Author Topic: Legacy Prices - Sales, Discounts, Price Hikes!  (Read 165011 times)

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Legacy Prices - Sales, Discounts, Price Hikes!
« Reply #585 on: March 28, 2010, 10:41 AM »
all SW figures on sale at TRU 2 for $10.99

also, at Meijer this week vehicles are on sale for $14
« Last Edit: March 28, 2010, 10:42 AM by shmashwitdaclub »

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #586 on: March 29, 2010, 03:06 AM »
Get thee out and army build. :)

TRU's a hike for me no matter what way I go, so if I get to one it'll be probably too late in the week for any great finds, but that's a cool sale regardless.  Wish I had one close enough I could just pop in for a looksee, but such is life around here.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #587 on: March 30, 2010, 05:45 PM »
I went to TRU this weekend and all they had were some CW figures with a few Sae See's sprinkled in. At least this clears the pegs there. What was sad the store was picked over in general. I noticed how low there inventory across the board, especially on Hasbro figure lines. This is usually a solid TRU too, I never seen it this low on stock.  A real sign of the times.....
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: March 30, 2010, 07:43 PM »
In the past TRU has had problems with old, stagnant stock on the shelves, floating around the store and in and out of the back room.  And their clearance pricing hasn't always been as efficient or aggressive as a store like Target.  So, in a slow time of year in general for toy buying, I could argue that maybe TRU is in a good position if they're a little light on stock.

Especially if that means they'll get a good dose of the SW exclusives they have coming up.  These exclusives aren't like their normal stuff so it's going to definitely drive some traffic their way.  If they can capitalize on it, good for them. 

The last wave of comic packs and a couple of Battle Packs are all that's really shipping right now anyway as far as SW goes. 

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #589 on: March 30, 2010, 10:33 PM »
  So, in a slow time of year in general for toy buying, I could argue that maybe TRU is in a good position if they're a little light on stock.

No argument here, I agree. TRU is actually performing much better as they are finally adapting to the Tagets and WM's.
It's just sad and a sign of the times. I know firsthand how retailers are carrying lighter stock on toys. WM is downsizing their entire section.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: March 30, 2010, 10:52 PM »
Hit two different TRU stores on Sunday, one was low on figures (zero Legacy, about 25 Legends of the two Jedi nobody wants more of, and about a dozen CW figures), the other about 10 miles away was stocked to the max - I'd say 100 each of Legends and CW, and about 50 Legacy from the ESB wave... bought four Legacy figures for the good sale price.

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: April 1, 2010, 01:46 PM »
I was very pleased to find that a Target I visited had a sale for $6.99 on Basic Figures, which lasts thru April 3rd. I dunno if this sale applies to every Target store, because I visited another nearby Target, but Basic Figures there were full-price.
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: April 2, 2010, 10:16 AM »
Should apply to all the Target stores. Never hurts to scan because they do forget to adjust the shelf tags.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: April 13, 2010, 01:02 PM »
It looks like prices may be dropping to $6.99 on HTS.  There are some "coming soon" figures in the back of the Legacy section priced at $6.99.

edit:  actually there are some in stock at this price too.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2010, 01:04 PM by shmashwitdaclub »

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #594 on: April 13, 2010, 10:20 PM »
Good possible news there... 

I can't speak for everyone, but even Legends **** is moving out at WM near me at $6.00...  Not EVERYTHING, but the army builders are long gone here for the most part save for ROTS white Clones.  I can't find a Sandtrooper to save my life for that price.  And I'm gobbling up Legacy army builders at $6. 

Gungans here I come!  May hit a good 40 of those things.

$6.99 figures, I'll probably be more likely to pick some things up then, that I otherwise would not have...  $6.00 is better of course.  :)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: April 14, 2010, 12:37 PM »
I can't speak for outside my area either as I've not traveled in the past month, but I've got a lot of Wal-Marts and Targets in my neck of the woods, and what I am seeing is a considerable slowdown of product moving.  I'm seeing the exact same mixture/ratio of figures at most stores that have been there for a couple months... even at the $6.00 price at Wal-Mart and $6.04 price at Target... and it's mostly Clone Wars and Legends with a few Legacy sprinkled in (mostly leftovers from the ESB wave).

However, my Wal-Marts have been getting in a lot of GI JOE ROC figures lately, and seem to be rotating product rather frequently.  That $5.00 price is nice.

« Last Edit: April 14, 2010, 12:37 PM by CHEWIE »

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: April 15, 2010, 11:23 AM »
Too bad the EU wave or TFU packs haven't made it to retail yet because iirc they $5 off coupon if you spend $20 or more on SW stuff from playsaver.com expires today.

If you have any of these coupons, and there was something you may have been debating grabbing, you may want to head out today and hunt for it to potentially save a little $$$

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: April 15, 2010, 12:27 PM »
Too bad the EU wave or TFU packs haven't made it to retail yet because iirc they $5 off coupon if you spend $20 or more on SW stuff from playsaver.com expires today.

If you have any of these coupons, and there was something you may have been debating grabbing, you may want to head out today and hunt for it to potentially save a little $$$

Yep - already done it.  ;D

Still hoping that I might find something new that I want/need on the way home from work tonight.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: April 15, 2010, 05:27 PM »
I guess someone else was on the same page as me locally because by the time I got off work the stuff I intended to grab (extras) was all gone.  Oh well.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: April 15, 2010, 05:59 PM »
It looks like TRU is attempting to capitalize on the exclusive status of the EU wave.  I've seen prices on TLC basic figures jump up at TRU to $7.49 each.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback