earlier last week, and I got an Anakin this weekend to go with him - but that's it.  Oh, and I also received the mail away Rex on Saturday, so that's my three CW figures so far.  I have a feeling I might go back and get more of Wave 1 eventually, but we'll see.  Right now I'm more focused on the Legacy stuff, but then we'll see.  I definitely want that upcoming Plo Koon figure though, and some of the other stuff on the way looks neat.

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 28, 2008, 09:29 AM »
I wasnt planning on buying them all right away but the lack of Legacy figures anywhere in my area basically made me choose between repacked legends figures or new clone wars. I ended up buying all but the Rex figure (which I will eventually buy) and I am glad I did. The BD impressed me the most as I did not expect it to be such a good figure. Lack of knee joints sucks but it is still really cool and besides the head it fits in with the realistic figs fairly well. I might pick up another. Yoda doesnt look so bad in person and the clones are great. The only downer in the wave was the one I was looking forward to the most..grevious. I thought he would have more articulation but he does not. Still good for what he is though. I cant wait for wave 2 now or my mail away Rex...unless of course Hasbro forgets to ship them to Canada. As great as these figures are my main focus is still realistic though :)
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D:

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 28, 2008, 10:16 AM »
I am proud to say I didn't not buy any clone wars figures.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 28, 2008, 10:53 AM »
I am proud to say I didn't not buy any clone wars figures.

so you bought them all? ::)
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D:

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #57 on: July 28, 2008, 11:44 AM »
I am not ashamed to admit that I bought the CW Wave 1 figures.  :)

Before Toy Fair, I was pretty sure I was a "not buying" person for many reasons (cost, space, style, etc), but seeing them in person moved me closer to the "buying" crowd.  I waffled back and forth all spring (mainly a $$$ concern over the $8 price tag), but in the end I bought them and I'm happy with them.

If they were movie-style sculpts, I may have actually passed on them since we already have most of these characters.  Because they were animated, that gave them a "new and different" look that sort of appealed to me versus buying "just another Clone Gear Obi-Wan" or whatever.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #58 on: July 28, 2008, 10:02 PM »
I think if I had the cash, I'd have bought them too...  They're nice figures and I think Hasbro went the extra mile on most to appeal to both core audiences...  Action features mostly on accessories, etc.

I like how they look but at the price they're running it's just a whole new line.  If I had the cash, I'd buy GG stuff, SS figures galore, etc.  Just not in the cards for me if I want to keep up with Indiana JOnes too...  Maybe had Indy not been here?  Gotta distribute to what I like the most at this point.  Hell to be poor. :P

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #59 on: July 28, 2008, 10:34 PM »
If I had space, and cash, I would.  These are very nice and I do like the style of them a lot.  As it is, I've made sort of a iffy decision by deciding to collect on 3D clones that are original to the animation, such as Fox or Rex.  That came about after seeing the Phase 1 Cody.  I had Rex in the mail, and Fox is all kinds of cool, so I decided to do that.  No doubt Hasbro will eventually produce all of these in the movie style, but that will likely be years away and I don't know how interested I will be then in such things.  So I'll get the troopers, as well as versions of my favorites (Plo Koon!) and no more.