Author Topic: Legacy Prices - Sales, Discounts, Price Hikes!  (Read 165291 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: Legacy Prices - Sales, Discounts, Price Hikes!
« Reply #255 on: July 30, 2009, 08:24 PM »
Thanks for the tip Jeff, that's something to watch for.  I just hope it's not all in CW3D figures as I barely buy any.

Yeah, it's a nice surprise.  I'm planning to use any I find on the upcoming Battle Packs.  Taking $5 off a $23 BP will make it almost reasonable again.   :P

Jeff, what figure did you get yours in?  I got a Yularren figure yesterday, and no clone cash inside.  I was really hoping to get something since all I wanted was his holo table.  I'm wondering if these are going to be very random/rare things.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: July 30, 2009, 09:16 PM »
I have 2x of all the Wave 6-8 CW figures - I've only found coupons in the two Grees and one of my Space Ahsokas.  That said, the case I pulled Gree and Ahsoka from also had coupons in the 6 repack figures.  When I've found other figs, the entire case is free of coupons.  Could be totally random, but I think early production figures just didn't have them.  I don't see why else a box would have 8 figs with coupons while others have nothing.  As more of these cases show, I'm bettering we start seeing these on a much more regular basis.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #257 on: July 31, 2009, 12:56 AM »
Jeff, what figure did you get yours in? 

CW09 Commander Gree, but he was from a Wave 8 box (as opposed to a Wave 6 box). 

Everything I've read from people who are finding them are reporting finding them in figures from the Wave 8 boxes (the Cad Bane wave assortment), which would include these 12 figures so far:

CW02 Clone Trooper (with Space Gear)
CW03 Rocket Battle Droid
CW04 Clone Trooper (41st Elite Corps)
CW05 Kit Fisto
CW06 Mace Windu
CW09 Commander Gree
CW18 Anakin Skywalker [repack]
CW19 Obi-Wan Kenobi [repack]
CW20 Clone Trooper Denal
CW21 Anakin Skywalker (with Space Gear)
CW22 Cad Bane
CW23 Ahsoka Tano (with Space Gear)

Looks like they were added AFTER they started adding the Eopie slips, so some of the early stuff that is only in the Wave 6/7 boxes (like Yularen or Jawas or whatever) don't appear to have them yet.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #258 on: July 31, 2009, 12:03 PM »
My Stop and Shop just did a big redesign, and the toy isle is much bigger.  Carded SW figures are 7.99, and they had the Rebublic Tank for 22.99.  Not bad.
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #259 on: August 1, 2009, 08:17 PM »
How noticable is the CW Cash coupon in the packaging? I'd like to pickup Yularen like most for the table, though the figure itself does have some alien customizing options as well, but would prefer to do so if I find one that has the coupon in it.
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline JediMoses

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: August 1, 2009, 10:59 PM »
The coupon is very noticeable.  If you see a folded slip with a small five on the corner, you have it.  Everyone I found was easily seen.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: August 10, 2009, 11:57 AM »
I'm really mad at myself. I had planned to pick up a bunch of stands for half off at HTS, but didn't get around to it until this morning. The sale is off now.  >:(
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #262 on: August 10, 2009, 12:01 PM »
How noticable is the CW Cash coupon in the packaging? I'd like to pickup Yularen like most for the table, though the figure itself does have some alien customizing options as well, but would prefer to do so if I find one that has the coupon in it.

The coupon is very noticeable.  If you see a folded slip with a small five on the corner, you have it.  Everyone I found was easily seen.

Here is an image of what to look for in the package when you are hunting through the pegs.

Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #263 on: August 10, 2009, 04:55 PM »
I saw all the latest CW figures, and not one had the Clone Cash Coupon in it.   :-\
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #264 on: August 10, 2009, 05:04 PM »
I saw all the latest CW figures, and not one had the Clone Cash Coupon in it.   :-\

When I took the photo above yesterday, 15 of the 20 CW figures had the coupons.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: August 12, 2009, 12:52 AM »
The remaining Evolutions sets are on clearance for $5 plus tax at some local Target stores. Three figures for $5? WHAT A DEAL!  ;D

Head on over to your local Target and see what you find!
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Theta 288

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: August 12, 2009, 01:23 AM »
I saw all the latest CW figures, and not one had the Clone Cash Coupon in it.   :-\

When I took the photo above yesterday, 15 of the 20 CW figures had the coupons.

The Target ones does have them....however, the same figures at Walmart doesn't... So I guess the cupon doesn't apply to WM (hope I'm wrong), I thought to use it & get the Dark Trooper set cheaper  :'( $80 bucks hurt
« Last Edit: August 12, 2009, 01:25 AM by Theta 288 »

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #267 on: August 21, 2009, 11:11 AM »
On the topic of "Clone Cash", from this week's JD Q&A with Hasbro:

We're glad you like the Clone Cash program. We inserted the Clone Cash into 200,000 Clone Wars basic figures this fall and that will be it for this year. We'll be watching the program to see how it does; it's possible we could expand it to more assortments next year depending on how it goes for this year (of course, it can always be used on Legacy and Saga Legends figures). Thanks!

Let's see... 200,000 coupons = $1,000,000.00 in savings  :o

I wonder if Hasbro is hoping that a pile of those Clone Cash coupons stay trapped in the bubbles thanks to the carded collectors that are left out there...  :P ;)
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: August 21, 2009, 11:19 AM »
Let's see... 200,000 coupons = $1,000,000.00 in savings  :o

Now if only I could get all of them - I'd be rich!   ;)  This reminds me of the $5 Target internet coupon that floated around a year or two back.  I know there were fraud issues, but I think a lot of us that used them for toys end up buying more than they would have otherwise.  I know I bought extra figs if I was below the coupon threshold just to get the $5 back. 

I hope the program works well for Hasbro and they continue it.  I broke down an bought a $100 Turbo Tank because I had a $5 coupon to burn, so hopefully it helps sell thru some bigger ticket items that would normally have sat longer.

That said, I'm a little concerned that the stacking option on these isn't going to drive as much incremental volume as they hope.  Sure, you need to spend $20, but if you do, you can use three coupons (verified at Wal-Mart and Target), so you're potentially getting three figs for under $10.  Assuming you can track down all of the CW figs you want and they all have coupons, you can get the last 2-3 waves for next to nothing using this program. 
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: August 21, 2009, 11:25 AM »
I finally saw one of these last night, but it was in a Rocket Battle Droid, which I really didn't need. Hopefully I'll find another one elsewhere (a Cad Bane figure would be perfect).
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!