Author Topic: TLC "Training on the Falcon" Battle Pack  (Read 16453 times)

Online Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
Re: TLC "Training on the Falcon" Battle Pack
« Reply #45 on: October 1, 2008, 09:51 PM »
Beats me, I don't have anywhere to put that thing, and I'm not spending $150 on a training remote - but I assume what you're getting at is that it would have been easy for Hasbro to put one in this ultra-appropriate location.

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #46 on: October 1, 2008, 10:29 PM »
Beats me, I don't have anywhere to put that thing, and I'm not spending $150 on a training remote - but I assume what you're getting at is that it would have been easy for Hasbro to put one in this ultra-appropriate location.

True, the training remote would help with this set being its namesake and all but we're talking Hasbro here -they included gas masks accessories for a "training themed" set .  ::) 

I think this was intended to be a battle pack/accessory set designed expressly with owners of the new Falcon in mind.
« Last Edit: October 1, 2008, 10:37 PM by Jayson »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 1, 2008, 10:31 PM »

OR that since a lot of us have the new Falcon, you can easily use this scene with it.  

I think its funny that they still call something like this a "Battle Pack"...they should call it a Snoozer Pack.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 1, 2008, 10:39 PM »
I think they want to save a standalone training remote for a new version of ANH Luke.  Include the remote, a new blast shield helmet and lightsaber along with a new sculpt of Luke, and you manage to make something fresh for say, 2011.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #49 on: October 2, 2008, 09:45 AM »
It doesn't really seem like this pack is aimed at collectors as much as it's aimed at kids getting the new Millenium Falcon (if any kids actually got that behemoth). It makes sense that they could get—in one shot—most of the major characters that hang out on the Falcon, as well as a bunch of accessories. I think it's great for that purpose.

I'm not buying it, though.
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 3, 2008, 09:06 AM »
I agree. Although this BP is quite redundant for us, it's a great move on Hasbro's part for those who haven't been collecting for as long as we've been.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 3, 2008, 02:48 PM »
what version of R2 is that, watch it be that R4 version EVERYONE has been wanting just to get us to buy this.

Looks to be the VOTC version with again, the glued down panel

probably is but he doesn't seem to have the shiny head, which is what threw me off
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 20, 2008, 12:15 PM »
I saw this at Target yesterday. The accessories included are definitely really cool, and it made the set tempting, but i just couldn't justify $22 plus tax for three figures I already have and a Ben Kenobi that's a turd compared to the one coming in Wave 5. But it's out there, for anyone who's interested in filling up their Falcon.
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 20, 2008, 06:19 PM »
It is a nice looking set and I've given thought to purchasing to go with my boxed Falcon that I'm afraid to open.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 20, 2008, 06:23 PM »
I think it's a cool companion piece to the Falcon.  I really like the version of C-3PO that they used, even if that is a ROTJ Threepio.  The other figures are okay.  Not great, but okay.  And the accessories really add to the Falcon interior.  I like how they even included one gas mask that's specifically for Chewbacca.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline EpicGon

• Jedi Padawan
  • The life so short, the craft so large to learn.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 20, 2008, 08:16 PM »
This BP seems like a return to the diorama era of jabba palace and chalmun cantina from potf2

Following this style of hard card deco they could create a batle pack of Toshe station, repacking Biggs from TAC, making a kitbash from a Luke with binoculars and creating Camie and Fixer to complete the group.

But I prefer some day they built these medium dioramas with plastic for the floor and card for the scenario
like the potf2 halves of dueling Ben Kenobi, Vader and Jedi Luke.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 7, 2009, 12:51 PM »
This set finally showed up at TRU in Canada at $29.99.  Saw it for the first time yesterday. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.