Author Topic: Legacy Prices - Sales, Discounts, Price Hikes!  (Read 165207 times)

Offline King_Maul

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Legacy Prices - Sales, Discounts, Price Hikes!
« Reply #240 on: July 3, 2009, 08:31 PM »
Evolutions, SW Muggs, and ultimate lightsabers are 30% off at Target...ymmv
Yup, I saw the same at a couple of Targets today.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: July 4, 2009, 11:00 AM »
My end too. Might pick up a few more items if them make it to lower clearance.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Online GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: July 17, 2009, 02:10 PM »
One of the Targets in MN has put the R/C Droids on clearance for 30% off. Might be worth looking into in your neck of the woods if you were waiting for them to be cheaper.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: July 18, 2009, 09:59 AM »
One of the Targets in MN has put the R/C Droids on clearance for 30% off. Might be worth looking into in your neck of the woods if you were waiting for them to be cheaper.

I noticed our local store has had these marked down the past couple weeks as well.  I think they are sitting at around $11.88 or so for the moment.  I have noticed that there hasn't been an R2 on the pegs since the first week of release though, but the others seem to be hanging fairly regularly.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: July 18, 2009, 10:49 AM »
Cool. I'm glad I waited on those.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: July 20, 2009, 10:04 AM »
Picked up 2 more AT-TEs this weekend for TRU's Christmas in July sale for $49.99 each.  A far cry better than the original price. I'm glad I waited to pick up some extras.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: July 21, 2009, 04:33 AM »
Picked up 2 more AT-TEs this weekend for TRU's Christmas in July sale for $49.99 each.  A far cry better than the original price. I'm glad I waited to pick up some extras.

2 more?  Nice.  Do you have plans for a display?  If so, I'd love to see pics -- I'm a sucker for cool dioramas.  :)

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: July 21, 2009, 09:35 AM »

2 more?  Nice.  Do you have plans for a display?  If so, I'd love to see pics -- I'm a sucker for cool dioramas.  :)

Yep, I sure do.

I'll be using two for my Geonosis diorama, 1 for Utapau, and the last for Felucia or Coruscant.

The dioramas I have planned for Geonosis and Utapau are huge.  Each are at fully drawn up, I just need space/time/money to build them. Each are 8ft wide, 5ft tall and 4ft deep. These will rest on rolling cabinets that are 2.5ft tall (also of course being 8ft wide, and 4ft deep). On top of these will rest a lighting cabinet of the same width and depth as the dios/bottom cabinets. However they will only need be 12inches tall. I've got a materials list completed. As of now each cabinet itself not including the actual diorama to be enclosed in them will cost about $1200. Though that price will rise as I have to wait to purchase the materials to build them. The dioramas themselves won't cost as much as it's the toys that will take center stage. I'm estimating the cost of the dios to be around $400-600 each. Each diorama will have forced perspective applied to them. This means I'll be utilizing different sized figures in the foreground, midground and background to give the illusion of further depth than what is really there. Foreground will include 12inch figures, mid will include 3 3/4 figs and their ships and other toys of that scale. Background will incorporate the Unleashed minis, WOTC minis, and Titaniums.  So these will be intensive in the amount of stuff in them.

The Geonosis diorama will be split with 3ft wide of it being for the arena, while the other 5ft wide being for the main ground battle.
The Utapau diorama will have scenes placed throughout that will relatively "read" left to right in an up and down zigzag pattern.

I'm a designer holding degrees in both industrial and graphic design. I got into design because of the movies, wanting to know exactly how they did the things they did. So I now (and have for years) know how to make scratch built models, miniature sets, lighting, stop motion, mechanical robotics and more. So you can be certain I'll be putting my all into those dioramas. I want them to be as close to museum quality as I can get.

Once I get to the build stage, you can bet I'll be posting pics. I got approval from LFL to create a website documenting these projects.

This has been a long time in planning and is moving along. For now though it remains at the completed drawing board stage as I just don't have the room to build anything of this size, nor the time to devote to them and for now the extra money, since I'm still actively collecting.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline King_Maul

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: July 24, 2009, 02:46 PM »
Here's what the 2009 HasbroToyShop.com Comic-Con Exclusives order form at SDCC has printed.

Specials Available Online Only at hasbrotoyshop.com

Star Wars (Official Protective Cases 10-Pack) #87010
was $14.99 now $7.49

GI Joe (Official Protective Cases 10-Pack) #69036
was $14.99 now $7.49

Star Wars Stands #87536
was $9.99 now $4.99

Also an online code:

Save 10% off your next ONLINE order. Applies to online orders ONLY.

Enter Promo Code: COMIC2009
Offer Expires 8/9/09

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #249 on: July 25, 2009, 10:46 PM »
Not Legacy Collection related, but worth posting in this "discounts" thread -

I opened up some new CW figures tonight and, in addition to the Eopie/Qui-Gon redemption form in all 4 of the CW Wave 8 figures (CW20-CW23), the CW09 Commander Gree figure included a "$5 Clone Cash" certificate.  The coupon is good for $5 off any $20 Hasbro Star Wars toy purchase.

I hope more of the figures will eventually come with the coupon!
« Last Edit: July 26, 2009, 12:16 AM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #250 on: July 25, 2009, 10:57 PM »
Wow, no **** on that.  I wish they'd do their rewards program aagain too.  That was good incentive to buy stuff.  I liked that last year.

Thanks for the tip Jeff, that's something to watch for.  I just hope it's not all in CW3D figures as I barely buy any.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: July 25, 2009, 11:05 PM »
That's a nice score.  Bummer that I still collect half my stuff carded - I could have multiple coupons in there and not even know it.   :P
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #252 on: July 26, 2009, 12:18 AM »
Thanks for the tip Jeff, that's something to watch for.  I just hope it's not all in CW3D figures as I barely buy any.

Yeah, it's a nice surprise.  I'm planning to use any I find on the upcoming Battle Packs.  Taking $5 off a $23 BP will make it almost reasonable again.   :P
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: July 26, 2009, 01:00 AM »
I just hope it's not all in CW3D figures as I barely buy any.

I bet that it is seeing as how the cash has "The Clone Wars" written on it, but would be more than happy if they put Legacy Bucks in that line.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: July 30, 2009, 07:33 PM »
Target has Mighty Muggs and Evolutions sets on the clearance endcap for 50% off.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks