Author Topic: TLC "Training on the Falcon" Battle Pack  (Read 16501 times)

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
Re: Legacy "Millenium Falcon Passengers" Battle Pack
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2008, 01:01 PM »
The redundancy in old Bens could be explained away by the Falcon passenger version being cloakless, and the regular carded version could be "Death Star Duel" or some other version.  Technically a "different" outfit  8)
Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2008, 01:05 PM »
I just hope they give us Votc Luke, Ben, Leia, R2-D2, and endor throne 3po. If they can make that set then they will have my money.
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D:

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2008, 01:30 PM »
They COULD throw in a VOTC Kenobi without the cloak.  That POTJ version won't be able to actually sit in the Falcon. 

Neither can the VOTC. :P  I already put him in and was shocked to re-discover that he doesn't have articulated knees.

Oh oooops!  I just assumed that it did. 

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2008, 12:26 AM »
Pics at RS

Looks like TSC Luke, VOTC Ben, 3PO, R2-D2, and a bunch of pack-in goodies (gas masks, blast helmet, storage boxes)... although it's pretty much stuff we already have.  Definitely just a set for Mom/Dad/Grandma/Grandpa/etc to grab to go with the Falcon little Johnny is getting for Christmas.

Again, I can't help but wonder why there are only 4 figures shown... cost saving measure or was a fig missing for the photo?   ???
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2008, 12:38 AM »
Pics at RS

Looks like TSC Luke, VOTC Ben, 3PO, R2-D2, and a bunch of pack-in goodies (gas masks, blast helmet, storage boxes)... although it's pretty much stuff we already have.  Definitely just a set for Mom/Dad/Grandma/Grandpa/etc to grab to go with the Falcon little Johnny is getting for Christmas.

Again, I can't help but wonder why there are only 4 figures shown... cost saving measure or was a fig missing for the photo?   ???

Mesa tinking cost crunch'n is cause for only 4 figures.....very bombad for future of BP's!
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Re: TLC "Millenium Falcon Passengers" Battle Pack
« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2008, 12:47 AM »
Yeah, I'm guessing it comes down to wanting to keep the "$19.99 Battle Pack" price point more than they wanted to keep the BPs at 5 figures and then raising the price.

I guess, 4 figures for $20 still isn't terrible compared to the $8 basic figs.   :P
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #21 on: July 24, 2008, 12:51 AM »
At least the Hoth patrol got slipped in with 5 figures as the phase out of the old school BP's. As long as they pack in some gear I am fine with 4 good figures. Often times one of the figures usually sucks and is useless. Five perfect figures in BP's are few and far between anyway.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #22 on: July 24, 2008, 01:13 AM »
And the fact they're almost always repacks...  That really makes this "crunch" suck that much harder.  They're not exactly tooling us a bunch of new stuff for them, so I'm a bit frustrated to see them cutting costs in an area that already is cut as far as costs, and is the kind of thing Hasbro claims "Helps them make the new stuff that's obscure"...  That's annoying.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #23 on: July 24, 2008, 09:03 AM »
And the fact they're almost always repacks...  That really makes this "crunch" suck that much harder.  They're not exactly tooling us a bunch of new stuff for them, so I'm a bit frustrated to see them cutting costs in an area that already is cut as far as costs, and is the kind of thing Hasbro claims "Helps them make the new stuff that's obscure"...  That's annoying.

Yep.
As long as they truly refresh them with some kind of new offering I am cool with it. Hopefully it's he sucky figure that gets the axe. In the case of the bunker set all of the figures used in there are all up to par sculpts. No action feature figures to be found which is a good thing. In the case of this set the really should have ditched the boxes and gave a VOTC Luke or the TAC MF one for that matter.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 24, 2008, 11:41 AM »
Not an absolutely terrible pack.  The figure versions aren't terrible.  And the pack in accessories are actually well thought out.  Anybody else notice the rebreather masks from the Mynock hunt?  Plus the blastshield helmet, bacta tourniquet and cargo containers.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 24, 2008, 11:46 AM »
I just hope they give us Votc Luke, Ben, Leia, R2-D2, and endor throne 3po. If they can make that set then they will have my money.

Well Hasbro was able to throw in 3 of the figures I wanted but despite what I said before I will be passing. I figure I can wait till a new Obi comes out and the 3po and R2 I am getting from the Disney StarTours exclusive BP anyways when my sister goes to Disney World next month. So $20 for a Obi that will be upgraded and some accesories is not worth it. Nice set but it doesnt interest me anymore.
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D:

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 24, 2008, 12:12 PM »
Pics at RS

Mesa tinking cost crunch'n is cause for only 4 figures.....very bombad for future of BP's!

Mesa thinkin mesa gonna save a **** load ov mula ona thesa battlepacks!! :P
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 24, 2008, 12:22 PM »
Yeah, I intended on likely picking this one up - but now I'm not so sure.  Don't get me wrong, I think its great for kids and/or new collectors who just grabbed the Falcon - but with a new Obi-Wan rumored to be coming towards the end of this year, and the fact that they didn't include a VOTC Luke or Leia in the pack, it makes it easier for me to pass on it.  It doesn't look like a bad BP overall though.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #28 on: July 26, 2008, 07:56 PM »
It's nice for people who have not purchased the figures previously.  I could be tempted, and I also think an Empire Strikes Back themed one would do well with a post-duel Luke and some other figures along that line.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 26, 2008, 08:58 PM »
I'll pass on this set. I already have all of those figures. But it's a good idea for those who don't. And with it being a battle pack, it's a bit cheaper as well.

So long as this isn't overproduced so as to clog up shelf space in place on NEW stuff, then I'd say it's a good idea to make this.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010