Author Topic: Previews "Crimson Empire: The Crucible" Box Set  (Read 30910 times)

Offline roron corobb

• Jedi Padawan
  • May the Force be with You
    • View Profile
Re: Crimson Empire Crucible Exclusive Set
« Reply #45 on: July 16, 2008, 02:53 AM »
I'm not knocking this set, but it really lacks :-\. Why offer Palpatine and Vader once again ::)? I don't think I can stomach another Vader for a very long time ::).  I'm really done with him until something new in figure making comes along. And that version of Palpatine is there too.

I wonder if the helmets are removable? Might add something to this set worth picking up. I like that they are trying to give us something new, but the whole rainbow trooper thing is getting old ::). I'm even cutting back on the Clone and not even coming near the Stormtroopers in rainbow colors ::).
roron corobb
I'm one of the most well-regarded Ithorian Jedi Masters, having trained as Yarael Poof's Padawan. Roron Corobb
my feedback link

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 16, 2008, 09:26 AM »
It's good to see you are coming to your senses.  ;)
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 16, 2008, 09:34 AM »
I would expect the helmets to be removable and I have to say that that was the only thing that I thought might be worth picking up the set for. But then I realized; that's quite an expense just for 4 heads.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline roron corobb

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 16, 2008, 05:15 PM »
I would expect the helmets to be removable and I have to say that that was the only thing that I thought might be worth picking up the set for. But then I realized; that's quite an expense just for 4 heads.

Very true, as they are about $7 apiece, if you add in the Palpatine and Vader.
roron corobb
I'm one of the most well-regarded Ithorian Jedi Masters, having trained as Yarael Poof's Padawan. Roron Corobb
my feedback link

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #49 on: July 17, 2008, 09:03 AM »
The Ninjas are not even SA sculpts which adds to their lack of appeal to plunk down for this set.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #50 on: July 24, 2008, 12:35 AM »
New pics at RS.  Looks like the headgear is removable which is nice to see. 

Power Ranger jokes aside, I actually don't hate this set [*dodges rocks*].  I remember enjoying the CE stories when I read them, and I sort of dig the whole "training" gear as sort of a nod to samurai/warrior training in feudal Japan.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #51 on: July 24, 2008, 12:55 AM »
The Ninjas are not even SA sculpts which adds to their lack of appeal to plunk down for this set.

I will dodge some rocks too and eat some of my own words. These look better in the close shots and not as bad as originally thought. I'm on the fence.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: Previews "Crimson Empire: The Crucible" Box Set
« Reply #52 on: July 24, 2008, 01:07 AM »
Removable helmets helps sell these to me a lot more, so I probably will buy a set now.  I actually don't mind getting that Emperor again too, but I just dig how he looks in a throne.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline roron corobb

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 26, 2008, 12:01 AM »
I don't really now if the helmet thing changes anything for me. I know the price is high for just 4 figures that are worth anything in this set. You really can't even give the Palpatine and Vader away now a days ::). Even kids have five or six of them in their collections.

Anyway all that aside, isn't it odd to get Vader is this set when he never set foot on the planet they trained on? The Emperior I can see, but not Vader. Could have save money and offered another color of the Guard. I guess it's too much to ask Hasbro to be accurate.
roron corobb
my feedback link

Offline Spacey

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 26, 2008, 12:06 AM »
Vader does visit the planet in the comics; he duels one of the trainees... one who isn't in the pack. I think this set is meant to replicate the scene of the "final duels" between the trainees, with the Emperor & Vader watching, to see which become royal guards.
I want your modern Imperials! Click for WTB list... :)

Offline roron corobb

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 26, 2008, 02:06 AM »
Vader does visit the planet in the comics; he duels one of the trainees... one who isn't in the pack. I think this set is meant to replicate the scene of the "final duels" between the trainees, with the Emperor & Vader watching, to see which become royal guards.

Oh, I didn't know that. I'm not much into the comics, but thanks for the information.
roron corobb
my feedback link

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #56 on: September 25, 2008, 04:27 AM »
Got a photo of this set boxed from one of our sources...

Clicky to check it out!

Obviously we've known what was coming but the set seems to have fallen off most people's radar since the initial discussion.  I'd honestly almost forgotten about this piece...  I'm more interested in the EE "Joker Squad" set but the price on this set has me re-interested in it.  A "good deal" is tough to come by these days in this hobby so I'm liking this now a little more for some reason because it just feels like more for your money for some reason.

I'm curious to see if the final figures use those bad "Training Gear Clone" legs too.  If they ultimately do (tough to tell by the photo), I'm gonna probably pass on this one at least till a discount.  That'll be the make-or-break point for me I believe.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #57 on: September 25, 2008, 08:19 AM »
I really want a green one so i hope we get that in a single release.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 25, 2008, 09:17 AM »
This is a set I'm going to get kicking and screaming.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #59 on: September 25, 2008, 02:53 PM »
It would appear they added some eye bag deco to the Emperor to look more like the OTC version, yet another minor upgrade from the Order 66 2 version. It matches the Saga2 re-release deco a bit more in terms of face.

I ordered one of these awhile back, at least the Vader and Palps make good custom fodder so it made the purchase easier for me. If the Palps has better deco that will help a little too.