Author Topic: Who Is Not Buying?  (Read 29949 times)

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
Re: Who Is Not Buying?
« Reply #75 on: August 4, 2008, 03:19 PM »
Outside of x3 Holo Grevious's and the Clone pilot with the AT-TE I have not purchased any of the animated figures and I do not plan to. I may get sucked into the Plo Koon for the saber claw and Akosha for the Rota mini figure. they would be the only things to get me to buy them, cool pack ins.

It's hard to gauge because of the stores I go to seem to replenish the stock, I think the sales have been pretty good. Once the movie hits that will be the tell tale sign. Legacy seems to sell better so far.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Oboewan

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 8, 2008, 09:20 AM »
I've picked up the V-19, the ATTE, a commander Fox and a set of the 1st day sticker figures for the DCSWCC or possibly to keep.  At this point, I've decided I don't want the figures and will be sticking to figures from the legacy line for characters I don't have.

No more Clone Wars stuff for me!

"Who is more the fool... the fool or the fool who posts after him?"

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #77 on: August 8, 2008, 11:44 PM »
Jack, just curious, what do you do with 3 Holo Grieviouses?
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Heart_of_Darkness

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 9, 2008, 05:48 PM »
Jack, just curious, what do you do with 3 Holo Grieviouses?
He probably sells them for a jacked up price on ebay  ::) 

Anyway...I will only purchase figs that I think look awesome(obviously) although I probably will be sticking to collecting clone troopers and the various commanders.

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 16, 2008, 07:19 PM »
I've thought long and hard about this. I originally hated them...but now that I'm in that 'new movie' state of mind, they're growing on me. Well, that's a lie. The clones are growing on me. Obi-Wan, Grievous and friends are still lame. So I will happily pick up Rex, and I will happily pick up a dozen or so clones to fill up my AT-TE. Other than that, it looks like the vast majority of this line will be a pass for me. I prefer six boobied dancers and realistic-style Tarkovowsky (SP?) stuff to funky looking, action-feature infested toys from a 'movie' that will probably suck (sadly enough).

Anyways, that's my two cents.

Hmm...you know, now that I've seen the movie, I'm a little more enthusiastic about buying toys from it. I can definitely see myself army-building clones and battle droids, and maybe buying some other characters too. If it's any indication of how much more I like the figures after seeing the movie, I did rip open my 1st Day of Issue figures despite planning on finishing a carded set. :-X
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Force Guy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Nom nom nom
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 16, 2008, 10:30 PM »
No animated Clone Wars figures for me, thanks. 
Binders full of astromechs...

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #81 on: August 16, 2008, 11:17 PM »
I'm actually considering nabbing a grunt for the rocket launcher.  That's a nice CW Rocket Launcher (from the 2D cartoon) like the ARC team used.  I dig that, but yeah I'm not getting into animated stuff and I'm quite happy I'm not.  I saved a buttload in cash this month.

WM is overflowing right now too with Legends and animated stuff.  Blah.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 17, 2008, 09:54 AM »
If there was any chance that the movie might actually be cool enough to make me want to pick up a couple of these items, it's absolutely gone now.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 1, 2008, 03:52 PM »
Just curious, with the series debuting this Friday, has anyone changed their stance on collecting these figures?  I know I'm in the minority, but I've ended up buying one each of the basic figures so far.  I said I'd stay away from army building in this line (unless they come in a battle pack), and just about picked up another basic white clone today (and probably would have if I hadn't found a Marvel Legends figure).  Anyways, I enjoyed the movie, and I'm even more excited for the series (from what we've seen), so I will likely continue picking up one of each new figures that we'll get.  Some of the new stuff on the way looks pretty nice too.  Anyways, is anyone else coming around to the animated style at all, or are you staying away?  I'd still choose the Legacy Collection if I had to choose between the lines, but I'm enjoying both lines right now.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 1, 2008, 09:54 PM »
No change from me as yet, I've bought zero.  I am thinking a Cody to fit with the clones from the first go around, otherwise all have been passed over.  Not really opposed to them, just not sufficiently interested.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #85 on: October 2, 2008, 01:01 AM »
Unless the gear is enticing enough to drop $7 on it, I am not buying.  The Clone rocket launcher rocks so I got a Clone for that and I'm finding some use for the parts of the figure too.  Ahsoka I want for the backpack, Koon I want for the cool saber he has, and could see myself buying the IG-type droid just for droid diversity's sake.

Overall though I'm gladly passing... 

If they get away from the hybrid realistic/animated look and go to a full realistic look, I'm down with that then.  Otherwise animated figures are 100% a completely unique line to me.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 3, 2008, 08:57 AM »
No change from me either. I'm not even that interested in catching the series.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 3, 2008, 09:56 AM »
Unless the gear is enticing enough to drop $7 on it, I am not buying.  The Clone rocket launcher rocks so I got a Clone for that and I'm finding some use for the parts of the figure too.  Ahsoka I want for the backpack, Koon I want for the cool saber he has, and could see myself buying the IG-type droid just for droid diversity's sake.

Overall though I'm gladly passing... 

If they get away from the hybrid realistic/animated look and go to a full realistic look, I'm down with that then.  Otherwise animated figures are 100% a completely unique line to me.

I have to echo Jesse's sentiments nearly completely.

I haven't bought any single card figures at all. In fact the closest I've come to anything animated is the AT-TE which most of us can agree works as a realistic version as well.

I will buy Ahsoka, Plo Koon,  and Cody, and possibly a Magna Guard. Pretty much for the same reasons as Jesse. I plan to make a realisitc head for the Ahoska body, I too like the double wrist saber of Ploe Koon, I think this Magna guard looks pretty good and may just look decent enough to be posed next to the realistic figures. Cody I'm getting for reference to make a custom Phase 1 Cody from a realistic white clone. Yes, I know I can get pics on the net, but almost nothing is better than having the real thing. By being able to turn the figure around into nearly position I need, I can reference his Phase 1 paint scheme easily.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Darth_Ice

• Banned
  • Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 4, 2008, 03:47 PM »
I ran across a C.Cody and Jedi girl today at Target Cody was cool, but the othre one looked REALLY cheap for a Star wars Product. What is it with Hasbro actually not  making good female figures?  :(

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: November 24, 2008, 10:44 AM »
It may just be our area, but the animated series seems to be pushing the sales of this line (and Star Wars in general) pretty well right now.  Just a few weeks ago the pegs were stuffed about everywhere, but after visiting a couple of our local Targets this weekend (one regular, one Super), the animated line was virtually sold out at both stores.  There were a few figures at each (mostly R2s or SBDs), but even those have been cut down significantly lately.  I wonder if this series (and, as a result, this line) is really catching on with the kiddos now, or its just a general buying spree leading up to Christmas.  I have to say that every time I've been out the past month or so, there has been someone looking at the Star Wars section (often a parent or grandparent with a list).  Good to see.  The Legacy stuff is moving well too, with mostly Legends or Yarna/Ak-Rev/Bane Malor on the pegs here locally.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2008, 11:28 AM by Brian »