Author Topic: Legacy Prices - Sales, Discounts, Price Hikes!  (Read 164372 times)

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Legacy Prices - Sales, Discounts, Price Hikes!
« Reply #600 on: April 15, 2010, 06:17 PM »
I'm just glad this wave isn't $10+ a pop.  I can handle $7.49 if they did indeed raise the price.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #601 on: April 15, 2010, 08:24 PM »
That's been the Legacy price (or more) so I'm not really surprised.  If it holds I'm not overly angry either, but $6.99 or less is nice when you find it, and I think it'd help spur sales more than it's given credit for.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: April 19, 2010, 01:43 AM »
It looks like TRU is attempting to capitalize on the exclusive status of the EU wave.  I've seen prices on TLC basic figures jump up at TRU to $7.49 each.

I'd hardly call an extra $.50 capitalizing.   ;)
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: April 19, 2010, 07:06 PM »
I got a TRU coupon for $10 off a purchase of $50 or more in the mail today. I'm not sure if it's a nationwide deal, but it will be great to use with all of the exclusives currently trickling out.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: April 19, 2010, 08:46 PM »
I got one today as well.  I've no clue if this is due to my Rewards card, but just in time.   8)
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: April 20, 2010, 02:43 AM »
Attention to all - be on the look out for $6.24 + tax figures at Target! The price drop may apply to certain stores, but this began a smidgen before Easter when it began as a temporary sale until April 3rd. I returned to a local Target April 19th, and was surprised that the "SALE" signs had been removed, and the price tags read $6.24 - prices dropped from $8 to $6.24!
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: April 20, 2010, 11:13 AM »
HTS is running a "Spring Sale" and there are a few SW things in it.  Go to HTS's homepage for the link to see what is included in the sale.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: April 20, 2010, 06:05 PM »
Attention to all - be on the look out for $6.24 + tax figures at Target! The price drop may apply to certain stores, but this began a smidgen before Easter when it began as a temporary sale until April 3rd. I returned to a local Target April 19th, and was surprised that the "SALE" signs had been removed, and the price tags read $6.24 - prices dropped from $8 to $6.24!

They've been at $6.04 at all the STL area Targets since early April.  I figured that $6.04 was the new national pricepoint and had been for a couple weeks... guess not.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #608 on: April 20, 2010, 06:26 PM »
My local Targets have been at $6.04 since early April as well.

The Twin Cities does have some "premium" Target stores though.  Those "premium" stores are always on a higher pricing system than the majority of Target stores, so I guess it's those Targets in that "premium" designation that have the $6.24 price.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: April 20, 2010, 08:25 PM »
I was sincerely surprised that my finds made it to the Jedi Defender home page!! But yes, I have scored Basic Figures at the $6.24 price point... interesting to hear that some Target stores have them for $6.04.
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #610 on: April 20, 2010, 09:06 PM »
They've been $6.99-ish here, and are (last time I was there over the weekend) $6.64.   I haven't bought a figure at Target because of that, and they've got some Scanner Techs I'd buy if I found them for less, but given that I've been finding 2 new Scanner Tech's at WM every time I pop in for $6, I figured why give Target my money when they wouldn't budge their price, ya know?

I'm hopeful they're dropping price to at least your sighting Jabba...  $6.04 would be much nicer though.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2010, 09:07 PM by Jesse James »
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: April 20, 2010, 09:53 PM »
Forgot to post this earlier, but this weekend my local Wal-Marts (which are clogged with Dewbacks and AT-STs) finally started to put them on clearance. Dewbacks are $20 and AT-STs $30.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #612 on: April 20, 2010, 10:37 PM »
Not bad Diddly...  If you're interested in helping some of those AT-ST's and Dewbacks go, LMK.  :)

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: April 21, 2010, 02:44 PM »
Interesting. Wonder how many other WM's still have those. Wonder if Ross will get another round.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: April 22, 2010, 03:16 AM »
They've been $6.99-ish here, and are (last time I was there over the weekend) $6.64.   I haven't bought a figure at Target because of that, and they've got some Scanner Techs I'd buy if I found them for less, but given that I've been finding 2 new Scanner Tech's at WM every time I pop in for $6, I figured why give Target my money when they wouldn't budge their price, ya know?

I'm hopeful they're dropping price to at least your sighting Jabba...  $6.04 would be much nicer though.

Yes, it would be nice for further price drops. I'm staying hopeful that figures/product will go on sale before the turn of TVC... by then stores will be looking for a way to sell everything. And Target these days has been upping their prices.  :(