Author Topic: The Apple iPhone Thread  (Read 31816 times)

Offline JediMoses

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
The Apple iPhone Thread
« on: July 11, 2008, 10:30 AM »
Tried to get one this morning and the line was too darn long.  Anyone do the same?
« Last Edit: July 11, 2008, 10:41 AM by JediMoses »

Offline JediMoses

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: The Apple iPhone Thread
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2008, 10:41 AM »
I iwll be trying a little later.  Also, anyone have one already?

Offline JediMoses

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2008, 09:17 PM »
I finally was able to place an order for a 16G one.  It should be here next week.

So excited.

Offline Chris

• Founder
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2008, 11:26 PM »
I think all Apple products suck and always have, not to mention their nauseating advertisements.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2008, 11:26 PM by Chris »

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2008, 01:37 AM »
I switched over to AT&T a few months back in anticipation of this.  I'm buying, but probably not for a few more months.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2008, 02:31 AM »
I have an iPod and a Cell phone.  No real need to combine the two since I really only need my iPod to play music and my cell phone for text messages and making calls.

Neat little gadgets though...if they were available on Verizon I might consider it down the road...I'm currently happy with my enV.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Call me "Your Highness" one more time........
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2008, 09:02 AM »
« Last Edit: July 13, 2008, 09:02 AM by Tracy »
"Y'all know you're the only ones with the Jesus fish in the titty bar parking lot" - Name
Cancer Sucks >:(

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2008, 12:46 PM »
I have an iPod and a Cell phone.  No real need to combine the two since I really only need my iPod to play music and my cell phone for text messages and making calls.

I don't even really plan on using the iPhone for my music, I want it for the Internet capabilities.  They're super handy when you need to look something or some location up when you're out and about.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2008, 12:53 PM »
Is it still unable to send a picture text?
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline JediMoses

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2008, 01:34 PM »
I think all Apple products suck and always have, not to mention their nauseating advertisements.

Thanks for the thread crap.  I know that there are lots of people who thin Apple products are overrated.  My experience has not not borne that out.  I bought an iMac over 6 years ago and it still works well for what I want and need.  In the same time, I have been through three Dells for work, with them never functioning as well as my iMac. 

So, I was hoping this thread could be for JD members who have an iPhone, want an iPhone or are interested in it.  If I wanted to debate Apple vs. ???, I would have created that thread instead. 

Offline Sugart

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2008, 05:25 PM »
Im getting an Instinct from Sprint. Same concept with better execution, IMO

Offline Chris

• Founder
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2008, 06:42 PM »

Thanks for the thread crap.  I know that there are lots of people who thin Apple products are overrated.  My experience has not not borne that out.  I bought an iMac over 6 years ago and it still works well for what I want and need.  In the same time, I have been through three Dells for work, with them never functioning as well as my iMac. 

So, I was hoping this thread could be for JD members who have an iPhone, want an iPhone or are interested in it.  If I wanted to debate Apple vs. ???, I would have created that thread instead. 

Sorry I wasn't aware that we weren't allowed to voice criticisms. Next time, I'll make sure I check the forum rules that I created before posting.

Offline JediMoses

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2008, 08:01 PM »

Sorry I wasn't aware that we weren't allowed to voice criticisms. Next time, I'll make sure I check the forum rules that I created before posting.

Criticism is fine but that usually means that there is a specific point that is being made.  I just didn't see the point in dumping in a thread with a grand pronouncement that all Apple products suck.  In a community like this, people start conversations and they evolve.  Everyone's got an opinion and free to share them, obviously.

Again, I was interested if any JDers were getting the iPhone and sharing in that.  But I'll be careful of whom I criticize in the future.

Offline Chris

• Founder
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2008, 09:17 PM »

Criticism is fine but that usually means that there is a specific point that is being made.  I just didn't see the point in dumping in a thread with a grand pronouncement that all Apple products suck.  In a community like this, people start conversations and they evolve.  Everyone's got an opinion and free to share them, obviously.

Again, I was interested if any JDers were getting the iPhone and sharing in that.  But I'll be careful of whom I criticize in the future.

That's just the point, you don't have to be careful of who or what you criticize here.

I think Apple products are oversensationalized. They always claim how much better they work but many times it is because those same people don't know how to use a Windows PC properly. I will say that their laptop hardware is often more sturdy than that of say, a Dell. But past graphic design work, they really have no place but to be trendy. There are many other solutions to the new iPhone that provide internet, calendaring, etc at a lower cost. Keep in mind too, I'm not a Microsoft fanboy. I'm thoroughly disgusted with Vista and a lot of the absolute **** Microsoft is pumping out these days.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2008, 12:11 AM »
Basically, Chris is just a hater!   :P

I love my iPod...just don't need it also be my phone.
This is the way.

I have spoken.