Author Topic: Who Is Not Buying?  (Read 29962 times)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Who Is Not Buying?
« Reply #60 on: July 29, 2008, 01:54 AM »
I like the Dooku and Plo Koon the most - they've almost got me tempted to jump in, but at this point I'm still not doing it.

I feel the same way Rob.  This line looks very cool... but I just don't want to get sucked in.  At first I hated the look of the figures, but some of them are growing on me.

I did end up getting Grievous, R2 and Obi Wan though.  Really, just for customizing purposes.  I was really disappointed in the Grievous however, that figure really just seems like a waste of plastic... the additional arms are nice, but the lack of articulation on the knees just seems cheap, and he's a lot shorter than I expected.  So, there goes my hope of trying to use him to make a version that I like.  Fortunately the ROTS one looks promising later on this year.

Obi Wan is really great except for the lack of articulated knees/ankes.  I'm thinking of using some other clone legs on him, and giving him a realistic head.  That ought to make him fit in better with my figures.

R2, I just got because he has cool gadgets... I'll probably grab 3PO later, and put the two of them on my office desk.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 29, 2008, 09:34 AM »
I've been tempted by these as well, and so far have picked up four of them (Mail in Rex, Obi-Wan, Anakin, and R2).  I think I'll likely get the rest eventually, but it depends on the funds at the time.  If I am into this line though, I'm definitely going to just do a "one of each" thing, no army building or any of that jazz.

Like Jesse and others have mentioned, I think this line might do pretty well.  I saw kids pretty psyched about it over the weekend as well (at Midnight Madness even, surprising to see so many kids out).  I went back to our local WM and TRU yesterday, and I couldn't believe how depleted they were.  TRU in particular had nothing as far as Hasbro stuff really.  No vehicles (new packaged ones anyways), two basic figures (two Clone Wars R2s), no Evolutions, Battle Packs, etc.  They had a few of the repackaged Galactic Heroes as well, but that was about it.  WM was sold through pretty well too, for only a couple of days on the shelves.  The "regular" SW section was completely wiped out, and there were a few basic figures left in the aisle display (with the Falcons/lightsabers).  They had two AT-TEs (and several Falcons), but the $20 vehicles were pretty much wiped out if they were new (they had the repackaged ones).  With the movie still weeks away, I'd say the line is doing well so far (Legacy and Clone Wars).

Offline Heart_of_Darkness

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 29, 2008, 08:03 PM »
I'll probably just buy the clone commanders and snag a few clones whenever I find them. I saw the new clone wars sw figures at comic-con and they didn't look that animated(well most of them). ::)

Offline skyward72

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 29, 2008, 08:12 PM »
I do like all these figures but I'm just buying the figures I like.  There are too many other things that are sucking up my collecting dollars.

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 29, 2008, 09:49 PM »
I caved in even more and bought a Commander Fox today, but that'll likely be it for a while.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 30, 2008, 10:54 AM »
Uh oh, I ended up with a free Holo Grievous from TRU yesterday... is this the start of a downward spiral?

There aren't really that many figures to buy, especially now that I'm not doing carded and loose...

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 30, 2008, 11:37 AM »

There aren't really that many figures to buy, especially now that I'm not doing carded and loose...

I don't know of very many figures that arn't either carded or loose. Does this mean you are not collecting ANY figures?
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 30, 2008, 11:41 AM »
It seems like more of us are getting tempted by this line now, or at least thinking about picking a few up.  I have five figures so far, three from Wave One (Anakin, Obi-Wan, R2), the mail away Rex, and Target's Commander Fox.  I opened the Wave One figures last night, and have to say they look pretty good.  Definitely look like the animation, and aside from the lack of knee joints, I don't really have any complaints overall.  I'm thinking I'm going to eventually pick up the rest of Wave 1 at some point, and I really like some of the figures coming up in future Waves shown at Comic Con.  Like I said, this is a line I don't intend to army build or buy extras with at all (unless in a BP), but the only problem I could see is if we start seeing 50+ figures a year in this line just like the "regular/Legacy" line.  I don't know that I can keep up with that.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 30, 2008, 02:22 PM »

I don't know of very many figures that arn't either carded or loose. Does this mean you are not collecting ANY figures?

No no, I'm not buying 2 of everything to keep both ways anymore, as in, I'd only need one of each.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 30, 2008, 03:27 PM »
You know, I hit up Target today to check things out - and even at the higher prices, these figures have sold through pretty well.  They weren't sold out, but the Clone Wars Animated figures were few and far between.  I saw a few Obi-Wans, 1 Anakin, and maybe a couple each of the basic Clone and Battle Droid.  I haven't seen Yoda, Rex, or Grievous since MM - and I passed on them then since I was spending enough on other stuff.  Its still the first week of the big launch, but at least around here, both the Legacy and CW stuff has sold quite well so far.

Offline Heart_of_Darkness

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 30, 2008, 05:26 PM »
I can't seem to find Commander Fox at my Target....all I see are like 20 R2 D2s. :-\

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 30, 2008, 05:41 PM »
I saw twelve at a target I went to at lunch today. It looks like a $13 basic figure didn't sell very well this time.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline smartsoccerbb

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 31, 2008, 12:23 AM »
I can't seem to find Commander Fox at my Target....all I see are like 20 R2 D2s. :-\

I know. I guess R2's aren't that popular, cause all the other figures were gone at my stores.

Offline Happy Noodle Boy

• Jedi Initiate
  • Anything worth doing is worth doing right!
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 2, 2008, 10:11 PM »
Extremely limiting myself this year. Some of the CW stuff looks good, but overall, a pass. I got 1 each of Obi and Anakin and 3 clones (oh and mail away Rex).

The Legacy stuff for the most part is uninteresting to me. Got an Obi in clone armor and both Rebel Pilot evos.

So.......that's it....no more of anything that's out for me unless I can trade for a Fox, but I'm not dying to get it. If I can, I can, if not, no worries.

Now if I can just find the B-wing pilot by himself...........

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 4, 2008, 09:40 AM »
A couple of times this weekend, I saw some kids going nuts for the Clone Wars stuff.  I think they are looking forward to the movie and/or series (if they even know about the series yet).  This stuff (as well as Legacy) continues to sell pretty well around here.