Author Topic: Legacy Prices - Sales, Discounts, Price Hikes!  (Read 164453 times)

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
Re: Legacy Prices - Sales, Discounts, Price Hikes!
« Reply #150 on: February 2, 2009, 09:17 AM »
but army builidng is overkill.

Amen. I'm glad I don't need any more platoons of 36.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: February 2, 2009, 11:20 AM »
Figs are $8.79 at my nearest Target now. I don't evern want to think about it if I find Legacy wave 5 there.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline King_Maul

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: February 4, 2009, 12:00 AM »
Does anyone know of if there is a valid free shipping and/or discount code for Hasbro Toy Shop currently?

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #153 on: February 4, 2009, 10:06 PM »
I think smile8 is good for 10% off, but that's thirdhand news. It's worth a try.

I noticed a $7.46 price on SW toys at my local WM. I guess I missed the memo, since that was news to me.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: February 4, 2009, 10:52 PM »
Just not worth it anymore.

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: February 8, 2009, 11:12 AM »
Well, I saw yesterday that the Target where I do most of my buying has raised the basic figure price to $8.79. After the ANH wave, I think I quit. :-\
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: February 8, 2009, 02:15 PM »
Well, I saw yesterday that the Target where I do most of my buying has raised the basic figure price to $8.79. After the ANH wave, I think I quit. :-\

$8.19 has killed the Titanium line for me.  $8.79 will do the same for basic figs - that is until I find w5.  Is Hasbro forcing us die-hards to quit collecting, or is it Target?
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: February 8, 2009, 03:44 PM »
Well, we have been known to pay $10, $12, $15, $20 for a single carded figure in the past. Hasbro upping the price is just a reaction to our buying habbits. Of course, those where "exclusives". I wonder if the entire star wars line will become "exclusives" eventually.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: February 8, 2009, 04:04 PM »
I wonder if the entire star wars line will become "exclusives" eventually.

I highly doubt it, even though it is starting to happen to Mighty Muggs.

I dunno, $8.79 is just way too much for me, I can't support collecting anymore. I'll pick and choose a few of my favorites every now and then (Wave 5, ICMG) but I'm pretty much done with actively collecting these. And when you think about it, as long as they can raise the price of the basic figures, they can pretty much raise the prices of everything else because it'll still be a 'deal.' For example since basic figures are $8.79, they can get away with making comic packs $16 or making battle packs $30. So it really sucks that this is happening to the line. :-\
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: February 9, 2009, 09:07 AM »
The price hikes are really starting to sting.  I haven't seen anything over $7.99 here personally, although that is high enough.  If we start hitting closer to $9 on average across the country, that will really make me think twice as well.  I've been one (of the few) that is collecting most of the Clone Wars line as well, but I'm starting to think I might have to let those go - or just pick up a few here and there (like Kit Fisto, etc.).  If they are going to start charging this type of price for the basic figures, I really hope they slow down the releases per year, or I'll never be able to keep up.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: February 9, 2009, 09:12 AM »
I just keep thanking my lucky stars that I decided to cut back on my collecting habits with this line.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: February 9, 2009, 06:15 PM »
Well, if Kohl's had some current stock (like Wave 5) in, they'd have a pretty good deal (BOGO free, I think... Even BOGO 1/2 price would be almost a steal at Target's rates!)

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: February 9, 2009, 10:03 PM »
Well, if Kohl's had some current stock (like Wave 5) in, they'd have a pretty good deal (BOGO free, I think... Even BOGO 1/2 price would be almost a steal at Target's rates!)

Kohls is BOGO this week?
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: February 9, 2009, 11:33 PM »

Kohls is BOGO this week?

Yeah, it is. My wife told me about it and I saw it at the Knollwood Kohls, but all they had were 2 Yarnas and 2 Malars. Need to try the Maple Grove one.

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: February 10, 2009, 08:36 AM »
The Knollwood Kohl's hasn't gotten any new figs in months. I'm thinking maybe they are done carrying SW stuff. Has anyone seen a Kohl's that has gotten stuff in lately?
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within