Author Topic: The Stargate Thread  (Read 16825 times)

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
Re: The Stargate Thread
« Reply #30 on: October 24, 2008, 03:30 PM »
Universe is executive-produced by Brad Wright and Robert Cooper, the co-creators of Universe's predecessor series Stargate SG-1 and Stargate Atlantis. SCI FI Channel plans to begin production of the show in early 2009 and debut it next summer with a two-hour premiere. --Patrick Lee, News Editor

That's pretty cool.  Hopefully there will be a couple more movies (either direct to dvd or theatrical) to whet our appetites in the meantime.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 27, 2008, 11:08 AM »
Friday's episode where the team stands trial was rather weak. Not all that impressive, but cool to see Woolsey get some more screen time.
I have been told to go to hell; well at least I will know everyone there!

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 27, 2008, 01:25 PM »
That was the standard small budget episode w/ flashback goodness used to offset other more expensive episodes.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 27, 2008, 02:22 PM »
The only real question I had about the whole episode is how did the people putting the team on trial know what they did?

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 27, 2008, 04:50 PM »
They got a lot of their intel from the Genii...and I'm sure the Atlantis expedition's exploits have spread throughout a lot of planets in the Pegasus Galaxy.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2008, 12:12 AM by Matt_Fury »
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 27, 2008, 04:56 PM »
They got a lot of their intel from the Geni...and I'm sure the Atlantis expedition's exploits have spread throughout a lot of planets in the Pegasus Galaxy.

I figure they got most of it from the Genii, but the information about Todd & Michael. I really doubt they have shared that with anyone.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 28, 2008, 12:15 AM »
Micheal did a lot to many planets, the fact that he was "created" by the Atlantis team wasn't known until it came out in the trial.  Similar stuff with their association with Todd.

I thought it was a good episode overall...it's laid the foundation for future plots, although who knows how it will flesh out since there's not going to be another season.  >:(
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 28, 2008, 10:03 AM »
They have been hinting at problems with the Genii, even since Ladon Radim (who is suppose to be an ally) took over. This is a plot that should have been talked about more before the series went off, but won't be. Sucks, because I would have liked to see more of that story.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 12, 2008, 09:16 PM »
Wow...I think they had a good ending to the Michael storyline.  Although his work still remains out there.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #39 on: December 15, 2008, 06:43 PM »
It's been awhile since anything has been posted in here...

Decent episode this week. That girl was really good looking. I wonder why the Ancient communicator suddely swaps both people's minds? When we first saw this device in SG-1 all it did was transport Daniel and Vala into the minds of the people in the Ori galaxy, those two didn't swap into Daniel and Vala's minds... I can't believe there are only two more Atlantis episodes left. I sure would have liked one more season. :(

In other Stargate news it looks like one of the first roles has been cast for Stargate Universe. Robert Carlyle will star as Dr. David Rush. I've always liked him in whatever I've seen him in. I think this is a pretty good start for the show, it should be interesting to see how it starts to come together in the next few months.
"This is the way."

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 15, 2008, 09:22 PM »
I keep forgetting to come in here and comment about Atlantis episodes.  They've all been really good lately.  It's going to suck not having new Stargates for a while.  Hopefully the new movies won't take too long to get released.

Wow...great choice for a new character.  I'm not reading the entire article to avoid spoilers, but I think this show will do quite well.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 16, 2008, 09:11 AM »
Decent episode this week. That girl was really good looking. I wonder why the Ancient communicator suddely swaps both people's minds? When we first saw this device in SG-1 all it did was transport Daniel and Vala into the minds of the people in the Ori galaxy, those two didn't swap into Daniel and Vala's minds...

It could be assumed that their minds were swapped, they just focused on the Daniel & Vala story. This past story was focused on both sides of the mind flip.

I can't believe there are only two more Atlantis episodes left. I sure would have liked one more season. :(

you and me both. I am really sad to see this series go. I think that Atlantis could have survived better if teamed up with Universe. But I also understand that the preception of Atlantis was still tied to SG-1. By ending the series and letting Universe be a stand alone they give it free reign to explore all sorts of things. My hope is that they use Universe to tie up some of the loose ends from both series.

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #42 on: December 16, 2008, 05:41 PM »
Decent episode this week. That girl was really good looking. I wonder why the Ancient communicator suddely swaps both people's minds? When we first saw this device in SG-1 all it did was transport Daniel and Vala into the minds of the people in the Ori galaxy, those two didn't swap into Daniel and Vala's minds...

It could be assumed that their minds were swapped, they just focused on the Daniel & Vala story. This past story was focused on both sides of the mind flip.

They didn't swap for sure. Daniel and Vala both collapsed and were essentially in comas. They showed them in the SGC's medical facilities, and there was a whole sidestory of Dr. Lam, Dr. Lee and the other SGC personel as they tried to figure out what had happend to them and how to wake them up.
"This is the way."

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 16, 2008, 07:08 PM »
Could be that the "mind swap" is one way when over long distances, like from the Milky Way to the Ori Galaxy, and two way when in relatively close proximity, like both in Pegasus.

Just a thought.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 16, 2008, 11:42 AM »

They didn't swap for sure. Daniel and Vala both collapsed and were essentially in comas. They showed them in the SGC's medical facilities, and there was a whole sidestory of Dr. Lam, Dr. Lee and the other SGC personel as they tried to figure out what had happend to them and how to wake them up.

It's been so long since I have seen I don't remember that.

Could be that the "mind swap" is one way when over long distances, like from the Milky Way to the Ori Galaxy, and two way when in relatively close proximity, like both in Pegasus.

Just a thought.

Could simplely be that the one that was in England was designed to do what it did, and thus why Merlin hid it. But normal opperation is how it worked with Atlantis.