Author Topic: Previews "Crimson Empire: The Crucible" Box Set  (Read 30858 times)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Re: Previews "Crimson Empire: The Crucible" Box Set
« Reply #75 on: December 18, 2008, 10:20 AM »
I got a shipping notice last night that my "box of power rangers rip-offs" was on it's way...  :D

Like I said earlier in the thread, I don't hate this set.  Granted it's not the coolest box set ever, but I enjoyed reading the CE stories back in the day so I'll gladly add these to my collection.  I think they will look fine next to the other CE figures Hasbro has done...
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 18, 2008, 11:36 AM »
I got a shipping notice last night that my "box of power rangers rip-offs" was on it's way...

I've lost all respect for you Jeff.   ::)

j/k  -  I still hate this set though. 
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #77 on: December 18, 2008, 05:39 PM »
I've not ordered this yet, and I'm not going to till I see it on sale I think.  I'll live without these till then.  I dont' think they look bad really, so I'm ok with them and all, but I just feel they should be cheaper I guess.

Anton (or anyone who has it), what body was used for the guards?  Is it the Clone Training figure, with the stupid bent ankles?
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 18, 2008, 07:09 PM »
I got my shipping notification for this as well. According to the tracking system, I should have it tomorrow!

Go-go-Power-Rangers!  ::)
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 19, 2008, 09:14 AM »

Anton (or anyone who has it), what body was used for the guards?  Is it the Clone Training figure, with the stupid bent ankles?

No, no. They're all new sculpts.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: December 19, 2008, 10:54 AM »
Even the legs are new?  That's good news at least, because they look to me to be the ones that Jesse is referring to.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #81 on: December 19, 2008, 02:15 PM »
Good news if they're all new, and hopefully don't have the poorly sculpted ankles like the Training Clone had.  I still look at that figure with some disgust.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: December 19, 2008, 10:24 PM »
To me, considering the fact that FOUR of the SIX figures in this set share the same body and only have unique heads underneath the masks, I would hope that these guard trainee bodies are all-new sculpts.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Theta 288

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: December 21, 2008, 08:19 AM »
Nah!..... I smell that its the same thing as the Royal-Shadow etc Guards  ::)

Same:

swivel-cut elbows, ball-hinged knees, & not articulation on the ankles.

The Only think I like that two of them are Kir & Jax... I'm not fan of buying online, neither I have a Special SW store where u can find these exclusives like other locations, I sadly... hmmm probably pass on it... or I hope I get luckier & they can join my small group....dough I have all the Comics, its awesome... I was fan of it till R' Commandos came out  :)

=====================================================================================================
PS: their helmets look like for Bikers, or for paint ball game  ;D -----> http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f239/torso_boy/Yinchorr%20Academy%20Student/DSCF0804.jpg
« Last Edit: December 21, 2008, 05:06 PM by Jeff »

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: December 21, 2008, 09:43 AM »

Same:

Exactly. This is the articulation.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Theta 288

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: December 23, 2008, 12:35 PM »

Same:

Exactly. This is the articulation.

Oh!...Sorry I didn't undertand & still...what you all mean by a "New Sculpt"... I thought you were talking about articulations, cus was very obious to see what they look like...

PS: Any help to understand "New Sculpt"...thanks

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #86 on: December 23, 2008, 12:42 PM »
See first post in this thread... the 4 Crimson Guards in this set are "New Sculpts" (i.e. never been offered/released before).
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Oboewan

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: December 23, 2008, 01:14 PM »
See first post in this thread... the 4 Crimson Guards in this set are "New Sculpts" (i.e. never been offered/released before).

Looks to me to be A  "New Sculpt" used 4 times but with color variations and different heads
"Who is more the fool... the fool or the fool who posts after him?"

Offline Theta 288

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: December 23, 2008, 02:14 PM »

Thanks...Now I understand lol!...

Yes... I never saw them before... you all are right...is a new sculpt ( never released before)

The more I see it... the more I like it.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: December 24, 2008, 10:41 AM »
Not that I would want to waste a JediDefender Q&A slot on this, but I'd love to see this question asked in the next Hasbro Q&A....

Why did you decide to cheap-out with the sculpt for the Emperor's Guard Trainee body? The limited number of articulation points and the oddly sculpted left ankle FORCE you to pose all four of the trainees in pretty much the exact same pose!

For the same price couldn't ball jointed shoulders, elbows, torsos, hips, knees and ankles all been put into the sculpt and just throw out the Vader and Emperor figures? (i.e. make it a set of FOUR super-articulated figures for $40)

You always claim that you need a visual presentation or a "story" with each item, but exclusives like this, that are sold only in comic shops or online, should not fall into that category. The person who will seek out this set already has PLENTY of Vader figures and PLENTY of Emperor figures. This is not the kind of set that Bobby is going to see at WalMart or Toys-R-Us and ask his mommy to buy, only to get home and cry that the guards don't have a Vader to "spar" with.

This set smacks of Hasbro thinking "How LITTLE can we get away with and still charge $40?" as opposed to "What kind of additional value can we offer the collector community for $40?" In this day-and-age with how much articulation Hasbro throws into a figure like Yarna, Hasbro should be ashamed of themselves for even putting this set out.

Can you tell I just opened this set?  ;D

This set SUCKS - plain and simple. Due to the stupid way they sculpted the left ankle, I can't get ANY of my Trainee figures to stand on their own. They stuck stands in with the Droid Battlefront 2 packs - they should have put stands in with this set to at least soften the blow that the four figures you REALLY bought the set for all suck 'cause they all have the same stinky body.
Peter