Author Topic: Legacy Prices - Sales, Discounts, Price Hikes!  (Read 165167 times)

Offline JDH1173

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm not just a member, I'm also the owner!
    • View Profile
Re: Legacy Prices - Sales, Discounts, Price Hikes!
« Reply #450 on: November 23, 2009, 03:00 PM »
I found the big wing Rebel tie at Rite Aid for $19.99 if anyone is interested.  They also had the power ranger Crimson Empire pack for the same price.  Something to look into!

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: November 23, 2009, 07:34 PM »
Got my order from Toy Rocket today and everything looks good outside of the item that they reimbursed me for.  As a bonus, I didn't realie I had ordered the CW Assassin Droid x2, so was shocked to see these in the box!  Looks like this is a safe bet - order at will!

I wouldn't got that far yet...

I emailed them early this afternoon and I just checked now and I haven't heard back from them yet.  I know, I shouldn't panic and give them time to respond.  However, when I call and I try to contact them and no one picks up and it goes to their answering machine, then tells me to leave a message, but I cannot because the answering machine is full - that gives me a little reasoning to be concerned...   :o

edit:  also, live chat operators = not available....

edit x2:  finally got a hold of someone on the phone.  he said my order is taking so long because it was so large (33+ items) and they had to locate evrything in their warehouse.  he said now i should receive a shipping notice Friday or Monday.

Well, I have received multiple notices saying that they got way more orders in than expected and that there would be delays of 5-7 days.  I was getting these even after my shipment was sent out, so I assume they've gone to everyone who ordered including yourself.  Sending an email and getting a response same day is relatively rare in my experience.  Even big retailers like Target often say they will get back to you in 24-48 hours.

I’m just a sample of one, but outside of the item that they removed from my order, everything went smoothly with my order.  I got a well packed box of all the items I ordered and everything was in very good shape, so I would order from them again. 

I am happy everything worked out for you - because they didn't make good with their promises to me again.  I did not receive a shipping notification as promised on Friday or today.   I have to have another email bout with them...  a business that wants to bring in new customers or bring customers back should not be operating like this.  Also, their voice mail was once again fulll...   :o

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: November 23, 2009, 10:44 PM »
I am happy everything worked out for you - because they didn't make good with their promises to me again.  I did not receive a shipping notification as promised on Friday or today.   I have to have another email bout with them...  a business that wants to bring in new customers or bring customers back should not be operating like this.  Also, their voice mail was once again fulll...   :o

I never did try to call them, but I emailed twice from their site and got responses within 24 hours in both cases.  You might want to try that if you haven't already.  Still loving the deal I got on my stuff - $5 basic figures is insane!
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline JES

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: November 23, 2009, 10:48 PM »
KMart's BOGO has been the best deal this whole year.

Even at $8.99 a figure it brings figure cost to $4.50 ea. Can not beat that and they have had a better selection than WalMarts here. So far for the BOGO I had a receipt adjusted and got $38 and change back. I gave it back to Big K, but got a slew of figures.

New CW wave (Padme/Matchstick/etc), ROTJ, and some mixed ROTS/ANH waves. Also just picked up some additionals that I would've never grabbed at $9 or $8 but at $4.50... yes!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #454 on: November 23, 2009, 11:44 PM »
JES's summary is pretty much the same as mine...  I've now scored the entire ANH wave at KM for $4.50 a figure, so I'm not griping on them.  They had a lot of random stuff too...  Good army builders from the Legends line I'd like for that price, ROTJ and ROTS smatterings, some repacks from the new waves I wanted (extra AOTC Obi, AOTC Padme, etc.).  Even the uber fantastic VOTC Chewbacca which I gladly bought another of for that price and a footlocker of gear.

Add this to the battlepacks last week and I'm ecstatic to say the least.  This is the only place I've even seen ANH wave...  Like I said before, KM is doing something with distribution that WM and Target are not locally...  TRU's doing ok though, getting at least some new stuff in.

Same with spotting lots of new CW figures.  My local KM now only has a couple Yarna's, a couple Legends figures, and lots of CW stuff still (no army builders but I saw the new Padme and other stuff still hanging around.  I should've bought an ARF Trooper yesterday).  I got my 2nd ROTJ Leia and that was at a place already hit by another collector I think.  I got another Scanning tech, extra Ewok set I'd wanted, extra Ugnaught (first one) an Imp. Engineer...  That's just some random stuff I got really, but I cleaned up pretty well.

