Author Topic: The Stargate Thread  (Read 16831 times)

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: The Stargate Thread
« Reply #45 on: December 16, 2008, 10:15 PM »
finally bought the last 3 seasons my dad needs. Going to give it to him as a christmas gift...and then we can finally sit down and watch the series in order lol.
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D:

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #46 on: January 5, 2009, 02:41 PM »
Glad to finally see a new episode (although there's only one left  >:() and it was a good one!

They've done a lot of alternate reality episodes, so I can't remember when they actually had contact with this particular one.   :-\
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 5, 2009, 02:58 PM »
Glad to finally see a new episode (although there's only one left  >:() and it was a good one!

They've done a lot of alternate reality episodes, so I can't remember when they actually had contact with this particular one.   :-\

Friday's episode was awesome. I like the music mixed into it. As for contact from epsidoe reality with Series Reality who's to say. The only thing that came to mind was ROD, but he worked with his reality's Shepard, so it couldn't be that one. Well we know that the Wraith Data on earth will HAVE to tie into this Friday's episode. Too bad this one isn't a 2 hour episode send off.

I have been told to go to hell; well at least I will know everyone there!

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 5, 2009, 10:26 PM »
I really liked Friday's episode as well.  Even though I watched it from the beginning I felt like I was missing something right up till the end.  Guess I was expecting a direct tie-in to the series reality.  Still, good episode and one of the things that I like about the series and why I hate to see it go.  I think it's just been getting better.

I just really don't get Sci-Fi's reasoning behind cancelling this series.  Other than Sanctuary and Eureka they're really not leaving themselves with much.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 6, 2009, 01:34 AM »
I just really don't get Sci-Fi's reasoning behind cancelling this series.  Other than Sanctuary and Eureka they're really not leaving themselves with much.

E...

I think that's a little more accurate...with 10 weeks of BSG thrown in.  :D
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline EdSolo

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 6, 2009, 07:18 AM »

E...

Sci-Fi doesn't tend to stick with its original programming once the series get past a few seasons (when actors and crew want more money).  I am surprised the SG SG1 stayed on as long as it did.  Look at Farscape as another example.  Sci-Fi is developing a new SG series as well as the BSG prequel.  I am wondering when Eureka will return as well.

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 6, 2009, 09:46 AM »

E...

Sci-Fi doesn't tend to stick with its original programming once the series get past a few seasons (when actors and crew want more money).  I am surprised the SG SG1 stayed on as long as it did.  Look at Farscape as another example.  Sci-Fi is developing a new SG series as well as the BSG prequel.  I am wondering when Eureka will return as well.

SG-1 started out on Showtime for the first 5 years. Before it moved to Sci-Fi.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 6, 2009, 10:45 AM »
I thought they killed that BSG prequel? 

I'm not holding out much hope on that new Stargate show, Universe, or whatever it's called. Maybe, it just sounds a lot like Star Trek Voyager or Deepwater Black or something.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 11, 2009, 06:38 PM »
Pretty good end of the season.  I see at least one movie showing how they fight to get to take Atlantis back to Pegasus.

I wish they didn't just do the Star Trek fix and throw out the wormhole drive.  I thought that was a bit cheesy.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 12, 2009, 12:10 AM »
I also thought the ep Friday night was pretty good.  I would have liked this series to continue just to find out what they do with the overall Wraith threat.  Maybe they'll tie it all up in a movie.

Oh, well.

E...

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #55 on: January 14, 2009, 11:49 PM »
Yes overall the series finale was good, a nice touch on the overall theme of the series. One thing that left my head scratching though is who was the girl that visited Ronin in the infirmary at the end of the episode? Did I miss an ep where Ronin hooked up with someone?

Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 15, 2009, 12:13 AM »
I'm pretty sure she's the girl that works in the control room.  Usually she has her hair up in a severe military braid/bun thing.  I think there was an ep where there was a quick throwaway scene where they had an interaction.  After the Jennifer thing didn't work out.

E...

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #57 on: January 15, 2009, 12:31 AM »
Yup. She is Sgt. Banks, the gateroom tech who happened to be a very skilled martial artist. She and Ronan kind of hooked up at the end of he Season 5 episode in which Michael takes over Atlantis. It really was more implied that they were going to have alittle thing going.

I'm definitely sad to see the series go. It had a good run, Sci-Fi is just too ******* cheap to let any show go beond the five year mark. While SG-1 was better, it is really going to suck not seeing Rodney and Sheppard on a weekly basis anymore. There is an interesting little article from Jospeh Mallozzi over on Gateworld detailing what Season 6 would have looked like, and now they are possible movie ideas.

Anyone catch that little Universe promo spot? Not really a whole lot there since nothing has been filmed yet. I really hope it turns out to be a good show. I'm definitely going to give it a chance. The idea that it is supposed to be "younger and edgier" has me a little worried though. I don't want it to turn it to some cheesy, low-rate teen drama. Robert Carlyle was a good casting choice. I'm cautiously optimistic at this point.
"This is the way."

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 15, 2009, 02:38 AM »
They Stargate team has not disappointed in the past, so I'm looking forward to the new show.

I'm curious about hints they gave in the last show, like Odessy being on some super-secret mission that no one knows about and Carter taking command of the General Hammond (originally going to be named the Phoenix....nice tribute to Don S. Davis, btw).
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 15, 2009, 11:51 AM »
Thoughts on the last episode -

Don S. Davis tribute was super classy. Loved it.
Odessey being on some super mission - HMMM...(Movie plot anyone?)
Ending shot with the team along with Beckett & Banks was a great send off.
Only thing missing was Jeannie Miller (McKay's Sister)

It was nice to see that they didn't bring the SG-1 team in to help send the show off. They only had Carter since she had ties to the show.