On the issue of Toy Rocket, I called them and got someone immediately, and it was 7-ish pm my time that day...  I had no problem really with getting through to them and they were real fast to say they'd take care of the issue.  I need to check that with my card and make sure it was handled, but so far I'm content.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: November 24, 2009, 01:21 AM »
Echoing JES's comments - I took my two receipts from picking up the Padme/Matchstick CW wave last week at two different KMarts, to my local KMart and the woman at customer service had no problem adjusting my receipts so I ended up with getting four figures for $4.50 each on the first receipt and then on the second receipt where I had only seven figures, she let me go back to the action figure aisle, grab another CW Tank Gunner figure (that I wanted anyway) and allowed me to bring the number of figs up to an even eight and I got all of them for $4.50 each.

November has already been an expensive month for me, so for there to be this price-break in the middle of it was a welcome change.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #456 on: November 24, 2009, 02:07 AM »
I agree...  This didn't break me, but October and November both each had massive hits to the wallet for me, and I really felt sort of hosed financially for a time because it was so much at once.  I really dislike that aspect of the distribution issues.

It really affects how I view the possibility of buying a 2nd of some figures because I think of the $175 or whatever I just plunked down, and how that only caught me up by maybe 50%!  Then the other 50% comes and you're in the same boat.  The KM sale was a saving grace.  And I swear, since 2005, I've had at least one moment each year that I went nuts at KM during a sale...  And before '05 I'd say there were probably similar moments with going nuts to get Legos on sale there.

Knock KM all you want, and I agree their figures are expensive.  I'd make them a routine stop though if they sold $7.99 figures.  Even $8.50 would probably garner more attention from me.  And these sales are a godsend.  But KM is a big player here still...  The Northeast seems to be their holding ground for competition.  Other states seem to have a WM every 5 minutes, but I can attest that isn't the case here at all, so a store like KM holds its ground ok.  Plus not all KM's look like hell here either, that helps.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: November 24, 2009, 10:48 AM »
The Northeast is a weird universe when it comes to retail outlets.

For example, there are no Targets anywhere in the state of Vermont. How crazy is that?
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: November 24, 2009, 06:47 PM »
I looked back a page or so and didn't see this so I thought I'd mention it.  I noticed today that the K-Mart BOGO sale ends tomorrow, the 25th.  So if you haven't stopped yet or want one more shot at something cheap, better stop soon.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #459 on: November 24, 2009, 11:00 PM »
May stop on my way to work...  Never knwo if another case got put out or not.

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: November 26, 2009, 12:50 AM »
My local Walgreens (which ONLY sells TCW figures) sells Star Wars Hasbro figures at $11.49, excluding tax.  :'( I swear, you'll almost regret buying a figure here, even if it's a super-rare one. I almost passed up a lone Cad Bane (good thing I didn't)!  :o
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: November 27, 2009, 06:28 PM »
Noticed Target today raised the price of figures to $8.26 in honor of black friday. Comic packs are up to $14.98.

This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #462 on: November 28, 2009, 01:10 AM »
Nice...  ::)

I haven't been to Target lately so I'll have to check that out locally.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: November 28, 2009, 05:23 PM »
I was in Target for about 2 seconds on Friday and didn't notice the prices, or today at my local store (I was out of town on Friday for the holiday).

I did find an excellent deal at the Supercenter Walmart in Vestal, NY on Friday, though.  Three of their exclusives were 50% off and I got the following:
Imperial Pilots: $12
Dewback: $15
AT-ST: $22

Used the Hasbro coupon and bought all three for just under $48, including tax.

None of the stores I stopped in had new TLC figures, Comic packs, BPs or Titanium.  The WM and TRU stores I was in didn't have a single TLC figure between them and Target only had a couple Stormtrooper card TLC stuff.  Wed night they had a lone Malakili but I didn't see anything else Friday so I'm assuming they had nothing new. 

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: November 28, 2009, 06:25 PM »
Wow, that's a nice score E!  Half price Dewbacks and AT-STs?  Sweet find.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today